The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

21 hours ago, woodford86 said:

Doesn't IP refer to a companies own internally developed intellectual property, i.e. Ninjago, Nexo, Rock Raiders, Black Falcons etc? AKA IP and Licensed are perfect opposites?

Not an accusation, that's just how I've always used/understood it but now I'm second guessing myself...

IP just means intellectual property. Non-licensed sets like Ninjago or Bionicle are Lego's own IP, wholly owned by The Lego Group, whereas licensed sets like The Office or Star Wars are another company's IP licensed to Lego.

On 7/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, Captain Mutant said:

Hello

I have a LEGO Ideas sci-fi project I just submitted I'd like to bring your attention to. Is this the right thread to do so?

Hello

To promote an IDEAS set here on EB you have to open a thread for it. In this case the SciFi forum would be the placw to open it. 

Just remember to focus the post for the project as a MOC with pictures and such, and then the link to IDEAS. (Dont open the thread just to post the link. Its against the rules, as far as I can remember)

On 7/21/2022 at 8:57 PM, Robert8 said:

Hello

To promote an IDEAS set here on EB you have to open a thread for it. In this case the SciFi forum would be the placw to open it. 

Just remember to focus the post for the project as a MOC with pictures and such, and then the link to IDEAS. (Dont open the thread just to post the link. Its against the rules, as far as I can remember)

thank you for the good advice 🙂 

On 6/23/2022 at 12:52 PM, MontyMatte said:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce LEGOIdeas moc here too.
It's about Willow movie from 1988 and includes the battle scene of castle Tir Asleen.

Supporters are welcome: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2083518f-81ae-404c-8819-8126c5ad7868

And to discuss and for further information pls visit:

webp

webp

4k supports on LEGOIdeas done. 🙂

Thank you too, dear Eurobrick community 👍

https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:2083518f81ae404c88198126c5ad7868

I'm really curious when we can expect Ray the Castaway as a GWP. It feels like the contest was ages ago.

I had expected the set would to be a summer release, because of the theme. Could it be accompanying the release of LEGO Ideas Motorized Lighthouse?

Surprised no one’s mentioned the leaked lighthouse pic yet.

Not sure if it’s just the pic but the colours look a little muted, if indeed there is any colour left. I think there’s a bit of red on the entrance roof.

Is the light manually operated? There’s no mention of motorisation on the back up of the box, which I did think was the appeal of the initial design.

I’ll still end up getting it, and I’m glad it’s minifig scale.

Edited by ChrisW

51 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

... I’m glad it’s minifig scale.

Me too!

I'm eager to see some better pictures, as the leaked photo leaves me a bit underwhelmed. Personally I was hoping for a more colorful lighthouse, like a red striped one, it would also look more like a LEGO toy. As always the black box doesn't really help make it a flattering display.

I'll probably end up getting one to accompany the Old Fishing Store, but it's rumoured to be expensive.

4 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Me too!

I'm eager to see some better pictures, as the leaked photo leaves me a bit underwhelmed. Personally I was hoping for a more colorful lighthouse, like a red striped one, it would also look more like a LEGO toy. As always the black box doesn't really help make it a flattering display.

I'll probably end up getting one to accompany the Old Fishing Store, but it's rumoured to be expensive.

If that’s 300 euro, it can be powered by a micro cold fusion cell and I’ll still pass. Insane price.

The OFS in my house is sat alongside the HS lighthouse (which this just looks like a bigger more boring version of). Sure at almost equal heights, it’s out of scale but still looks great, especially adorned with various suitable minifigs. 

Honestly I’ve better uses (Knights’ Castle) for 300+ notes than this IDEAS set, motorised or not.

Oh and just as a comparison, this new lighthouse if the price rumour is true, works out at almost double the OFS price for an almost identical part number. Just let that sink in…

Edited by Lucarex

Pros and cons so far:

+ its minifigs scale

+ ladder for minifigs to climb a top

+ dark blue 32x32 baseplate

+ white boat

+ perfect companion to the Old Fishing store set

- probably too many BURPS and LURPS representing the rocks

- price (is this really USD 299???)

- no motorization? 

I really really like this set, and much better than the original design. I also like the dark and mature look of it (rather than being colourful with playfeatures). I really like that Lego makes more and more sets aimed at adults. 

I find it hard to believe that the set costs € 300 without including motorization and a light source… but I do think this set is amazing and will buy it anyway. 

14 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

I find it hard to believe that the set costs € 300 without including motorization and a light source… but I do think this set is amazing and will buy it anyway. 

That's why it costs € 300 without including motorization and a light source... (enough) people will buy it anyway.

Edited by Erik Leppen

As with all of these things, when the official images release it will probably look better, but right now, it feels like it's lost a bit of drama from the original. The rocky base is less prominent, the tower is too short. The colour doesn't stand out. The scaling comes from making it minifigure compatible, even though the total height is probably about the same between the original and this one. It's just that the proportions feel very different now. The colour surprises me though, as they normally like to make things more colourful, not less.

Looking forward to the reveal though. As I said, official images always bring out more than a blurry leaked one.

The Viking Village won the Target exclusive vote

• Viking Village - 16,317
  • Working Mini Golf Course - Fully Playable - 11,575
  • Marine Life - 6,732

The more I see it the more I like it! Except the rock formation, I think the BURPs stick out too much and it looks kind of all over the place. That is easily modifiable though.

Do you think there's any way to make the top light of the lighthouse warmer? I'm assuming those garage panels don't come in trans orange like that light in the house. 

1 hour ago, Modal said:

The more I see it the more I like it! Except the rock formation, I think the BURPs stick out too much and it looks kind of all over the place. That is easily modifiable though.

Do you think there's any way to make the top light of the lighthouse warmer? I'm assuming those garage panels don't come in trans orange like that light in the house. 

It looks to me like the actual light element it uses is probably the Powered Up light pieces also used for things like trains. I can't quite tell how they attach or how much space they leave, but if there's room you might be able to insert a colored 1x1 round tile between the light element and the rotating reflector/lens to change the color of the light output.

Edited by Lyichir

This lighthouse looks fantastic! BURPs don’t bother me at all. 

I think I will buy and build it so it will keep remdining me of “Shining Beacon of Hope” whenever I see it. :)

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

It looks to me like the actual light element it uses is probably the Powered Up light pieces also used for things like trains. I can't quite tell how they attach or how much space they leave, but if there's room you might be able to insert a colored 1x1 round tile between the light element and the rotating reflector/lens to change the color of the light output.

Looking at this photo

https://ideascdn.lego.com/media/generate/public/lego_ci/b71b2b86-c342-4ec4-835c-98d13c19c2b3/resize:2000:1333/legacy

It looks like there is a mirror under a 45 degree angle behind the fresnel lens.

So the led simply shines up from within the tower. In this way you don't have challenges like rotating kabels etc.

Edited by BrickDesignerNL

45 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I think it might very well use 2 lights. To power that light. Atleast I do see 2 lightsources in https://ideascdn.lego.com/media/generate/public/lego_ci/24ef2a8b-0468-4a00-be79-1e1b92c52adf/resize:1600:900/legacy

What is the bricklink number of that light?

Same photo, has the technic axle connector showing, for turning the fresnel lens around.

I do like how 21335 looks.

I think it's 22168c01 - Light Unit Powered Up Attachment

In the LEGO Masters series in NL/BE the LEGO Designer expressed a few times - even in less subtile ways - that he was eager for designs that would bring this LED-attachment as a real added value to a set.

Since the price for 'just two LEDs' and a battery box are close to €40,- (excl. batteries) it's a very hard part to sell/to include in a set.

For example compare it to a bike LED front light, in NL that's about €0,99 including 5 white bright LEDs, batteries and it's rain and fall proof.

One is used for the lights is used for the stove.

By the way it should be place next to a 10268 Vestas Wind Turbine, since typically both are near the coast line.

Edited by BrickDesignerNL

I enjoyed Tiago's review. This week I'm on holiday in Maine, very close to Portland. I'm sure there are lots of similar lighthouses all over, but I can't help but think that the Portland Head Lighthouse was a serious inspiration for the final model. I think the fan designer said that a lot of the lighthouses around here inspired the original.

5677451_orig.jpg