10220 is my favorite Lego model of all time (yes - it wins with every Technic set ;) ) - but it definitely needs some love to be something more than just a beautiful sculpture.

I would like to add suspension and steering - but I do not have any bulletproof solution for such a small space (picture of bare "base" - http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-c2sdXPLjFxw/TpfWQGZQUmI/AAAAAAAACO8/ARmir6mTTow/s1600/H88-Lego-10220-T1-Chassis.jpg - thanks to The Car Blog)

Has anyone ever made a Lego car in similar space with working suspension? I need some inspiration :)

I have made this bus on RC, the topic is somewhere here on the forum,

I would give the link if i wasn't on my tablet :sweet:

There are on my flickr and brickshelf pic's which show you how it's made

Tibivi

I completely rebuilt mine from the ground up into a lowrider pickup. I also wanted to add steering, but couldn't get it all to fit being so low. I think with the original ride height it shouldn't be too difficult. As far as suspension, take a look at Mini Off-Roader 42001. It's tiny and has functional suspension using rubber bands. You might be able to incorporate a similar concept into your design somehow.

Edited by drdesignz

The quad bike instructions might help http://www.lego.com/.../9392-quad-bike

Also check out piterX's fiat http://www.eurobrick...opic=86276&st=0

I will take a look at those, thanks! But I guess 9392's chassis is too wide.

There are on my flickr and brickshelf pic's which show you how it's made

Good stuff! But I would love to keep the body unchanged (doors e.g.)

I completely rebuilt mine from the ground up into a lowrider pickup. I also wanted to add steering, but couldn't get it all to fit being so low. I think with the original ride height it shouldn't be too difficult. As far as suspension, take a look at Mini Off-Roader 42001. It's tiny and has functional suspension using rubber bands. You might be able to incorporate a similar concept into your design somehow.

Oh, I might try the rubbers - but I am afraid that it the body is too heavy :). Also - even without lowering the body I may not be able to add the steering without serious modifications, because there is not much space for the wheels :(

Thanks everyone for the answers!

Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but i had to share this.

I made these modifications over a year ago, but never made pictures.

Gave the VW Camper American style bumpers in a chroom look, feels like this how it was suppost to look, but the big curved peices on the front where never available in grey until a year or 2 ago.

purbdfquk3gn8mdzg.jpg

ebdlagp383e6r65zg.jpg