I don't know if this issue has already been discussed and I don't know if this is the correct area to talk about it, but I noticed that the IR receiver Version 2.0 can not feed more than two Medium Motors on the same channel. :sceptic:

Someone has already dealt with this problem? :look:

I've solved recovering an old receiver but I had no idea why the new version acts in that way. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

I think Philo did a video on this and it's on his page somewhere.

http://www.philohome.com

It happens because the V2 delivers more current but then overloads itself and the protection kicks in.

I've decided just to stick with the old ones for multiple m-motors.

So remember, go always to Philippe (I mean his philohome site) first if you have any question about motors or other electrical LEGO parts ;)

Is the V2 better for powering 2 L-Motors on the same channel? I'm considering purchasing 2 V2 receivers to power 4 L-Motors to drive a tank.

Is the V2 better for powering 2 L-Motors on the same channel? I'm considering purchasing 2 V2 receivers to power 4 L-Motors to drive a tank.

Funny you should mention this.. About 6 weeks ago I started building a mid size car to motorize, and I was running 2 large motors off of a single channel with a V2 receiver and it completely kills out after 30 seconds of use...

Funny you should mention this.. About 6 weeks ago I started building a mid size car to motorize, and I was running 2 large motors off of a single channel with a V2 receiver and it completely kills out after 30 seconds of use...

That's strange. 9398 comes with a v2 receiver and runs 2 L-motors on one channel and a servo motor on the other channel. I have 2 of this set - and experienced no problems.

That's strange. 9398 comes with a v2 receiver and runs 2 L-motors on one channel and a servo motor on the other channel. I have 2 of this set - and experienced no problems.

I've had the same experience with my 9398.

I can't explain the 9398 observations (I have one as well). You would think that two Ls would trip it out before 2 Ms. At this stage I'm just glad the V1s are cheaper and plentiful :)

Wow thanks for your fast replay! :thumbup:

Today I have wasted two hours with welder and tester for nothing... :angry:

Happy to help :) it's a great page with a lot of extensive testing.

Interesting, I never encounter this problem with the upgraded XL motor and v2 receiver after 30 seconds of use maybe around 5 minutes of use the receiver starts to cut power with some moderate use like in this video. This motor is a beast and it would have probably climb up that pile of bricks at the end if it was the receiver was being freshly used.