smittyfan

LEGO Frozen anyone? (Expand the Disney Princess line)

I'd love to see LEGO expand the Disney Princess line. :wub: They did Rapunzel and Merida from Brave, so why not Frozen?

As I've already said in the Disney Princess thread, I think it's because Anna and Elsa aren't officially part of the Disney Princess line yet. Once Disney adds them to the lineup, I'm sure we'll get Frozen sets, but they'll probably not be as good as this project (which I also already posted), so it's definitely still worth supporting. :thumbup:

That's pretty awesome. I can't imagine TLG releasing that much trans blue in one set, but it looks neat. I'd expect probably more medium blue and white with some trans accents or something. Just to give the effect of ice/snow.

The princesses are well done. So is Olaf. Although again, I'd probably picture a mold for Olaf similar to the Brave 3 bear brothers (not the same mold, as in they would make a new mold since they made that mold for a one-off part).

Oh wow! That's a really cool MOC! :thumbup:

As much as I wasn't a fan of the film, I did really enjoy the art direction, and you've done a really good job with the Ice Palace and the snow creature! I might of added more white, just to accent some areas like the columns, but it's still an excellent build! :sweet:

Very nicely done and like some others, I am also keen to see the Disney Princess to have Frozen LEGO set in there as well. Thank you for sharing.

As I've already said in the Disney Princess thread, I think it's because Anna and Elsa aren't officially part of the Disney Princess line yet. Once Disney adds them to the lineup, I'm sure we'll get Frozen sets, but they'll probably not be as good as this project (which I also already posted), so it's definitely still worth supporting. :thumbup:

Well? As I've already said in that thread:

I don't really think just making these characters in "DP" line would change the chances if they could be in Lego sets. As both of us mentioned, other older princess's haven't even come yet, and obviously there are issues for Frozen which didn't let TLC make any set during theater time.

When coming to as a Cuusoo project, suppose that TLC still haven't broken their cooperation with Disney and they'll still make something based on Frozen, in theory it might just end as Sandcrawler after its achievement. The only chance is that since Frozen is already too late to be in TLC's production schedule, a Cuusoo project can make it work.

IMO the stories that really fit in a Cuusoo Disney project would be those stories that are not too obscure but also not considered as "Dinsey classics" to be made in future TLC lines, for example, the Hunchback, the Bolt and other unused Pixar films.

The crystal building is very detailing, weirdly both Castle and Belville didn't come up with this idea. And for unknown reason there's no minifigs shown in this project.

Edited by Dorayaki

Well? As I've already said in that thread:

When coming to as a Cuusoo project, suppose that TLC still haven't broken their cooperation with Disney and they'll still make something based on Frozen, in theory it might just end as Sandcrawler after its achievement. The only chance is that since Frozen is already too late to be in TLC's production schedule, a Cuusoo project can make it work.

IMO the stories that really fit in a Cuusoo Disney project would be those stories that are not too obscure but also not considered as "Dinsey classics" to be made in future TLC lines, for example, the Hunchback, the Bolt and other unused Pixar films.

The crystal building is very detailing, weirdly both Castle and Belville didn't come up with this idea. And for unknown reason there's no minifigs shown in this project.

There are minidolls shown in this project.

Didn't realize you'd mentioned it before. Still, it could use having it's own thread. Sadly, now with the changeover being done from Cuusoo to LEGO Ideas the builder may have to re-submit and begin the process again.

LEGO could always be waiting until Disney makes them 'official' princesses. When Tangled came out, it was a while until Disney had a big 'ol celebration and made Rapunzel official.

Can't help but think a Belville-scale ice palace would be cool to see. It would make an Olaf character less in need of a special head type piece, theoretically. One of those feathery-type hat decorations would be perfect hair... :wink:

This is a beautiful MOC. Definitely worth supporting. Frozen sets would be ideal for Christmas sales this year. Guess we would've heard something by now though.

The biggest problem you have is that neither of the Princesses in Frozen are officially part of the Disney Princess roster. Until that happens there won't be any frozen sets... No matter how well made they are.

There's still Tiani, Pocahontas, Aurora, Snow White, Mulan, Jasmine and Belle that haven't had sets yet... Never mind Anna and Elsa.

Once they become Princesses, I don't think LEGO would pass up the perfect chance to cash in on the success of Frozen. It's wildly popular, and definitely in the public mind right now, and while they're new, take precedence over the other Princesses. I was thinking it could be two large sets: Elsa's Ice Palace with the characters in the Cuusoo project (and maybe Kristoff and Sven) and a small representation of Arendelle Castle, with Esla and Anna in their coronation outfits, and Hans. Although if LEGO does make it a reality, I doubt the Palace would be nearly as impressive. Elsa should have a new hair piece with a braid in the front, as well.

The biggest problem you have is that neither of the Princesses in Frozen are officially part of the Disney Princess roster. Until that happens there won't be any frozen sets... No matter how well made they are.

There's still Tiani, Pocahontas, Aurora, Snow White, Mulan, Jasmine and Belle that haven't had sets yet... Never mind Anna and Elsa.

The second part is more like the main problem, which means even if Elsa sisters join, they could not be in Lego sets too. Nobody said Frozen has to be in Princess line to be Lego products, however, their theater time is ended and TLC is not likely to make a U-turn, a general franchise is left to be the only feasible choice.

The third chance is making a sequel. But judging from the film history, excluding direct-to-video animation sequels, Disney animation sequel films scarcely happen, compared with Pixar films (though not sure if Brave 2 is also possible).

Edited by Dorayaki

This is such an awesome model but there's no way this is being accepted by LEGO. The way it is made may be accurate and looks cool but not good as a set.

Absolute no brainer, TLG have really missed a trick here, probably didn't expect it to do so well. My son has watched frozen about 12 times in the last 3 days. I see no reason it has to be within the Princess line. I would think a sequel is nearly certain, so maybe they will wait for that. In the meantime, supporting!