KingPixels

Bootleg Super Heroes minifigs - worth it or not?

I'm just waiting for mine in the post.

Set of 6 figures for just over £4. Can't argue with that really.

Was this from e-bay? If so can I have the link please!!

I personally would steer clear of these. Customs are one thing, but when you have someone doing knock-offs, then I have a problem with it.

For those that are unreleased by Lego then I'm interested.

That's not to say I'll necessarily go down the bootleg route as I have a LOT of customs but when faced with £40 for a single figure or £1 for a figure then I'll take a close look at what the quality is like before making a decision.

The new Christo Joker clone doesn't look nearly as good as the original Christo but the difference is $70 to $1.50. Ideally I'd always have the Christo but budgets don't always allow that.

Same as the SDCC figures. I've recreated the backing cards and had them professionally printed. My customs cost me £4 or £5 each rather than £150-£250 each and look almost identical. With the new Phoenix and ASM Spidey there's only Spider Woman I don't have.

For those that are unreleased by Lego then I'm interested.

That's not to say I'll necessarily go down the bootleg route as I have a LOT of customs but when faced with £40 for a single figure or £1 for a figure then I'll take a close look at what the quality is like before making a decision.

The new Christo Joker clone doesn't look nearly as good as the original Christo but the difference is $70 to $1.50. Ideally I'd always have the Christo but budgets don't always allow that.

Same as the SDCC figures. I've recreated the backing cards and had them professionally printed. My customs cost me £4 or £5 each rather than £150-£250 each and look almost identical. With the new Phoenix and ASM Spidey there's only Spider Woman I don't have.

How much did that cost you for the cards? Would you be willing to sell any of the cards?

And this is where I got my Spider-Woman. Its a good custom for the price. Up close the printing kind of pops out but it is great quality.

http://www.buygofigure.com/mc122/

How much did that cost you for the cards? Would you be willing to sell any of the cards?

And this is where I got my Spider-Woman. Its a good custom for the price. Up close the printing kind of pops out but it is great quality.

http://www.buygofigure.com/mc122/

Yeah... the cards are for sale... I have around 30 or so of each card left.

I produced the 2011 cards for GL and Batman and I also did the 2012 card for Shazam and Bizarro... I didn't have a Phoenix or Black Suit Spidey so I didn't get the other card printed. I think I'll get some done now as my NACM pad printed black Spidey head has now arrived!

I've also been sent some samples of blister packs that allow custom copies of the 2013 figures now that I have Green Arrow, Black Suit Superman, and (soon) ASM Spiderman.

I did actually have the cards for sale on eBay but they got pulled as they have the Lego logo on them and I think the listings were reported by someone selling the actual SDCC figs.

I have a couple of the customs from that seller... I originally spoke to them about having the head and torso from each of their two Spider Woman figures swapped over to make a more accurate figure... the ink on that print and how it sits on the body is a little too much for me though.

I think I'll wait for SY or DeCool to bring Spider Woman out... I think they'll probably do the SDCC Batman too at some point!

PM me about the cards and we can arrange something

So I just received all my lots from eBay today. Wasn't as smooth as planned. Some of them are great. I think its the Sheng Yuan ones that are the best quality. I did get a bad Shazam. The Captain American SY minifigs are great. My only complaint is that the Toy Fair Captain America's head doesn't look spot on. The color of the flesh is darker than the real thing.

Is it the DeCool minifigs with the weird shaped legs? I really dislike them.

Also, instead of getting the Comic Con Phoenix and Joker lot I got some random Asian cup. -_-

DeCool legs have the blade hips but regular legs... Older Sheng Yuan figures have the narrow toes and the open backs to the legs.

I'm thinking a slight colour variation on the Bucky Cap skin tone is easily made up for by the fact that it's £1 as opposed to £400. It'll look nice next to my NYTF Iron Man that SY did last year!

The head on the DeCool Shazam was pretty god on the one I got so used it on my pad printed custom... Now he looks perfect!

Did you really not receive 2 of the figures? I've never had that happen before!

Ahhhh its the older SY figures I got then. All of my Spider-Men have those narrow toed legs. I'll go after the DeCool ones.

It was actually a lot of 6 of them. It was supposed to be the Christo Joker, Phoenix, New Wolverine, Black Widow, Captain America and SDCC Spider-Man.

Yeah... I just replaced any of those with official legs... The Christo Carnage had plain red legs anyway!

Don't be surprised if that other set isn't in another package! If for some reason you've been sent the wrong one just inform them and I'm sure you'll get replacements... Either that or eBay will cover you!

Got Black widow for 2.20ish, Im not that bothered as I dont really want to spend 10+ on one fig, also got the hulk for 3 and the oddment. Wish they did some more xmen characters.

I always order two lots with Decool in case there are printing errors.

Does SY do the NYTF Iron Man still?

Also want to know this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-minifigure-Iron-Man-New-Marvel-Super-Heroes-The-Avengers-With-Gun-/171317855007?pt=UK_Construction_Toys_Kits&hash=item27e357031f

Just swap out the legs for official dark red legs and you're done!

My DeCool set arrived today and thankfully the print is pretty much perfect. Phoenix and SDCC Spiderman are bang on anyway.

Black Widow is spot on also... Wolverine is almost perfect but a little logo misalignment on the chest (nothing that looks too off anyway).

Christo Joker has one of the better alignments I've seen on those so I'm happy with that and the Cap looks spot on too... although Cap and Black Widow I'll probably give away as I have those.

I couldn't have asked for a better Phoenix though... I've lucked out on the quality of that one... both sides of the face print are excellent too.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27e357031f

Just swap out the legs for official dark red legs and you're done!

My DeCool set arrived today and thankfully the print is pretty much perfect. Phoenix and SDCC Spiderman are bang on anyway.

Black Widow is spot on also... Wolverine is almost perfect but a little logo misalignment on the chest (nothing that looks too off anyway).

Christo Joker has one of the better alignments I've seen on those so I'm happy with that and the Cap looks spot on too... although Cap and Black Widow I'll probably give away as I have those.

I couldn't have asked for a better Phoenix though... I've lucked out on the quality of that one... both sides of the face print are excellent too.

I really hope that my phoenix is good because it might be the first one of the ones that I've ordered to arrive!! in the same breath thought I hope it sucks cause I'm supposed to be saving money for my holiday and if the figure is really good I'm worried that I'll spend all of my money on these figures!! :grin:

So I made a mistake. The minifigs were actually IN the cup. The seller told me they were in there to keep them safe :p

I'll compare the DeCool Pheonix to the real one later. The Joker and Wolverine are excellent variants.

So I made a mistake. The minifigs were actually IN the cup. The seller told me they were in there to keep them safe :p

I'll compare the DeCool Pheonix to the real one later. The Joker and Wolverine are excellent variants.

So you've got a real one to compare to? Lucky chap!

I'm really happy with this one... Don't think I'll spend £150 or so to get a real one based on this being £1!

I really hope that my phoenix is good because it might be the first one of the ones that I've ordered to arrive!! in the same breath thought I hope it sucks cause I'm supposed to be saving money for my holiday and if the figure is really good I'm worried that I'll spend all of my money on these figures!! :grin:

Yeah... but to be honest... for £1 each (or close as dammit) You'd have to order a LOT of them to spend a holiday fund! ;)

It's the only real exclusive figure I have. I paid $80 USD without the card.

And for that toy fair iron man, well, I don't think I can buy it. I live in the Us and that link is to ebay.uk

So you've got a real one to compare to? Lucky chap!

I'm really happy with this one... Don't think I'll spend £150 or so to get a real one based on this being £1!

Yeah... but to be honest... for £1 each (or close as dammit) You'd have to order a LOT of them to spend a holiday fund! ;)

Where do get yours from?? Specific eBay seller?? When I'm back from my holiday might go mad on these!

Where do get yours from?? Specific eBay seller?? When I'm back from my holiday might go mad on these!

You'll find multiple sellers for the same items mostly. Just search decool Pheonix or Phoenix minifigure and you'll see a bunch of cheap lots with multiple figs. and the seller is always from china.

I've ordered from a few sellers but recent sets have been bought from one seller. I'll PM you the details.

I've ordered from a few sellers but recent sets have been bought from one seller. I'll PM you the details.

You'll find multiple sellers for the same items mostly. Just search decool Pheonix or Phoenix minifigure and you'll see a bunch of cheap lots with multiple figs. and the seller is always from china.

Thanks guys, I've already ordered the Decool Phoenix, Odin and Winter Soldier from someone and was wondering if you had any to recommend. Thanks for the response!!

Any chance of sending that info my way as well?

After a few myself.

Thanks.

Yeah... the cards are for sale... I have around 30 or so of each card left.

I produced the 2011 cards for GL and Batman and I also did the 2012 card for Shazam and Bizarro... I didn't have a Phoenix or Black Suit Spidey so I didn't get the other card printed. I think I'll get some done now as my NACM pad printed black Spidey head has now arrived!

I've also been sent some samples of blister packs that allow custom copies of the 2013 figures now that I have Green Arrow, Black Suit Superman, and (soon) ASM Spiderman.

I did actually have the cards for sale on eBay but they got pulled as they have the Lego logo on them and I think the listings were reported by someone selling the actual SDCC figs.

I have a couple of the customs from that seller... I originally spoke to them about having the head and torso from each of their two Spider Woman figures swapped over to make a more accurate figure... the ink on that print and how it sits on the body is a little too much for me though.

I think I'll wait for SY or DeCool to bring Spider Woman out... I think they'll probably do the SDCC Batman too at some point!

PM me about the cards and we can arrange something

I sent you a PM

And btw, where did you get your sdcc green lantern and batman minifigs?

Edited by addemlit

The GL is from the first wave of DeCool figures although that was a real battle to get one with a perfect print.

I've now got 2 versions of that one... I got one from another seller but I'm not sure which company made it.

The Batman is from the seller that has the Spiderwoman figure... I just bought the torso and BrickLinked the rest. Fortunately Superman was just the figure we got in the Lex Luthor Mech set.

I'll PM you about the cards shortly.