KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

Still waiting for mine to arrive... been over 4 weeks now with that Odin set. If they arrive and the Phoenix will take the same adventure trip it will be at least another 2 weeks. Hope they all turn out well :)

Still waiting for mine to arrive... been over 4 weeks now with that Odin set. If they arrive and the Phoenix will take the same adventure trip it will be at least another 2 weeks. Hope they all turn out well :)

Yeah, I ordered odin and winter soldier on ebay over almost a month ago and only ordered phoenix a few weeks ago and phoenix arrived first!!

Also does anyone know if and these bootlegs have and harry potter stuff?? I really hope they do cause we could finally get a hufflepuff and ravenclaw torso! I wouldn't be that surprised because there have been spongebob and toy story figures!

They may move into those areas and I for one would love to see that! I just think their main focus is on Super Heroes and some other themes popular in the east.

just got one of my sets, and the penguine and the kid robin, have short MOVEABLE legs,, does lego offer that and i missed it

i was quite taken with that ,

just got one of my sets, and the penguine and the kid robin, have short MOVEABLE legs,, does lego offer that and i missed it

i was quite taken with that ,

This was discussed a couple of pages ago. LEGO doesn't make posable short legs.

Hi :classic:

For SY hulk, they added removable hair and movable head and printed some nice patterns on the chest.

Now they just need to make the legs movable :laugh:

88513524h2.jpg

SY Hulk Vs Lele Hulk

22427533h1.jpg

Im a huge fan of ff4 and that is just a dream come true for me. :wub:

231451thin.jpg

Edited by Sebiron

Okay, my Odin, Winter Solodier, Green Arrow, Cyclops, Venom and Batman Beyond set finally arrived today.

First off, Venom is to throw away, horrible. Glad I own the official one ;)

Odin is really nice, a shame that one faceprint is way off, glad he has a 2 sided head.

Same with Green Arrow and Batman Beyond. They are all 2 sided, but one is always off. so you do not really have a choice wich side you prefer.

Hands and hair are pretty horrible, but will do for bootlegs I suppose.

My favourite is easily Odin, as we may never get an official one and he was the main reason I bought the set. Second is Green Arrow, as I could never afford the official one.

I have a slightly different question;

Do you think Lego's exclusive minifigs can be taken as a hint that they will never be released on a set? Except from some popular ones we get like Iron Man, Superman, Captain America etc. etc.

Okay, my Odin, Winter Solodier, Green Arrow, Cyclops, Venom and Batman Beyond set finally arrived today.

First off, Venom is to throw away, horrible. Glad I own the official one ;)

Odin is really nice, a shame that one faceprint is way off, glad he has a 2 sided head.

Same with Green Arrow and Batman Beyond. They are all 2 sided, but one is always off. so you do not really have a choice wich side you prefer.

Hands and hair are pretty horrible, but will do for bootlegs I suppose.

My favourite is easily Odin, as we may never get an official one and he was the main reason I bought the set. Second is Green Arrow, as I could never afford the official one.

I've actually got a spare Odin here with both sides of the head print pretty much bang on. Also got a spare Batman Beyond and Green Arrow with good face print on both sides.

The hands don't really bother me... they're not so bad that I'd need to replace them... they hold things so they do their job.

Replacing hair/hoods is dependent on just how good the plastic or the mould is.

I agree with the Venom though... the Decool one isn't great. The SY version which was a copy of Christo's wasn't too bad. just replaced the legs.

This was discussed a couple of pages ago. LEGO doesn't make posable short legs.

ok kind of rember reading that,, man legos missing the boat here,

thanks for reminding me

I ordered that Winter Soldier/Venom/Odin set. The Venom in mine was throwaway worthy too. Very interesting. The WS was pretty neat. Green Arrow was decent. Cyclops was kind of a joke, but good thing we are getting an official one. Odin was really neat to see in LEGO form. It is too bad they didn't do a Thor 2 set. As much as I originally wanted Dark Elves, I actually would have preferred the heroes in LEGO form and skipped the Elves.

Yeah with my Phoenix I swapped the hair to official one instantly because the red wasn't quite right but the green is identical! Really impressed and looking forward to coming back from America with all gotg sets, the xmen set, and the AIM lab set, and spending more money on decool and sy figures

It is kind of a shot in the dark with those bootlegs, but if you are lucky you might get a litlle jackpot :-P

I gladly own a eClipse Grafx Cyclops, who is, compared to the official (and of course the decool one) an absolute masterpiece. And made of 100% real LEGO. So he does not bother me at all :)

The green is close to the real SDCC Pheonix but its not exactly the same. The real one is slightly darker. Also the dark green detailing on the torso is slightly darker on the real one. The face printing looks good just slightly larger than the actual one. Great for $4 though.

So I'll be doing my first purchase today. I'm thinking 1 Green/Red/Gray Hulk set, 1 FF set, and 2 Phoenix/Joker/BW sets since that one I really want to be good. Should I do this or get the Flash/Nightwing/DD set instead of the 2nd Phoenix/Joker/BW set?

The fact that Falcon has a one-sided head is plus to me. I hate his hair. It's a black superhero, not an indian. Now i can leave his hair off, if i buy this set.

That's the first seller I've seen that won't ship to the UK. Thankfully my usual sellers are a little bit cheaper!

Got my Thing and Wolverine/Phoenix set through today and I have to say that's they are all great! Printing is spot on and The Thing looks great! Spiderman looks like it has a little too much going on on the torso but apart from that, they are really good! Very happy!

My Thing sets are in their way from China with 2 sets of the SY Avengers set. Just waiting for the Decool set with Bullseye to appear now!