So here it is, my Baja Truck:

It's good for indoor and outdoor use, and was built in about a day or so. Uses an L motor, Servo motor, Rechargeable battery box, and V2 receiver. More info and pics at my website.

http://legotechnicunimog123.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/img_5869.jpg

Edited by Rick
Per the Site Guidelines, please keep embedded images to a maximum of 1024 x 768 pixels

OH YEAH

i love tiny mocs :)

it's harder to make them good looking and with good performances... what about a video :P?

Thanks everyone!

I am happy to let you know that a friend and I are working on creating a Youtube channel for both our Hobby-grade RC vehicles and my Lego Technic MOCs, so hopefully we will get it started soon. I am currently putting together some footage of my previous MOCs into their own videos.

Very nice! Good clean looks, and it looks like it has good weight distribution.

You mention on your site that the front wheels have too much toe out. It looks like maybe a narrower rack would fix that, but it's hard to tell since the rack is hidden under some of the chassis structure.

Looks just right! :thumbup: Love the use of those wheels on this type of vehicle! :classic:

Very nice! Good clean looks, and it looks like it has good weight distribution.

You mention on your site that the front wheels have too much toe out. It looks like maybe a narrower rack would fix that, but it's hard to tell since the rack is hidden under some of the chassis structure.

Yeah I have that problem, but unfortunately the size of the steering rack can not really be changed a this scale or size due to the compact construction.

Also thank you for the kind words!

OH YEAH

i love tiny mocs :)

it's harder to make them good looking and with good performances... what about a video :P?

It's always better to build only as big as needed rather than as big as possible.

Yeah I have that problem, but unfortunately the size of the steering rack can not really be changed a this scale or size due to the compact construction.

You're not kidding! I didn't count studs before but now I see you really don't have any free room at all. The only possible solution I could think of would be to raise the rack up a bit, maybe inverting it and driving it from below, but the space in the front is so limited it seems unlikely to work.

That's a nice compact model. I'm working on something similar myself, it will be my first model with suspension (in a long time) and steering using the servo. My problem is i'm using the small steering rack (bottom right) and the servo does not seem to like it. Still in the experimental stages, as I learn the different techniques. I think the servo prefers the middle rack.

I don't want to hijack this topic but your help is welcome.

tandstang.jpg?l.r=1807486999

Yeah I have made many small vehicles similar to this and I have run into some problems. First of all the smallest steering rack is way too small for the Servos 90 degree turn. Even the middle one is pushing it when using the suspension wishbones that I used. Those wishbones don't allow enough movement for that 90 degree turn because the hubs are very compact and can only turn less than 90 degrees. At least that is what I have experienced.

i'm using the same hubs as you. i think the hubs reach their limit therefore hampering the servo movement. I have other hubs. older hubs from many years ago to try and maybe make it wider for the other steering rack. I'm also ordering hubs from the f1 car which should help for future. I will keep experimenting.

H

Here's a little color change, raised rear suspension, and a slightly different body design which includes a spare tire.

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

640x480.jpg

Just a modification....but I think it gives it a more realistic look.