The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can’t recall how many projects based on The Office reached 10k (4 or 5?), but three of them were by the same fan designer, whose latest version ended up being the one that was picked this time. Sure, it must suck for the other fan(s), but such dedication simply must be rewarded :laugh:

Yeah, the same person got it to 10K three times!

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I can’t recall how many projects based on The Office reached 10k (4 or 5?), but three of them were by the same fan designer, whose latest version ended up being the one that was picked this time. Sure, it must suck for the other fan(s), but such dedication simply must be rewarded :laugh:

Ah okay hadn’t realised.  Makes sense though.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

Yeah, the same person got it to 10K three times!

So now since 2 sets that previously was not picked are chosen, ideas well be run over by older sets that already made it to 10 000 once :hmpf_bad:

19 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

So now since 2 sets that previously was not picked are chosen, ideas well be run over by older sets that already made it to 10 000 once :hmpf_bad:

I'm not sure this is going to be an issue, though. Nobody's forced to vote on a set - if something's consistently being resubmitted AND getting 10k votes, that's a pretty strong signal to Lego that it's an idea that the public wants. If someone spams an idea that the public doesn't want, it won't reach 10k votes.

I bet everyone here has at least one set which never passed the reivew that they'd love to see, and imo it's good that those sets technically have a chance at coming back.

1 minute ago, BrickFunatic said:

I'm worried the Home Alone set won't have an interior. Shots have leaked and none show inside. :cry_sad:

So where do you think those 30-40 stickers are applied, the roof? :tongue:

That Home Alone set looks pretty good (after seeing details) , it's the last large house set since 4954 or 6754, and I think more then just Home Alone fans will be interested in it.

4954-1.jpg?2007062312466754-1.jpg?200905210338

Brickset just posted Reveal and it has full interior 23 pictures : 

https://brickset.com/sets/21330-1/Home-Alone

Edited by TeriXeri

I like they went overboard with the interior. But, eh.. that doesn't look too good. Just another set that fell short of the idea, I guess.

The Home Alone set is gorgeous! Can’t wait to get it and recreate the movie. Love the outside and inside. Very well made.

:wub:

I've just watched Tiago's video review and while the initial image didn't look great, after seeing it in a video and going through it all, I really like it. I can see the point about it looking messy, but then again, I can see this being exactly why it will be great to build and excellent to play with. My daughter is five and hasn't seen Home Alone yet. This will be an excellent Christmas for us all!

I really like it. It’s amazing how many details/play features and references they’ve managed to include. 

Ah ok so here is some discussion about the Home Alone set. I can't find other place in these forums that has any reviews/discussion about it. Am I not seeing the correct place? I see other Ideas sets scattered in other forum topics like Licensed, Special themes, etc. Does it just depend on the set itself where it fits best? Anyway, hoping to see a review from someone here soon. 

3 hours ago, JRBricks said:

Ah ok so here is some discussion about the Home Alone set. I can't find other place in these forums that has any reviews/discussion about it. Am I not seeing the correct place? I see other Ideas sets scattered in other forum topics like Licensed, Special themes, etc. Does it just depend on the set itself where it fits best? Anyway, hoping to see a review from someone here soon. 

Brickset has an in depth review of the set if you are interested.

I've been a bit busy, but god that Home Alone set is solid. They took a great concept model and made it way better, and I wish I had display space for something like that ^u^;; Absolutely up there with Barracuda Bay as the pinnacle of large play-focused Ideas sets, methinks.

The next round of the Bricklink Designer Program with Ideas submissions that didn't get approved are available to pre-order tomorrow.

Lots of pricey sets in this one and only 5/9 can hit the funding goal. Anyone want to guess which ones hit it first?

Edited by tomorrowboy

21 minutes ago, tomorrowboy said:

The next round of the Bricklink Designer Program with Ideas submissions that didn't get approved are available to pre-order tomorrow.

Lots of pricey sets in this one and only 5/9 can hit the funding goal. Anyone want to guess which ones hit it first?

There has been some discussion in a different thread.  https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/187093-bricklink-designer-program-2021-discussion-thread/

The prices of 4 upcoming Ideas sets have been leaked:

• 21333: $160
  • 21334: $100
  • 21335: $300
  • 21337: $350

I wonder which is which :classic: Again, quite massive prices, especially 21337

What sets are in the pipeline at present?
I can think of the Globe, and presumably one is the Sonic set?

So there's (in order of approval):

Earth Globe

Sonic & Starry Night

Lighthouse

Foosball Table

Office & Quartet

I think the globe and Sonic already have rumored set numbers, 21331 & 21332, which leaves 5 sets in the pipeline for four rumored prices. Could the Office be a full building in the Sesame Street style instead of a sitcom setup like the Friends apartments? I can see the Jazz Quartet be 350$ or 300$, due to the size of both the original project and of the buying power of its target audience.

19 minutes ago, Ajf350d said:

What sets are in the pipeline at present?

Globe, Sonic, Lighthouse, Vincent van Gogh, The Office, Foosball table, Jazz Quartet

Edited by mark1991t

Thanks both, I just couldn’t recall what they all were!

Just looking on the US site for comparisons, and even the piano is ‘only’ $350 so there must be something significant with a couple.

I could see them maybe also adding a ‘smart’ function in some to the Jazz one as per the piano.
Was the Lighthouse motorised as well in the original? That could add to the cost.
Would expect the Van Gogh one to be at the lower end, unless they have changed it significantly, or some serious license fees.

Guess we’ll see!

If they waste money putting stupid overpriced electrical crap in the Jazz set its going right off my wish list.

7 hours ago, Terrasher said:

I can see the Jazz Quartet be 350$ or 300$, due to the size of both the original project and of the buying power of its target audience.

As a musician: what? Most of us are flat broke and those that aren't switched career paths :)