The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

True. Yesterday we had Unikitty turn the detectives office into a tyre factory and then build a radio tower and bell to catch a their trying to hide and steak the tyres. It was fun.

I bet! :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y9AqDQGw-qI06jzBLWjIasAQajukI6P7o9McS-E5mHI/edit?usp=sharing

Hey guys, this is my LEGO Ideas project. It keeps being rejected for using non-lego elements and I've tried asking the mods where it is to no reply. I've tried removing a lot of illegal prints from the set. I would appreciate it a lot if some of you took a look to see if you could find anything else that could be mistaken or considered as non-LEGO. Thanks.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:17 AM, MatthewRC said:

I wonder if Naruto is still allowed on LEGO Ideas? I messaged @DadiTwins on Instagram and they said their project was denied due to a license conflict involving a Chinese competitor.

Thanks for that info! 

@BigA_7 Are these the images you sent, or an improved version already? I had a brief look, but other than custom prints (that should not be a problem) I really don't spot anything that doesn’t look like LEGO :def_shrug:

Edited by Exetrius

Maybe there is something in there that's an illegal build. Is it considered legal by LEGO to stick a regular brick onto a minifig torso the way its done in those photos?

Guys good news, it got approved!!! I will send it in a few days but I want to watch it grow on its own for a bit. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, especially with removing the printing on the doll and balloon. See you!

There was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory project on Ideas. It was doing well with over 6000 votes I think, and was close to the top on the homepage.

Just noticed it has vanished from Lego Ideas. Anyone know why? *oh2*

5 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

There was a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory project on Ideas. It was doing well with over 6000 votes I think, and was close to the top on the homepage.

403 Error

6 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Yeah, it pretty weird, but I guess it was made for a reason... 

On 2/10/2021 at 10:53 AM, adwind said:

Not a big deal to redesign it

Yeah, maybe.... The thing is, a violin has a very specific set of shapes and proportions, none of which are recreated quite correctly in the Ideas model. Honestly, it is pretty ugly to me. The piano set was also disproportionate, but pianos have much more variation in their shapes and proportions than violins do, so the piano set doesn't look quite so "wrong" to my eyes. A piano also has more flat surfaces than a violin does.

Granted, I have never bought an Ideas set of a household object, so maybe I'm not the target market.

Signed, a violinist :wink:.

On 2/15/2021 at 8:41 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Maybe because the account is inactive?

Anyway, if the project is in high demand it can be re-submitted and will reach 10k in no time.

15 hours ago, Man with beard said:

Yeah, maybe.... The thing is, a violin has a very specific set of shapes and proportions, none of which are recreated quite correctly in the Ideas model. Honestly, it is pretty ugly to me. The piano set was also disproportionate, but pianos have much more variation in their shapes and proportions than violins do, so the piano set doesn't look quite so "wrong" to my eyes. A piano also has more flat surfaces than a violin does.

Granted, I have never bought an Ideas set of a household object, so maybe I'm not the target market.

Signed, a violinist :wink:.

The target market is people who don't know what to buy for you for your birthday!

On 2/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, adwind said:

Not a big deal to redesign it

So it should not have been a big deal to get it right in the first place, although the designer said it was painstaking.

There is already 28 projects that achieved support which isn't too surprising considering the amount of builds there are on LEGO Ideas. It's fair to say all of these builds deserves to get 10k supporters, but it is questionable how much projects would have still made it to 10k if they were submitted at a different time...

On 2/17/2021 at 12:36 AM, Tube Map Central said:

The target market is people who don't know what to buy for you for your birthday!

You're probably correct. :laugh:

On 2/15/2021 at 2:41 PM, Bricked1980 said:

I think Lego Ideas is becoming more strict with the submissions. They also removed the Orient Express with over 3k supporters yesterday because of the amount of bricks. So they might be reviewing now all ideas that are becoming popular looking for issues with licensing, bricks and so.

To expunge a popular design without trace or explanation is very Orwellian.

Everything in awesome unless it violates TLG policy, then it must be eliminated.

Edited by Tube Map Central
With added irony

I saw that they removed that one! It made me sad, I said if my version never made it at least someone else's version might! Did it have more than 3k pieces then? 

Edited by Elysiumfountain

31 minutes ago, Elysiumfountain said:

Did it have more than 3k pieces then? 

It had 2,031 pieces to be exact. :cry_sad: I don't think the project itself violated the rules (otherwise it wouldn't even be approved in the first place)...

At least the account is active now, so let's see if the project can be re-submitted...

@JintaiZ How strange. I wouldn't imagine it violating any rules either. Even when projects are similar to what LEGO has in the pipeline, they don't just disappear from the site. (I mean, except for the one or two that were employee submissions or something of that nature). 

1 minute ago, Elysiumfountain said:

@JintaiZ How strange. I wouldn't imagine it violating any rules either. Even when projects are similar to what LEGO has in the pipeline, they don't just disappear from the site. (I mean, except for the one or two that were employee submissions or something of that nature). 

You can still find the employee submissions using direct links, but this one disappeared completely...

I suppose that deleting a project happens too, but those usually take a couple days to accomplish, when I did it it took a week and a half for them to delete it. This one went rather suddenly, didn't it? 

15 minutes ago, Elysiumfountain said:

I suppose that deleting a project happens too, but those usually take a couple days to accomplish, when I did it it took a week and a half for them to delete it. This one went rather suddenly, didn't it? 

Maybe they were in the process of deleting it when the account was inactive...

I don't think moderators would remove something unless there's a clear violation of rules. There's probably something we just don't see or know, maybe the number of pieces wasn't the issue