The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

Ok, thanks. I have to create a new account since I forgot my old one.

Still no verification email. :sadnew: Maybe it's cause I use hotmail...

Edited by Floundie

I wasn't getting my confirmation email this morning so I contacted support and was sent the link in less than 15 minutes. Click the "help" link at the bottom of the page and then "Contact support" in the box on the right side of the page.

I wasn't getting my confirmation email this morning so I contacted support and was sent the link in less than 15 minutes. Click the "help" link at the bottom of the page and then "Contact support" in the box on the right side of the page.

Glad to hear that worked, I did the same thing but I haven't gotten a response yet. (Which is understandable)

Whew, I'm not the only one, I haven't gotten my confirmation mail either.

Btw, my project is on the homepage, how awesome is that! :grin: .

Congrats!

I noticed! Your Flying Dutchman ship has a very nice build. Congrats!

I just asked for help via the website and got a confirmation link sent to me in only an hour! They are aware of the issue and are actively trying to fix the account migration bug. It's amazing how good LEGO customer service is, even on a "fringe" project like CUUSOO er, um I mean IDEAS.

Sebeus, congrats on the front page! That is one heck of a ship.

I finally got my account set up. When I clicked log in it took me directly to the page to merge my cuusoo account with my lego id.

Very awesome! It looks great, and got my vote because it was on the front page.

Finally I found my old account. So I'm all good and ready to go! Congrats Sebeus, looks awesome!

I'm not really convinced of the new site design... A lot of space is used up on the front page for projects in review - although nothing can be done about them anyway. Then there is a very small selection of staff picks and a not much bigger selection of successful projects. No obvious possibility to go through all the projects like it was with the old "more..." button. Yes, you can "discover" - but it seems a bit hidden and a lot of space is wasted in the list view so you don't see a lot of projects without much clicking and scrolling.

It would be great to have a random project list on the frontside or a big mosaic with lots of small pictures which would give you a quick overview! I fear that lots of good projects won't be found with a site design like it is now.

I finally received my confirmation email, but only by requesting it again. Sadly my old CUUSOO account details didn't come across.

Does this mean I can vote for my favourite ideas again?

Looks like I'm lucky enough to regain my account. Well hope that it's not leading people to gain new accounts to make fake votes.

There are some interesting changes in the homepage, but I guess I'm not happy with replacing the most supported column. Some of the top ones are not "the most popular this week", and it doesn't help the new rule that projects must achieve their goal since "popular ones" would achive faster than "most supported ones".

Oh, and they dare to use the "Clutch Power". A good word to promote Lego Ideas! :devil:

Edited by Dorayaki

I really didn't care about keeping my account. I saw no purpose so I skipped the step and just use my lego.com one.

Does anyone know what kind of secret formula creates the "Projects of Interest" box on the home page? It only appears after you log in, so I have to assume that it is based on your own personal data somehow. It also seems to be the main factor that drives the "Recommended For Me" suggestions in the search filters.

My "Projects of Interest" box is showing me five projects right now, all by GlenBricker and DarthKy, (The Guild, Lady Sabre, Doctor Who, Legend of Korra, and Wayne Manor) perhaps because I have supported lots of their projects already. Is everyone getting those same exact recommendations, or different ones?

What sets are you all seeing in your "Projects of Interest" boxes? It's the first row of sets you see on the home page, if you are logged in. I'd say it is important, because if those are targeted to the user's tastes, and if they are shown first on the home page, then those will be the ones to get the most click-thru.

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

And what about sorting by "relevevance"? Relevant to what exactly, and I don;t understand what that is doing.

Does anyone know what kind of secret formula creates the "Projects of Interest" box on the home page? It only appears after you log in, so I have to assume that it is based on your own personal data somehow. It also seems to be the main factor that drives the "Recommended For Me" suggestions in the search filters.

My "Projects of Interest" box is showing me five projects right now, all by GlenBricker and DarthKy, (The Guild, Lady Sabre, Doctor Who, Legend of Korra, and Wayne Manor) perhaps because I have supported lots of their projects already. Is everyone getting those same exact recommendations, or different ones?

What sets are you all seeing in your "Projects of Interest" boxes? It's the first row of sets you see on the home page, if you are logged in. I'd say it is important, because if those are targeted to the user's tastes, and if they are shown first on the home page, then those will be the ones to get the most click-thru.

Mine's actually not showing "Projects of Interest" on my home page at all. Rather, I have the black bar across the top of the page with the LEGO Ideas logo, the search box and my login, then the band of options (Discover, Submit, Community, etc.), and then the blue box with all the basics ("Have an idea for a LEGO set?", etc.), and then immediately below that are "Staff Picks" (currently: Cadillac 1959, Flying Dutchman, Honda CBRrr REPSOL version), and below that, "Popular this week", then "Projects in review", and then finally "Products for Sale".

This is on an iPad mini, mind you. I suspect there are different versions of the site shown on different sorts of devices. I shall have to check out the site on a PC to see how it looks to me that way.

With the launch of LEGO Ideas and deadlines being added, AFOLs will need to band together if we want to be able to get more out of the site other than licensed projects. That is why I'd like to ask you to support projects like these below. They may not be the best or most complex builds, but the proposals are solid and there are no obvious barriers to them becoming an official set. With no licensing, it being a reasonable size, no conflicts with LEGO's values, or any other dillemas, I see no reason these projects will not be able to pass review and become an official product unless the LEGO community continues to be apathetic to these projects. The biggest problem with these projects is they have not received enough support from the community and it makes it difficult for LEGO to create a business case for them. Please consider supporting them.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7694

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/31711

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/17901

Edited by reptiman

And what about sorting by "relevance"? Relevant to what exactly, and I don't understand what that is doing.

Mine's actually not showing "Projects of Interest" on my home page at all. Rather, I have the black bar across the top of the page with the LEGO Ideas logo, the search box and my login, then the band of options (Discover, Submit, Community, etc.), and then the blue box with all the basics ("Have an idea for a LEGO set?", etc.), and then immediately below that are "Staff Picks" (currently: Cadillac 1959, Flying Dutchman, Honda CBRrr REPSOL version), and below that, "Popular this week", then "Projects in review", and then finally "Products for Sale".

This is on an iPad mini, mind you. I suspect there are different versions of the site shown on different sorts of devices. I shall have to check out the site on a PC to see how it looks to me that way.

Yes, "relevance" is a brand new metric, so maybe it will become clear as the site compiles more data on the connections between voters (?)

And try looking at the page on a full computer, and make sure you are logged in... Which projects appear under "Projects of Interest"?

I am wondering if they are the exact same for everyone, or if they are customized to be different for each person. That would be cool.

Please consider supporting them.

Thanks for drawing attention to these projects. I added support for two of the three to help out. I would like to see more recommendations from the community on projects they are rallying for, especially if it means giving attention to more obscure picks that I myself may have overlooked. I'm not sure, though, on where that could be done on the forum and how the mods feel about that as a practice.

You know what I miss from Cuusoo.....the scrolling down the side of activity going on every few seconds.....who's commenting on or supporting or updating one of the projects...unless I'm blind ? :sadnew:

You know what I miss from Cuusoo.....the scrolling down the side of activity going on every few seconds.....who's commenting on or supporting or updating one of the projects...unless I'm blind ? :sadnew:

Yeah, that "Right Now!" tab was so helpful and amazing. It no longer exists on the site, but I hope they add it again soon.

With the launch of LEGO Ideas and deadlines being added, AFOLs will need to band together if we want to be able to get more out of the site other than licensed projects. That is why I'd like to ask you to support projects like these below. They may not be the best or most complex builds, but the proposals are solid and there are no obvious barriers to them becoming an official set. With no licensing, it being a reasonable size, no conflicts with LEGO's values, or any other dillemas, I see no reason these projects will not be able to pass review and become an official product unless the LEGO community continues to be apathetic to these projects. The biggest problem with these projects is they have not received enough support from the community and it makes it difficult for LEGO to create a business case for them. Please consider supporting them.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/7694

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/31711

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/17901

I already support Galaxy Command and Dragon Slayers, but I added my vote to the Ambulance. These are some very nicely done projects, and I agree that they need all the help they can get!

I've also noticed you can not search by user name......like mine "lightning51", if you had a project designer you want to support some or all his or her projects it's not that easy....unless I'm blind ....again ? :blush: