LegoSjaak

Confirmed: 10242 Mini Cooper

Ironically the original minis did in fact have huge steering wheels!

DSCN0314.jpg

However the cooper varient that lego has copied would have had something smaller and more sporty!

milan - have you ever seen the VW Charlotte Beetle? Now that is the best car Lego ever made, it's big, and the details are way more amazing than the van or the new mini, that sad I would put the mini right in line with the VW van, a bit disappointed in the size, but will be on my shelf, I wonder if TLG will do a mini model like they did with the van.

I'm sold ... But then i used to own a mini. Shame its the more modern interior and not the original central dials.

so is this to the same scale as the vw bus?

looks like this summer is an expensive Lego time for me with the Volvo technic too!

...I wonder if TLG will do a mini model like they did with the van.

I have seen something at some place in Denmark (don't ask me where! :sadnew: ) so I think there will be one. Obviously in Dark Green and with White roof. :wink:

I love it! :wub: I wasn't sure about the suspected dark green colour, but it looks neat, and lovely. I'm more familiar with red or dark blue, however even in green the car has its special glow. The details are lovely, the ice skate as door handle, the picnic basket in the back, lights, etc. In addition, the shape is instantly recognizable, and it looks the Mini will shed some new building tricks. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

well it's a fine model of the Mini, that's for sure, I like the colors, picnic set and the wheels quite a lot. Still, I don't think I'll buy it though...

Love it! A day one-buy. Impressive design and a great suprise regarding the picnic-set and sparetire.

Well, I was hoping to finish buying all the 3-in-1 Creator things, and I've so far been avoiding the "expert" line because of a combination of stickers, no 3-in-1 fun, and a probably unfounded belief that models such as this are the beginning of the end for some of the huger multibuild sets that we've had in the past.

But I don't think I can resist this!

Does anyone know what significance the license plate number R682 AHS has?

This is all I can find without making an account somewhere or paying nearly £16 for the registration history, sorry. I would guess that designer Andy (or one his acquaintances) owned a real one with this registration :B

The lower half of the mini is done really well, with good attention to detail, until you get to the upper half where the pillars/windows/roof are. Then it simply looks like the upper half of a Land Rover Defender and to be honest, completely out of place on this model. I don't know why no one has pointed it out, especially those who have owned one. It feels like the designers have had so much motivation to design it until they got to that part, and then simply gave up and reverted to such a basic solution that would simply 'do'.

I love minis, and really wish they would have done the upper half better as that would have made it an instant buy for me...

I'm not sure the sticker count will be as high as people are expecting...

The gauges are a round tile that has long been an available printed part, the radio also looks to be a printed tile. The pinstripes are printed, as the designer made special note that it is the first time they've printed on that particular round part.

That leaves the 2 types of Mini logos, the 2 round tiles in the engine and the license plate as potential stickers.

The round tiles look exactly like the grates on top of the Millenium Falcon, which are stickers.

The round logos on the rear quarters look to be stickers on top of the printed pinstripes.

The mini logos front and rear look like stickers. One is on a curved part, the other is on a tile... At least the tile one will be an easy application.

The license plate in the pictures is a sticker on a tile. Even TLG applied this one crooked. :D

So 7 stickers? That's not all that bad, and TLG has surprised us before with having printed parts that were stickered in the official demo pictures, maybe we'll get lucky with a couple of them.

Edited by rollermonkey

The round tiles look exactly like the grates on top of the Millenium Falcon, which are stickers.

So 7 stickers? That's not all that bad, and TLG has surprised us before with having printed parts that were snickered in the official demo pictures, maybe we'll get lucky with a couple of them.

The 2 round tiles in the engine are printed I think. (See Bricklink)

But there are at least 4 more stickers at the A- and C-pillars to let the upper half look more angled than it actually is!

The overall shape was done wonderfully and there is a good amount of clever details and techniques crammed into that nice green vehicle. Looks like fun to build! :classic:

The picnic acessories are a nice touch, it's a fun detail that goes well with the Mini Cooper.

The 2 round tiles in the engine are printed I think. (See Bricklink)

But there are at least 4 more stickers at the A- and C-pillars to let the upper half look more angled than it actually is!

How very odd that the most recent (minifig scale) Falcon used stickers for those grates when the older ones used printed parts that aren't even discontinued!

Those other stickers are very subtle! I didn't even notice them.

I love the way this model looks. I was planning to get it later but now I think I'm going to get it as soon as it's out.

Yes...very cool set! Can't wait to build it! :classic:

The part list is hard to see - does someone have a better view of the inventory?

This set has totally gotten me! Will not give this set a miss. Certainly an iconic set worthy to build and keep. :wub:

A awesome set, not for my liking though, anyway what part/s are the doorhandles made of? I'm sure I've seen then before?

Thanks

Mark

A awesome set, not for my liking though, anyway what part/s are the doorhandles made of? I'm sure I've seen then before?

Thanks

Mark

Minifigures Ice Skates.

Another truly spectacular car from LEGO! I personally love the detailed-packed front. And the price wasn't bad either, actually. :classic:

I have seen something at some place in Denmark (don't ask me where! :sadnew: ) so I think there will be one. Obviously in Dark Green and with White roof. :wink:

I was just thinking about this, pondering how nice it would be to have another vintage mini car. That has a nice ring to it, "mini mini"... Hehe...