Sign in to follow this  
-Carson Haupt-

ALBION: Stables

When the inner sanctum of Albion was built, a man and his wife decided to build a stables to house the horses of all the nobles, dignitaries, ambassadors and jesters that came to visit. As time went on, bigger and better stables were built elsewhere, and their business slowed down considerably. However, due to the recent conflicts, business is picking up again, and the stables are usually full.

14001009934_482c1fa692_z.jpg

On the corner of the building are some wandering priests. Like the Sparrows in GoT, they are urging all anointed knights to join together to drive the Drow out of Avalonia.

14000563285_cd63c69f81_z.jpg

13977454936_01d640a7fd_z.jpg

14000551005_f4de6be2a5_z.jpg

It seems someone has gotten into the wine storage...

14000984124_9e0f0e074b_z.jpg

14020541393_200fd4f651_z.jpg

14020530813_d475409271_z.jpg

Side by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

13997339551_6f59113a39_z.jpg

Ogrestables 027 by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

13997250212_39f983e879_z.jpg

Ogrestables 038 by Carson Haupt, on Flickr

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, glad I got that posted! I'd been putting it off for a while. This was really fun to build, and I enjoyed it immensely. However, I'm glad to be done. This is plot 4 on the Albion map, but I can't seem to link to that. Anyways, C&C is welcome, and I'd like to request the following credits:

Interior design

City scene

As always, more pictures on my Flickr.

I like it alot! Great to see interior as well!

Some shutters for the open windows by the horses maybe? Could be cold when the Mitgardian breeze comes down! :)

Nice build. I might have centered those windows a little more though

Oh and +1 UoP DoH for both claims

Edited by Scaevola

This is looking really nice and I'd say it fits Albion really well. Maybe you should add some more vertical beams though.

This is a very pleasing structure, the layout is very well thought out. :thumbup: I do like the little rooftop courtyard, and the scene with the cat stalking the chickens is a nice touch too! (Nice to see the back of the build is not forgotten) You've got some great suggestions already about little things you can do to improve your build - i agree that the upstairs windows would look better centered (and perhaps given a windowsill?) and shutters on the horse stalls would look really cool.

UoP +1 for the interior design and city life - great work on both of those! :classic:

Hey I like that you included interior also CH... Lovely! I like your ground texturing aswell!

+1 UP. Good integration of the wooden house into the rest of the MOC! As a tip, if you would be just a litte more careful with the sheet (or better yet, use paper), as you take the picture, and try to make sure it's smooth & covers the whole background (in the first picture, for example, a slight rotation of the MOC would allow you to keep the same angle but not see the dip of the sheet). You'd be amazed how much difference a nice clean background makes to a MOC - of course, since you built it, you know exactly what it looks like, but we don't, so the better the picture, the easier it is for us to see what you're MOC is really like. (Don't take this as meaning that your photography is bad or anything. It's much better than a lot of people's - including my own, often!)

Nice house and interior, one of the windows of the wood house is perhaps a little to close to the stone section (one row of tan perhaps would make the tree part of the house looked a bit less "chopped off"

UoP +1 for the interior design and city life

Can any Historicans participate in this contest?

If you're referring to the Albion plots, that's for Avalonians only. It's also more of a community build than a challenge, something like our Sultan's Gate.

Great moc, I really like the upstairs interior.

Edited by Torgar

Excellent build Carson, I was not expecting a full interior on this. I like that you've added variation in a lot of the walls, and the interior is very well done. My only suggestion would be to perhaps add some 1x1 brown bricks between the windows on the 2nd floor, and the left of the left window as wood supports. This would break up the wall a little bit and make the off-centered windows look appropriate.

Great job though! It's great to see more of Albion.

Excellent build, Carson. The layout and architecture look good and I really like that you included an interior :thumbup: Those stairs are a neat design. Was the bed inspired by my Daydelon houses?

Excellent build, Carson. The layout and architecture look good and I really like that you included an interior :thumbup: Those stairs are a neat design. Was the bed inspired by my Daydelon houses?

Thanks! Yeah, it was. I guess I forgot to say that.

Excellent build Carson, I was not expecting a full interior on this. I like that you've added variation in a lot of the walls, and the interior is very well done. My only suggestion would be to perhaps add some 1x1 brown bricks between the windows on the 2nd floor, and the left of the left window as wood supports. This would break up the wall a little bit and make the off-centered windows look appropriate.

Great job though! It's great to see more of Albion.

Thanks! I agree, now that I look at it I'm recognizing what didn't seem quite right when I built it.

Great build, I really like the architecture! :classic:

Thanks!

Great moc, I really like the upstairs interior.

Nice house and interior, one of the windows of the wood house is perhaps a little to close to the stone section (one row of tan perhaps would make the tree part of the house looked a bit less "chopped off"

UoP +1 for the interior design and city life

Thanks! I agree.

+1 UP. Good integration of the wooden house into the rest of the MOC! As a tip, if you would be just a litte more careful with the sheet (or better yet, use paper), as you take the picture, and try to make sure it's smooth & covers the whole background (in the first picture, for example, a slight rotation of the MOC would allow you to keep the same angle but not see the dip of the sheet). You'd be amazed how much difference a nice clean background makes to a MOC - of course, since you built it, you know exactly what it looks like, but we don't, so the better the picture, the easier it is for us to see what you're MOC is really like. (Don't take this as meaning that your photography is bad or anything. It's much better than a lot of people's - including my own, often!)

Thanks for the tips!

Great polished feel! Well done!

Hey I like that you included interior also CH... Lovely! I like your ground texturing aswell!

Great build! Nice interior!

Thanks a lot guys!

This is a very pleasing structure, the layout is very well thought out. :thumbup: I do like the little rooftop courtyard, and the scene with the cat stalking the chickens is a nice touch too! (Nice to see the back of the build is not forgotten) You've got some great suggestions already about little things you can do to improve your build - i agree that the upstairs windows would look better centered (and perhaps given a windowsill?) and shutters on the horse stalls would look really cool.

UoP +1 for the interior design and city life - great work on both of those! :classic:

Thanks for noticing the back!

Really great build! Love the stable section!

This is looking really nice and I'd say it fits Albion really well. Maybe you should add some more vertical beams though.

Nice Carson! I love the interior! :wub:

Nice build. I might have centered those windows a little more though

Oh and +1 UoP DoH for both claims

I like it alot! Great to see interior as well!

Some shutters for the open windows by the horses maybe? Could be cold when the Mitgardian breeze comes down! :)

Thanks you guys! And yeah, I actually considered that, but I thought the other buildings and wall would probably be pretty decent windbreaks.