The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:
How many BrickLink Designer sets will be produced?

This program will realize up to the first 15 projects that are successfully crowdfunded by the fans. Each designer set is a limited edition, and the quantity produced will be up to 5,000.

https://www.bricklink.com/r3/designer-program/support/main.page

Thx, so it means day 1 or nothing unless the price is to steep

Hello guys,

We are pleased to say that our build has been selected as finalist of the latest Lego Ideas constest, which will decide the next Lego purchase gift. Our entry is called "Ray the Castaway", and as the name indicates it is based on a deserted island. We have included a lot of elements and details to put Ray in different and funny situations in his deserted island. The next week, the entry with more votes will be officially the next Lego purchase gift, and it is up to the public to decide it with their votes.

Here is the link of our entry if you want to take a look:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/52673310-3aeb-400f-a313-11924fee54b7/application/3ff0bc1c-870a-4ebe-b583-7de5bf1e9282/

Best regards.

Edited by DadiTwins

Hi everyone, there are just a few hours left to cast your votes in the LEGO IDEAS "Do You Want To Go To The Seaside" contest. If you've not voted already I'd be very grateful if you could check out my entry and give it your vote if you like it. The model is called Seaside Memories and is inspired by my childhood trips to the seaside. :classic:

https://bit.ly/Legoseaside

51188709819_2d7943e678_z.jpg

It's relatively quiet here right now... so I'll ask something as well. :)

Any of you willing to support my LEGO Universe project? Just 3 days left, but support picked up again yesterday so now I'm past the 900 mark! :excited: Let's see if this baby can fly higher still :pir-huzzah2: Cheers! 

49725353751_63aeb35b4d_z.jpg

All in all, it had a great run. I learned a ton, and I even got mentioned in the credit roll of the original LEGO Universe soundtrack that LEGO Gaming released in February this year! :blush:

A few hours late but the first teaser for the typewriter is out:

Edited by Kaanere

Already 14 projects up for the next review period (6 September deadline) , with over 70 more projects over 5000.

Will it beat the 57 record, time will tell.

Results tomorrow! (25 entries of late 2020)

"The countdown to the Third 2020 LEGO Ideas review results announcement is underway as we will share the news tomorrow the 22nd June, 2021 at 3PM CEST (Danish time)!"

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/e84d969b-502e-438a-9b33-5d4dbbb81f45

I really hope at least one of those Viking Village or Classic Castle makes it into the selection.

Edited by TeriXeri

I'm not that excited about a lot of these again. I really hope we get the warship, the classic castle, or the Viking Village. I'm expecting the Boeing or one of the cars.

While I really like many of the ideas, I see only six as being even remotely possible, and from that they will probably choose one or two. Especially given their works in progress. I would be pleased to be wrong though. Looking forward to the announcement tomorrow.

Venice and Auto Union look like a million bucks, Colloseum and Art Musem are perfectly alligned with other Lego adult sets. Motorized Lighthouse is a half decent idea.

Why not have all the Castles in the same round and pick one or most likely none?

Nothing special about the GMC, but I dig it.

Viking Village would be fun.

The Colosseum is out for obvious reasons.

Same with the police station.

The Blacksmith Shop and the Creator Castle probably mean the castle wont get made. (i.e. they are already doing things that count as "castle")

The GMC probably wont get made since its from General Motors (a company LEGO has a relationship with already)

The Auto Union probably wont get made either since Volkswagen/Audi would own the rights (and LEGO has a relationship with Audi)

From the list I would be most interested in Spirited Away, Wallace & Grommit and maybe Avatar (the blue guys, not the other one)

Heres' my thoughts on each now that I found the time:

1. Boeing 737 Passenger Plane by BigPlanes-Customs - I feel like one of the most likely. TLG loves their domestic planes

2. Colosseum (Architecture Style) by SkyWalter - Why release this after they just released the massive version? 0% chance

3. Gravity Falls: The Mystery Shack by TopLego8 & Minibrick Productions - An old Disney show? This isn't even a classic show like Phineas and Ferb or Lizzie McGuire. 0% chance

4. Brick Town Police Station by Bricked1980 0% chance because LEGO released their own modular this year.

5. Bag End by saabfan Has a chance, but closer to 0. We had Bag End in the LOTR theme, but not in this detail. We have a better chance with Amazon's new series. Also this is just the storybook set with BagEnd. Well, not exactly, but it is too close.

6. Red Dwarf Starbug LEGO Idea by Bobs Vintage Bricks - This is not my type of builod, but I'd love it for how different it is.I expect nothing.

7. Avatar: The Last Airbender - YIP YIP! by StudioTRico - I would love this because LEGO's original Avatar line died after two sets. We needed more. And with a new live action film? Good chance.

8. Classic Castle by DERBOOR - I like it and will take any excuse for castle, bnut it's less Classic Castle and more "mish-mash."

9. Open MRI by Apollo Exconde - You gotta be kidding, right? How did this get 10k support?

10. Motorized Lighthouse by Roses Must Build - This is actually kinda cool. Not Old Fishing Store Cool, but still cool.

11. Avatar: The Illuminated World of Pandora by bulldoozer - A mostly forgotten IP that was only relevant years ago that nobody really cares about today? Yeah, it's dead.

12. Spirited Away by legotruman - Personally I hate this movie, but I understand why people love it. I can see it happening.

13. Jumanji of 1995 by NIKANA - Nah, people only know the recent version now

14 The Little Venice by Bricky_Brick - I want, but won't happen.

15. Auto Union Type C Racecar by redera00 - I expect this one.

16. Automated Garbage Truck by MochiMaster & Alexander Hamsterton - not my thing, but I expect it.

17. TX Master Games by TXMaster - are you kidding me? How did this get the support? This is stupid. Like seriously. This is not good. This is low level.

18. Milwaukee Art Museum by Vida András - I love the design, but architecture is it's own thing, but they should accept it.

19. The Car Wash by Bricky_Brick - meh

20. Wallace & Gromit by Tom Gerardin - meh

21. Among Us: The Skeld by MinifigInDisguise - a dying game

22. Roman Warship by Iyan Ha - I really want this, but I don't expect it.

23. The Addams Family Mystery Mansion by Disneybrick55 - we have enough ":haunted" things for now, which is why I expect them to pass.

24. GMC - Blue Chip 100 [1957] by Ing-Manuel - no clue

25. Viking Village by BrickHammer - I want, but don't expect.

1. Boeing 737 Passenger 10% some years since we got a big airplane other than in City :sceptic:

2. Colosseum 0% we just got one

3. Gravity Falls 1% has it not been rejected once before *huh*

4. Brick Town Police Station 0% we just got one and it is a modular

5. Bag End 5% a lot of Afols wants LOTR sets, but they sold poorly to kids last time and Lego will probably wait for the new series if they are willing to try again

6. Red Dwarf Starbug 2% I have not heard of it so I assume it is not a well known license, unless someone high up at Lego is a super fan it is not happing

7. Avatar: The Last Airbender 1% how many sets from that license have been turn down so far :hmpf:

8. Classic Castle 5% I feel Lego would rather make something themself and a lot of Castle sets have been turned down lately

9. Open MRI 2% am I missing something here :wacko: Unless TLG see some good PR move with this set is in not happening

10. Motorized Lighthouse 5% Lego can just make a lighthouse themself and have done it several times

11. Avatar: The Illuminated World of Pandora 3% maybe Lego will make something for the next film whenever that shows up, but hardly now

12. Spirited Away 12% Studio Ghibli make great children movies so would not be surprised if Lego wanted to work with them

13. Jumanji of 1995 5% Lego sometimes likes older movies..

14 The Little Venice 2% looks too much like a modular

15. Auto Union Type C Racecar 1% looks like an older ideas set

16. Automated Garbage Truck 15% Belongs in City, but is a easy choice to make and kids will buy it 

17. TX Master Games 2% another am I missing something set :wacko:

18. Milwaukee Art Museum 1% Lego can just make it themself in architecture

19. The Car Wash 0% another modular

20. Wallace & Gromit 15% looks great and in a child friendly licence TLG what so work with

21. Among Us: The Skeld 1% another game? Probably not

22. Roman Warship 2% would not mind a couple of more tigers, but do not think they will make it

23. The Addams Family Mystery Mansion 1% look like modular, the haunted house and is a licence, so do not think so :tongue:

24. GMC - Blue Chip 100 1% Lego make cars themself

25. Viking Village 8% the old viking sets are popular so give it a bigger chance then the castle

So after sharing out  100% I think Wallace & Gromit will be made, if they make a second set Automated Garbage Truck will make it, maybe Spirited Away  will they the first place if they rather wants to work with that licence :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

The Colosseum is out for obvious reasons.

The GMC probably wont get made since its from General Motors (a company LEGO has a relationship with already)

The Auto Union probably wont get made either since Volkswagen/Audi would own the rights (and LEGO has a relationship with Audi)

What are those? A ginormous Colosseum and a much smaller one would not be competing against each other. Because it belongs in architecture?

Why doesn't an existing relationship make something more likely, instead of less?

Edited by Merlo

LEGO is unlikely to make another Colosseum (at any size) while the big one is on the shelf.

And the rules for Ideas say that projects from IP that LEGO already is producing sets out of wont get made.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Gravity Falls 1% has it not been rejected once before

The first one was disqualified after hitting 10k but before the review stage started. I believe due to the designer being a LEGO employee or something.

Still a slim chance of being picked though :sceptic:

Hoping for Avatar: Pandora. 

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

6. Red Dwarf Starbug 2% I have not heard of it so I assume it is not a well known license, unless someone high up at Lego is a super fan it is not happing

Red Dwarf was in Lego Dimensions as a secret level ()https://reddwarf.fandom.com/wiki/LEGO_Dimensions

so they already (probably still) have the license. I hadn’t heard of it before Dimensions, but I’m pretty sure it’s still quite popular. 

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

13. Jumanji of 1995 by NIKANA - Nah, people only know the recent version now

Probably you are right but I respectfully disagree. I mean the Jumnaji board game is well-known in the original movie. And it made a brief appearance in Welcome to Jungle movie. And there are a few references/mentions in new movies from that original movies, such as Alan’s treehouse in Welcome to Jungle and Aunt Nora in Next Level.

and it has so many animals! It could be cool if Lego gives us some new animal molds that we haven’t gotten yet. 

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

LEGO is unlikely to make another Colosseum (at any size) while the big one is on the shelf

Agreed. But I don’t buy that massive Colosseum because it will consume space for my other displays. So no thanks. I prefer small-scaled Colosseum. I guess I will wait for Archiecture-style one. 

Another non-minifig scale Ideas set, unless they change it. It's a great lighthouse, but I wonder if they'll cut down the base and the tower, or make it much bigger to make it minifigure scale.

Um...what? It’s a clearly very technical design, congrats to the designer, but it’s just kind of, well, boring. :pir-sceptic:

The Lighthouse is an odd choice for me. Don't get me wrong - there's nothing wrong with the model.
Just... we had multiple lighthouses. Multiple Creator lighthouses, Friends lighthouses, horror lighthouses (in Scooby-Doo and Hidden Side) - but clearly people supported another lighthouse and Lego agrees and says there's market for one more.