technic70s

4432 Garbage Truck Extended

I present to you my MOD of the 4432 Garbage Truck, we call them Rubbish Trucks in Austrilia.

I used two sets to extent the body and added a second set of wheels at the rear for extra heavy duty

rubbish collection.

More images at my Flicker http://www.flickr.co...tos/technic70s/

post-53108-0-66702600-1398404627_thumb.jpg

I don't think it is realistic this way. If you want to extend the length you need to make it wider too.

As soon as I fininshed mine, I was like "It needs two sets of wheels in the back!" I like how this turned out, but may I make a suggestion? Tile the top of the studded back. The that whole thing will looks super smooth!

As this is the real life version, the two axles in the back are quite right:

25194009.jpg

But the end result in the startpost is a bit too long too my liking. But I think that this is down to a difference in continents: over there in AUS (and the USA) you're used to big rigs. Over here everything is a bit more "cramped" and such a long vehicle would only be seen in a more industrial setting, not in towns. And the trucks for industrial settings rarely use this Econic-cab, they'd use a more regular cab.

Thanks for the feed back.

I have tiled the roof, I think it looks better, just need to BL a plate - light bright green plate 2x6 to replace the white one under the 2nd set of hazard lights.

The first MOD idea was to build it only using the parts in two sets, no extras from the parts bins.

14062421593_22312387fa_c.jpg