LEGO Train 12 Volts

OBB Taurus 1216 E190 025

At last, my attempt to reproduce the Taurus is complete ...so here she is with the Italian livery that I find irresistible! :grin_wub:

In the collective imagination the "worl record" logo and the dark deep blue color help to unleash the full power of this modern electric locomotive :excited:

taurus-1216-obb-e190-01.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-02.jpg

I know that the copyright is not mine and all credits go to Helos with its magnificent Railjet http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=88443

...this work is almost a replica (as usual for me :wink:), the main differences between the Taurus 1216 and 1116 are the two doors on each side and the four pantographs

taurus-1216-obb-e190-03.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-04.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-05.jpg

My model is powerd with one PF train motor and the batteries are inside the large body ...the model as lights :classic: and under the locomotive there are two switches to power on the IR receiver and the leds.

taurus-1216-obb-e190-06.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-09.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-10.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-14.jpg

Now enjoy the pictures: :laugh:

taurus-1216-obb-e190-07.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-08.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-11.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-12.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-13.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-15.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-16.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-17.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-18.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-19.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-20.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-21.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-22.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-23.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-24.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-25.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-26.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-27.jpg

taurus-1216-obb-e190-28.jpg

...see you soon with my next (steam :tongue: ) project!

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

Wow, that is a fantastic build, with so many details. LT12V, I must remind you that something like this simply is not physically possible to do (grin). Great work breaking the laws of physics! While the details of making the square bricks follow all the curves are impressive, the stickers definitely make it pop. And nice touch pulling a couple of 12v era cars in the photos.

Thanks Zephyr for your appreciated compliments :classic:

...about the rolling stock I've a lot of wagons from that era, it has been a forced choice :laugh:

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

...so here she is with the Italian livery that I find irresistible!

She's a beauty! But.... err.... Italian livery?

Isn't ÖBB? Österreichische Bundesbahnen?

This is absolutely awesome!!! It looks better than the real one. Excellent job with the stickers.

You're the man LT12V! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi Emanuele,

you make me speechless ............... what can I say / write,.................... very, very nice.

Best regards Udo

This is absolutely awesome!!! It looks better than the real one. Excellent job with the stickers.

You're the man LT12V! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I feel honored Monsinjor ...receive compliments by a master is always rewarding. :blush:

Thanks also to you Udo! :sweet:

As an Austrian who often takes the train and is used to seeing that engine I can only say that your replica of the real thing looks absolutely awesome! Especially the curved front/back sections (windscreens) are a real challenge for every LEGO builder, but you did them very well!

Very clever design! -And beautiful colour. (Must have been difficult!)

Especially the front arcs are pure genious!

If you will allow me a (hopefully) constructive critisism; I would mention the handrails at the doors; The light gray modified 1x1 tile with clip looks too big. Maybe there are some other parts which can hold the hand rails more... "discreetly"? -I would even resort to hold the 4L bar with only 1 clip, if nothing dark blue exist.

1x1 modified brick with clip. 1x1 modified plate with clip. (I know that 1x1 plates in dark blue exist in great numbers!)

ULLALLALLALLAHH!! What I'm admiring! Finally, the WORK is done! Congratulations, my friend! I like the colore scheme, certainly rare to see in reality. Good product, like ever. Perhaps, I distinguish Helos's design of the Taurus and this is The Credit. Also great job with stickers, I've to say it sincerely, although you know I'm not a genuine estimator of them, especially 'cause I'm not able to use them :sweet: ! I hope to see your engine soon running at an event, maybe toghether with mine! But now, you know :wink: , I have also to say something for your further suitable challange, I'm sure you'll appreciate: Hoexbroe said: " the handrails at the doors; The light gray modified 1x1 tile with clip looks too big. Maybe there are some other parts which can hold the hand rails more... "discreetly"? I think that, too. What about some Brick Modified 1x1x3 with 2 clips vertical (60583b) in Darkblue? I'm sure you will attempt this way.

However, great job, my friend! Thanks for sharing.

Wow thanks guys for your kind compliments and even more for your constructive criticism! :thumbup:

I did not know of the existence of the piece ref.60583b that is perfect (and cheap damn it! :wall: )

I will change the design :grin:

First your dream fleet of steam engines and now this extremely nice model

I like the nose and wheel sets with couplers - spot on!

Are you planning more modern engines?

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks harnbak ...my steam engine fleet will grow up soon (this week end I'll post a new MOC) but I have in mind to build also some modern trains ....so stay tuned! ;-)

Very well done! Lots of nice details, I love the power things on the top (I am obviously not a train guy) and of course the over all shape and design.

wonderfull :D this and the Railjet have eben the reason why I registered me at eurobricks

Have you also the red one?