LegoSjaak

Confirmed: 10242 Mini Cooper

It is just a wonderful model!

Love all the little details (like the blanket) but I think it will be heavy on decals. :(

Nevertheless a day 1 pruchase for me.

I'm Really sorry but I love mini's but its just not doing any thing for me, maybe its the angle the picture was taken at, the video makes it look better, it does not look that much like a mini, it needs the seam lines down the sides the one in post number 5 is far better looking ( I know its much larger)

I love the VW's they look great but this not so much, I might buy one if they are discounted but I'm just not sure, would be cool to make the monte carlo winning one's based off this,

I like this set so much, I cant wait to purchase it .There are some mistakes likee too much big steering wheel, but I can handle it.

Edited by Ondra

Wow! This little beauty screams..."TAKE ME HOME!" And I will once it lands on our shore.

Of course you will build it with the wheel on the right side....it's English!

Reminds me of the one I drove around England in 1978 with my Mom screaming for her life as we came out of roundabouts not knowing which side of the road to drive on. It was a real driving adventure to say the least, but I even managed London on the left hand side of the street when I was not up on the sidewalk trying to figure out where to go. You learn quickly or you die! Several times a day we would stand next to the car and have a laughing attack because it was so tiny and so cute compared to the massive hearse-like Ford LTD's that Mom drove back home in Arizona.

This one looks like a real winner to me, and the dark green is just lovely. Bring her on, blokes!

Love it!

I know almost nothing about the car, but that model is sweet! :thumbup:

This is a totally awesome model! I took the liberty to convert the part list a bit more viewable. :)

post-17578-0-21598800-1401881821_thumb.jpg

To me from the box picture it is more like a Riley Elf. Shame they couldnt make 1x6 or 1x8 bricks again for this model. Still a cute little model though.

I must say the attention to detail on this is superb. My first car was a mini that was upgraded to almost cooper spec with the the twin carbs, the filters of which seem to be represented with the 2x2 round tiles with grille pattern.

As far as the subject matter goes, I'm really not that big a fan of the Mini-Cooper as, being nearly two meters tall, I find it easier to jump over one than fit inside one. Still, I will always think of a cool sequence from The Italian Job whenever I hear the name and I'm a movie buff, so that's a plus.

That said, I think it's a beautiful model and and TLG's decision to go with the dark green color scheme really closed the deal for me. I can't complain about the price point either. I can definitely see myself getting one of these for display and at least one spare just for the parts.

The ridiculous steering wheel is almost ruining it for me, an obvious MOD once I decide to get one.

Does anyone know what significance the license plate number R682 AHS has?

Wo. Wo. Wo. A definite buy!

The round design for the radio panel is missing?

Hm I saw the designer video and the steering wheel indeed is a major flaw in the inner design, but I think it can be modded easily.

The including of the storage for the spare wheel is a really nice surprise, it completes the model and was unexpected, there was nothing like this in any sets and it's a lovely touch :wub:

My first car... and quite simply the greatest car ever made. A design icon and pretty much perfect from day one.

This is getting bought! (although I'd kill for it to be in the same blue as mine!!) :)

This looks most excellent

I'm happy they are releasing it in dark green. I usually associate red as a typical Mini color, and would have expected it to be that. And 99$ isn't a bad price, I'd have thought it to be slightly more given licencing.

Also that picnic set is a fantastic and clever bonus. :thumbup:

I have no idea why, but I NEED this set. I'm not a Mini fan, but there's something about the colour, the shaping, the neat design touches... but this is just splendid. :wub:

Those wheels. I want it. NOW!

Seriously though, this is a tastefully done MINI.

Too bad it'll be EXPENSIVE here in the Philippines (if it ever comes).

too small, I wondered about the scale, had hoped for VW beetle scale, sadly they went VW van small, oh well, will be getting it, and yes more stickers! the logo on the front hood was obviously a sticker that stuck out in the video, I assume the back "mini cooper" rounds are stickers as well.

I agree on the steering wheel, you better not be a big person to fit in that seat and drive, overall a good set, but could have been so much more, now that it is official though, we know what that July VIP presale is for sure