Chas

LIC- Lego Instructions Creator

Hello everybody!

I'm so happy we have LiC.

However, I have some problem. When I create submodel from callout, and then save it, I cannot open that file. It stops loading around 66%.

Today, before closing down, I wanted to generate PDF or pictures - but it stopped in 2% for PDF and 5% in pictures.

Can you help me please?

edit:

I made same trick in LiC 0.6.0 and LiC 0.9 - when I make submodel from callout, it makes whatever mistake in the file and then I cannot open that file anymore...

edit2:

There is another bug:

when you make instruction and you have two steps on one page, you get black divider, a vertical or horizontal line. But that line dissapear when you close and reopen that project.

Lists of bugs:

1. submodel breaks file

2. divider line dissapear on close

3. when generation PDF, first one is ok, but the second one (if you wanted to correct something, let's say divider that gone), second and all next are with light problem. You have to close and reopen (again loosing divider lines) and only first PDF is OK

4. rubbers - you get rubber in over 30 steps! and it is black. If you want yellow, you can do it, but then you have always black rubber in the project

Edited by ChrisMechanic
even more info

Due to the fact that LICreator have many internal issues and limitations, that comes from language and technology. Author abandoned this software.
But when something get down, then new adventure can start.

Has anyone else continued the use of this program? Like the flow as its the in between of BluePrint and LPub. I just have some questions about how to get it to make instructions that are print sized instead of 800px x 600px. 

Of curse you can do this. Just in Tree view right-click on first node with word Template. From popup menu select Change Page Size and Resolution. Keep in mind that the Rescale all Page Elements option may not work properly.

You can save settings with File => Save Template As... for future use.

Edited by Jarema

On 2/4/2018 at 4:07 AM, Jarema said:

Of curse you can do this. Just in Tree view right-click on first node with word Template. From popup menu select Change Page Size and Resolution. Keep in mind that the Rescale all Page Elements option may not work properly.

You can save settings with File => Save Template As... for future use.

That is what I found but then if I scale up the parts to make them readable at say 300dpi, all of the bounding boxes are not correct and there doesnt seem to be a way to correct this. 

Stumbled on this program and wish it was still being worked on. Found the developer on github and looks like it is dead. 

https://github.com/remig/lic "this project is no longer maintained."

States there is a new web form of the software: http://bugeyedmonkeys.com/alpha/web_lic/

But I cannot get even the built in models to load on any browser. Goes to 100% but does nothing after that. The page won't even load in IE, but that is okay as I use Chrome. I am having the same issues in chrome and firefox. Looked promising. Hope they work out the bugs and give us a little more explanation on how to use the webpage as well.