B Rick

[MOC] ZUUL Ghostbusters hellhound.

THERE IS NO DANA, ONLY ZUUL!

ghostbusters_zuul_1.jpg

Presenting to you just a 'quicky'. Zuul, the hellhound from 80's movie Ghostbusters. Yes, I'm a bit of a GB-coattailrider here but it happens that GB belongs to my top 10 best 80's movie-list. :) I was inspired by masterbuilders Wet Wired and Sergio and their awesome Ghostbusters-builds but couldn't wait for them to build Zuul (let alone wait for THE Ecto1 to hit the stores...) so I build my own in the bricks that I have. Grey. Ofcourse it (probably) should be in a nice earth and olive green right...? Well, the Gargoyl out of what this beast emerged is grey, so I'm kinda safe... What else is there to say... Oh yeah, I used the newish Chima Legend beasts build-methods with the balljoints, and really made it my own. That was a fun challenge! :)

Enjoy!

ghostbusters_zuul_2_b.jpg

Next to the GB-minifig and my Ecto1 it is kinda huge. A bit larger than the extralarge dog from the movies, but ofcourse Lego is a material of compromises.

ghostbusters_zuul_3.jpg

ghostbusters_zuul_4.jpg

I agree that the body could use a little bit more mass...

It'll just has to do, for now...

ghostbusters_zuul_5.jpg

Run little GB, Run like the wind! ...and try not to cross your beams...

(my Ecto1 can be found here...)

Thanks Xcod. When I first saw that scene I thought it was pretty scary. Ah, those childhood memories...

Edited by B Rick

this hellhound is a good reason to buy a few chima legend beasts. It works great!

Mixels also have them.

Thanks!

I suggets getting some of both. I find the Chima sets truly amazing in capturing an animal-like build with just a few bricks. Just don't use the stickers and the minifig seating. Try getting them when on sale like I did. (12,- euros for two when you buy two. ) Indeed, those balljoints are very usefull and also come in cheaper mixel sets. Wanting to get some of those but I went past my Lego-budget more then you can poke a stick at...

I like the hellhound, his face and posture are very faithful to the actual monster from the movie. And, yes the car is also awsome. :laugh:

I like the hellhound, his face and posture are very faithful to the actual monster from the movie. And, yes the car is also awsome. :laugh:

Thanks Only Sinner! It just seemed like a natural thing to do with these balljoints I got with all the chima beasts.

That is freakin' awesome and actually downright scary. *oh2*

When I first saw that scene I thought it was pretty scary. Ah, those childhood memories...

I have no problem admitting that the thought of being chased by those Terror Dogs still scare me on a dark night.

That is freakin' awesome and actually downright scary. *oh2*

I have no problem admitting that the thought of being chased by those Terror Dogs still scare me on a dark night.

You too, huh....

Great job on this! I like the way you made the eyes. Keep up the great work! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks Lazy Chicken!

I think i picked this eye-method on these pages here long before I came an active afol, so credits don't belong to me entirely... ;)

Very faithful to the source material, and it's great how poseable it is. I especially like the construction of the jaws. I was also scared the first time I saw it as a kid, but nowadays I can't help thinking the "fridge Zuul" scene especially is just funny and corny. Your Zuul manages to look scarier than the original!

Very faithful to the source material, and it's great how poseable it is. I especially like the construction of the jaws. I was also scared the first time I saw it as a kid, but nowadays I can't help thinking the "fridge Zuul" scene especially is just funny and corny. Your Zuul manages to look scarier than the original!

Looks really great. You should summit it to Lego Ideas.

Thanks you two!

Gee, never considdered this one to become a Lego-ideas project... Maybe it's because I'm not 99% sattisfied with it. Yet. The body is too small and the jaw-construction which looks quite the part isn't sturdy(?) enough I guess. I really need to put some time into it to considder it a project worthy of Lego-ideas.

...in the meantime you can vote for my Batmobile though! Wink wink... ;) (see signature)

Edited by B Rick

Gracias my friend!

Seriously? Then, by popular demand, I'll try to improve on Zuul and put it on Lego-ideas, if I can find the time...