LegoSjaak

Confirmed: 10242 Mini Cooper

There is a rumour on a dutch site about a mini.....a set like the Volkswagen Beetle and Volkswagen T1....http://LEGO 10242 - Mini Cooper MK VII It says: Een echte “blast from the past” mag je het noemen. De klassiek groen en witte MK VII heeft echte authentieke details. Witte zijspiegels, Race strips, herkenbaar dak en bagage ruimte. Zelfs de mistlampen ontbreken niet. Je kan het dak demonteren en dan zie je de het beige interieur met stuur, versnellingsbak en handrem. Als kers op de taart krijg je er ook een picnicmand en kleed bij. Perfect voor een dagje uit. It means: A real blast from the past, a classic green and white Mini Cooper VII has authentic details. White rear mirrors, race-striping, recognizable roof, and luggageroom.. Fog-lights included.... The roof can be opened and then you see the tan interior with steeringwheel, gearbox and handbrake. There is also a basket for picknick.... Perfect for a day out... well..lets see...

Now confirmed:

10242 MINI Cooper

Ages 16+. 1,077pieces.

Take this MINI Cooper for a nostalgic drive down memory lane!

US $99.99 - CA $119.99 - AU $149.99 - DE 89.99€ - UK £74.99 - DK 799.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Experience the iconic MINI Cooper first hand, with its classic lines, detailed interior and fun picnic theme.

Take the iconic MINI Cooper for a drive! This beautifully crafted LEGO® brick replica of the classic MINI Cooper Mk VII is full of authentic details, from the classic green and white color scheme with white wing mirrors and racing stripes, to the opening doors, hood and trunk, sporty fog lights, detailed engine and separate spare tire compartment. You can even remove the roof to access a tan colored interior with patterned seats, veneer-style dashboard, turning steering wheel, and moving gearshift and handbrake. And of course, no MINI Cooper would be complete without a picnic basket and blanket, the perfect accessories for a cozy day in the countryside!

· Features opening doors, hood and trunk, spare wheel in separate compartment, detailed engine and 2 fog lights.

· Accessories include a picnic basket, bottle and blanket for nostalgic picnic theme.

· Authentic replica of the MINI Cooper Mk VII.

· Classic green and white color theme with white wing mirrors and racing stripes.

· Lift the hood to reveal the detailed engine.

· Remove the roof and access the detailed interior.

· Go on a countryside picnic with this iconic classic!

· MINI Cooper measures over 4” (11cm) high, 9” (25cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning August 2014

14341012712_ca9bd060e5_o.jpg

Edited by Bonaparte

have been waiting for this one since rumors surfaced last year, wonder what the release date is on it though

Rumour? :-) I think that this set is confirmed about 99% .

I like this kind of "model team" lego exclusive vehicles.Camper van 10220 is set without any mistake.My favourite set of all time.

Mini cooper in size like beetle but with details like camper van.I think we will have huge seller... :-) .

P.s.:That rumoured colour combination sounds adorable .

Maybe it will be something like this one:

thumb640x360.jpg

I was really stunned when I first saw Steven Marshall's mini cooper years ago. Something like that will defiantly be an awesome set to keep in prime spot on a shelf next to VW Camper.

...no longer a rumour... this is a done deal/set... been confirmed by a store manager to be released this year...

Any idea when it will be released? I have heard May 15th VIP early purchase. Part of me things with the ecto-1 going on sale in June, that is going to be the VIP early release.

its funny because im dutch and i can read english i read this so easy

and its funny that a dutch A DUTCH website has info earlier than america or england every time i see this site i say to my self: the dutch know there lego

(sorry for grammar (look in first sentence))

it is not the May 15th early VIP release, that one is the Carnival mixer creator set for $150...I would guess the Mini would go for the same amount, but can't wait to pick that up, esp if it is like the pics above, green and white would be sweet, but agree, go the dark (hunter I think it is called) green

I have high hopes for this set. I hope it's going to be detailed similarly to VW Camper (10220) and Beetle (10187).

Rumoured price for Mini is 10242 Mini Cooper $99.95 acording to brickpicker.

Im not sure about that price, I think price is 99 euros not dollars like last volkswagen camper van set.

There's some info over at brickset, personally I'm not a big fan of the Mini Cooper but it looks like a great Lego model! :sweet:

10242_front_01.jpg

I really like the lines and curves on this one as well as the color. I'm not a HUGE fan of the car itself, but Lego makes it all the better. A hundred dollars? I'll most likely be picking this one up right away.

Agreed - it looks fantastic. I really, really like it. Will need to pick one up!

Nice. I always thought the Mini was a pretty neat little auto, and although it isn't exactly British Racing Green, it'll work.

:wub:

I like the car although I prefer the rear treatment on Stephen Marshall's model. I am absolutely loving this as a dark green parts pack. Must buy, maybe even 2.

Edited by robuko

The best one yet in the series......gee, I might even buy a set ! LOL

The detailing is perfect.....it totally looks like a mini !

That is really beautiful, since my childhood I love minis, they are compact and cute and this Lego version is perfect, I love the details and the color scheme, also the little picnic set. It's a must buy for me, and price-wise it's quite correct.

This model is really amazing! Normally I always wait until shops offer some discounts but this time I might buy the model as soon as it is available!

Here is the video: