The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

15 hours ago, Jdrewg said:

Hello folks! I looked and did not find anything similar (analog) before I designed and built this. I would love feedback and your vote if you think it's worthy. :)

All the best!  

webp

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/50976c80-0e52-44bf-8dc6-776d7f2b7354

Would be cool if the lights go brighter when the levers are pushed higher and if the knobs can turn.

And if the head piece would keep being curved.

Edited by BrickDesignerNL

On 10/29/2022 at 5:42 AM, BrickDesignerNL said:

Would be cool if the lights go brighter when the levers are pushed higher and if the knobs can turn.

And if the head piece would keep being curved.

Lights would be cool, as well as some action, but right now the moveable faders are it.  

1 hour ago, Jdrewg said:

Lights would be cool, as well as some action, but right now the moveable faders are it.  

The big knobs fit on a https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=27448&idColor=11#T=C&C=11 or a

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3680&idColor=86 and https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3679&idColor=86

so they can be turned like knobs.

The 1x1 round bricks can turn on a pin without friction.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:02 PM, BrickDesignerNL said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I had ordered a couple of those plate but did not realize they could be used for that. I'll have to check out color availability. And get my mixer back from the Bricks & Minifigs store where it is currently displayed.

If I had to choose, I would like Mega Blocks to run the license - good sets for little money, why not? :-)

Anyway, at this point I would get LoZ Sets from any manufactory, I`m waiting for more than 20 years now...

15 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Bad news for those who tried to make LEGO Zelda happen via LEGO Ideas.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-bans-the-legend-of-zelda-on-lego-ideas/

This either means LEGO might have already gotten the Legend of Zelda license or a competitor (like Mega) has beaten them to it. Hoping for the former.

I have a feeling it's the former, if only because I don't know why Lego would be privy to a deal with Mattel/Mega before any such partnership was public. Up until now the only times a property has gotten barred from Ideas, it has been because of an ongoing license with another company or for reasons of brand fit. And it'd make sense for Lego to be pursuing a Zelda license on their own terms now, with Tears of the Kingdom on its way next year.

I can see 3 reasons why LEGO would ban Zelda from Ideas:

1.They have been told by Nintendo that Nintendo wont give them a license for whatever reason (or wont give them a license on terms LEGO is OK with)

or 2.They are making (or intend to make) their own Zelda products

On 11/8/2022 at 11:53 PM, jonwil said:

I can see 3 reasons why LEGO would ban Zelda from Ideas:

1.They have been told by Nintendo that Nintendo wont give them a license for whatever reason (or wont give them a license on terms LEGO is OK with)

or 2.They are making (or intend to make) their own Zelda products

And…? Where is a third reason?

Oops,i didn’t see Roebuck’s response. 

On 11/9/2022 at 8:12 AM, Roebuck said:

What is the 3 one :tongue:

3. The ideas submissions look too close to the original license that the license owner requires them to be taken down or to pay a certain fee.

1 hour ago, Crimson Pirate said:

I hope the designer will build it in real bricks, move it around a few times in his room and if needed will improve stability.

But it looks good!

My opinion is that they have removed too much of the charm that made the original good. Look at the fishing store, that had mostly muted colors (except in things like the equipment) and managed to retain a bunch of the "its old and shows it" feeling. The original submission for the a-frame cabin tried to capture that same "its old and shows it" feeling but the final product doesn't really capture that. The green parts around the base for example should have been a more muted color like olive green or dark green to make it feel more like "cabin in the woods" rather than "cabin at some manicured camp site" (I can see why they changed the trees though, the original trees would have required far too many parts)

Looks A-mazing to me! :tongue: However, are we getting the other 25 letters of the alphabet in cabin form as well? :grin:

16 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Looks A-mazing to me! :tongue: However, are we getting the other 25 letters of the alphabet in cabin form as well? :grin:

What letter would be your preference? Or do you prefer a certain 'number' instead? ;-)

The set looks pretty good :thumbup::thumbup:

On the other hand, the minifigures just look like some standard city figs :thumbdown:

Any idea about the price of the set?

38 minutes ago, BrickDesignerNL said:

What letter would be your preference? Or do you prefer a certain 'number' instead? ;-)

All the letters!

I really like it, but I'd love them to have some sets with bulkier trees and not these very straggly ones. The Ideas treehouse suffered from the same problem in my opinion. I will definitely get it though.

And, is that a red colour for 32607 (stud with three leaves)?!?! I've been waiting so long for that! And olive green too? Woo hoo!

Sand green leaves, red bird, red small leaves piece, new otter, canoe, printed butterflies… yes please. Its a pitty it has open back, and I am curious about the interior and accesibility, but its my day 1 purchase. This along with the Hovus Pocus cottage and Viking Village will be my must have picks. :)

Edited by Blazej_Holen

2 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Its a potty it has open back, and I am curious about the interior and accesibility

It's not got an open back. The roof parts (sides) can be removed, and the top floor as well, so accessibility is quite good I would imagine.

Picture from Brickset:

21338_alt2.jpg

Edited by jfbat

Nice! In the leaked picture there was visible background through the front cabin window and hence the original was also opened on the back, I thought that they maintained the idea... This is even better, and looking on all of those details that designers put in, its a level Old Fishing Store for me. The trees are a little bit bland, but I never expected that Lego will recreate the original design as it was... I am really pleased. What a nice-looking set with so much nature and forest vibe in it. Definitely must buy. 

I like it a lot. For those who think it doesn't look as good as the original fan design - it's true, but in the fan design, he had some of the wooden plank pieces not pushed all the way down to create texture. Lego can't do that in their official models as they shown them (because it's illegal), but you can still build them with plank pieces slightly loose to create the texture of the original one