Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

Review - 4000010 LEGO House

The 4000010 LEGO House

This is the first set that connects with the new house that´s being built in Billund by LEGO. It is only available in Billund but there you can find it everywhere, even at the local pizzeria :laugh:! I have heard that there will be other exclusives coming that also only will be available in Billund.

The hush hush background story

Last year in january me and Bonaparte was among the 10 AFOL´s from all over the world that were invited to a secret workshop in Billund. We had some information what is was going to be about beforehand but we didn´t really know what to expect! Well, we were brought in to give an AFOL perspective of what we thought and wanted in & with the LEGO House which were to be built smack downtown Billund.

Details of what was discussed is need-to-know and not nice-to-know unfortunately, but we had a great time!

But I can say this - a least four things that we mentioned have we already been able to spot in the public information about the house :sweet: !

The top of the house where the 2x4 "brick" is will be the heighest point in Billund where you can enjoy the view!

Here´s the information video:

Set Information

Name: LEGO House

Number:

Theme:
Promotional

Release:

Parts:
250 + 6=256 in total

Figures:

Price:
DKK

Links ... Brickset ... Bricklink

The box

Designed like the Architecture series and the factory, production and moulding sets but it looks exclusive. It has Special edition written on the top right side, the same style as the 21021 Marina Bay Sands has Limited Edition in the same place.

gallery_148_267_173761.jpg

Front

gallery_148_267_175260.jpg

Back

The Instructions

Same style here also as the Architecture line. Black, dignified and expensive looking. Lots and lots of information inside :sweet: !

gallery_148_267_246615.jpg

Front

gallery_148_267_77445.jpg

Back

Inside information

gallery_148_267_111165.jpg

Page 2

gallery_148_267_268693.jpg

Page 3

gallery_148_267_120619.jpg

Page 4

gallery_148_267_404714.jpg

Page 5

gallery_148_267_348587.jpg

Page 6

gallery_148_267_380137.jpg

Page 7

gallery_148_267_21391.jpg

Page 8

gallery_148_267_21391.jpg

Page 9

gallery_148_267_212791.jpg

Page 10

gallery_148_267_12483.jpg

Page 11

The parts

gallery_148_267_148543.jpg

View of the content of the box

gallery_148_267_34426.jpg

The parts in the three polybags plus lose plates.

I know it´s bad form nowadays but I didn´t line everything up nicely for pictures, instead you´ll get the sets own inventory page:

gallery_148_267_157947.jpg

The parts list from the instructions. White parts mostly with some trans-clear and light bluish grey plus black.

gallery_148_267_130665.jpg

The special parts for this set. It´s nice to have a 1x1 tile in trans-clear, I hope other sets will have it also in the future!

The Minifigure

Common hair, head and legs, but exclusive print on the ordinary torso.

gallery_148_267_8791.jpg

Front

gallery_148_267_56505.jpg

Back

The build

The build is nothing special, no SNOT-techniques or something else fancy. Just bottom up stacking but I enjoyed the simplicity non the less!

gallery_148_267_9797.jpg

Step 06

gallery_148_267_82565.jpg

Step 09

gallery_148_267_83704.jpg

Step 11

gallery_148_267_259548.jpg

Step 16

gallery_148_267_307883.jpg

Step 20

Now we know what we´re building :laugh: !

gallery_148_267_238713.jpg

Step 23

gallery_148_267_8471.jpg

Step 26

gallery_148_267_276591.jpg

Step 33

gallery_148_267_5480.jpg

Step 36

gallery_148_267_57475.jpg

Step 39

gallery_148_267_169407.jpg

Step 40

gallery_148_267_213588.jpg

Step 45

gallery_148_267_141759.jpg

Step 46

gallery_148_267_145986.jpg

Finished!

Extra parts

I don´t have any statistics to support this but to me it seems less than usual. But that´s ok, we got an extra 1x1 trans-clear tile :sweet: !

gallery_148_267_46949.jpg

What does judge CopMike give this set then?

Design & Build 6

Parts 6

Figure 7

Playability 5

Value 5

Overall score - 58% .

That´s a pretty low score and it´s well deserved. BUT - a set like this can´t really be judged against ordinary set designed for play!! This is an exclusive of a modern looking building made to be displayed! So my final verdict is .................

• If you can get it at around the original prize, DKK 149 which equals about $27, and are familiar & like with the Architecture line - then it´s a go :thumbup: !

gallery_148_267_138369.jpg

Wow! Love this review and that you got to sit on top of the world, uh, I mean House!

Very cool that yall got to meet with folks in Billund.

I am all behind the way this is being offered as a set in the town only because of the purpose of the set and the fact that it is a reward for putting up with construction noise and traffic and disruption of business. After the price of MBS, this is a relief!

Thanks for preordering the sets for us as a side dish. We are gonna be extra hungry that day for lunch and might have to try eating several of these for each course!

Nice little review, Copmike.

I can't wait to see the place in real. Do you remember when it will open?

In 11 days we will surely see a gigantic construction site. :look:

Smart idea to sell even more sets only in Billund. :laugh:

Thanks for the review, CopMike! I'm really looking forward to this mini set, and even more to the real Lego House. Too bad it won't open till 2016 (that's what it says in the manual). Overall, I like the simple style similar to the Architecture line, and the 1x1 trans clear tiles are the icing on the cake. :wub:

Great review! How come this model doesn't have the same colours on top as the real Lego House? That's the one thing that disappoints me about this model. But I just suppose I'm being picky :grin:

Nice review! Thank you for showing this! Cannot wait to see it all in Billund!

Nice review.

Can you add the score value in the judgement? (like 6/10)

I'm not really a architect enthusiast, but this set seems really boring.

They could at least put some color in the build, like in the 'real' one.

Since this is not a landmark or famous building, it only appears like a pile of white pieces.

Which makes this set even less attractive.

Sorry, i'm trying to be constructive here, but it's hard...

Thanks for the review — I build it myself two weeks ago. Danish Architecture Company BIG aka Bjarke Ingels Group are those behind the design and construction of the real house. To some Danes that is something in itself.

Edited by Ulrik Hansen

To me, this set is just a bland representation of what looks to be a beautiful building. Essentially, it's just a bunch of white bricks and tiles stacked on top of each other in odd directions. Where's the colorful features on top? However, at the same time, it looks awesome as a collector's item and display piece! Hopefully, that makes sense. And I would totally jump at the chance to visit the LEGO House in Billund! Thanks for the review.

So you are telling me that with this set I can get 1x1 trans tiles for only 50DKK a piece!? That's great news!

So you are telling me that with this set I can get 1x1 trans tiles for only 50DKK a piece!? That's great news!

Yep. It's fantastic!! :grin: And here i was thinking $.27 for a 1x1 tile on Bricklink highway robbery! :wink:

After seeing the Big Model, I tried to match it. Still needs some parts though for the whole make over!

gallery_148_267_575755.jpg

Doesn't anybody know rumour about second more detailed and wide avaliable model of this house?Im hungry for info of this second model ....

Very nice report, Mike - thanks for doing this and also for being around to give input!

A nice review for a nice little set, shame I had to get rid of the box though.

Some how just bought this set at a store in the USA. Place called Bargain Hunt. Not your normal store. Closeout stuff. I get a lot of Lego sets here, usually damage boxes, sometimes missing a piece here & there. Just thought quite odd, to get a set that is supposedly only sold in Billund, Denmark, was in a store USA. Paid $28 USD which I believe would be the cost if bought in Denmark

Some how just bought this set at a store in the USA. Place called Bargain Hunt. Not your normal store. Closeout stuff. I get a lot of Lego sets here, usually damage boxes, sometimes missing a piece here & there. Just thought quite odd, to get a set that is supposedly only sold in Billund, Denmark, was in a store USA. Paid $28 USD which I believe would be the cost if bought in Denmark

It's likely someone ordered it online(Bricklink, ect) and then sold it to that store or the store ordered it or bought it somehow. Unless this set has appeared in the US at some point.