Hello guys

I'm a fan of 'The Lego Movie' and there is a gear used which doesn't exist!

It's a 56 or 60 Teeth Technic gear which is used for the big back wheel of Wildstyles Supercycle.

I bought the product and was very disappointed of the looking of it, so I rebuild the model and now it's a 1:1 copy of the movie version.

But still one brick is missing and it's the Technic gear.

Can some one help me or give me a tip for it?

13979534653_3d423f138f_c.jpg

14013389983_a2472bd103_c.jpg

13990234031_543535af10_o.jpg

Please answer me!

See you later,

Lego Freak

Edited by Lego-Freak_1996

your links are private ond not visible for us.

have you a picture of the gear do you want?

The official Lego movie set of the bike (70808) uses a 40 tooth gear: http://brickset.com/...per-Cycle-Chase and on Bricklink looks like the biggest gear you can get is the 40 tooth gear: http://www.bricklink...P&catString=136 You might have to custom make something, hope this helps.

Thank you,

I know that the biggest gear is a 40 tooth gear.

I called TLG after one week of searching this piece and said the same like you.

I'm searching for a costume gear. and hope someone helps me.

your links are private ond not visible for us.

have you a picture of the gear do you want?

Hi efferman,

I updated the pictures.

Hope that help you guys.

see you later,

Lego Freak

does the big turntable work for you? it has 56 teeth

Hi again,

Sorry but the turnable doesn't fit to the cycle.

I already bourght one on bricklink and after bilding it in I realise it doesen't fit.

The size is perfect but the bright is too big. :(

See you later,

Lego Freak

ok, i will make one. the same holes like on the pictures or make it so simple as possible?

ok, i will make one. the same holes like on the pictures or make it so simple as possible?

Really? :O

Thank you so much!!! :)

It would be very cool if it would be the same like the one on the pics and I could fix some other thing on,

But it depense on you what is easier for you.

Thank you so much. :purrr:

See you later,

Lego Freak

Would be interesting for someone to go through the LEGO Movie (and video game) and identify all the piece shapes that exist there but do not exist in actual ABS... :)

Would be interesting for someone to go through the LEGO Movie (and video game) and identify all the piece shapes that exist there but do not exist in actual ABS... :)

Yes indeed it is!

The reviews of 'The Lego Movie', here in Germany said: "All parts exists in real Lego bricks and every one can rebuild there own favorit scene form the movie!"

In my view they lied and TLG said there terrible sorry about that but some models of the movie are too big to make special parts for it!

I count 30 tread links on the first image posted, which would equate to 60 teeth on the gear.

I count 30 tread links on the first image posted, which would equate to 60 teeth on the gear.

Hey, yes the original gear got 60 teeth but this is a bit too big!

it looks like duplo gears and axles are compatible with lego technic, see here

http://www.marshall....goprojects.html

here is the duplo gears Duplo_dacta_parts.jpg

Yes I see. I never new that Duplo gears are compatible with Technic gears.

But it looks like the tread links can not be bound arount the gear.

The Duplo gears are much brigther than normal Technic gears.

Maybe it doesn't matter that much if the tread links are meshed with the gear you can use stickers or maybe some grey lego domes on each side of the gear , that should hide the color.

Maybe the chain links will fit over something like a gear , maybe the large lego pulley. the ground will drive the chain links anyhow when You move the model.

Just try putting links around wheels and pulleys, etc. wheels usually have a groove in the middle which the links wlll sit in.

Edited by SNIPE

Effe, looks very nice. However, how about increasing the usability by adding more 'equally spaced' pin holes around the circumference? The current lego parts assortment can do only 8 (i.e 45 degrees separation). I've struggled several times to have more parts/branches radially, as in a Ferris Wheel. If you can fit something like 16 holes aroud the circumference, this part will have many more uses ...

Nice, thank you. Now, one question: Are the teeth narow enough to be driven by a chain ... ie, same width as the old 8t gear?

this gear is exactly 3,7mm thick and the original gears which can be driven by a chain are 3,7mm too. at the most holes the gear is 4mm thick and at the center crossaxlehole is 7,8mm thick