The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

Or the whole cowboys VS Indians thing doesn't sit well with today's culture.

23 minutes ago, Merlo said:

Probably that since islanders is not an option either, however the native American sets did not have any cowboys or soldiers in them :def_shrug:

6 hours ago, Just_a_brick said:

I find it very odd that Western sub theme isn’t included in the poll.

I have a theory 

I think the reason for its absence is the fact that Brickwest studios ( project in upcoming results) was approved. The project wouldn’t be released until 2022 due to the enormous backlog we have. The 90th anniversary set is set to release next year and lego wouldn’t want the possibility of two sets competing. 

I’m probably wrong but there is nothing wrong with speculation.

Had the same thoughts actually. I was definitely hoping to see Western in the selection but also even before the poll I thought the Brickwest Studios has a good chance to be approved. 

So the blacksmith is out and just as I said before I'm happy I didn't judge the set with the leaked images only.

I would say official photos and designer's video made me like this set almost as much as like the Old Fishing Store while I felt nothing watching those leaked images... I really like how complete this set is - you have a nice story, the legacy, beautiful detailed 3 floors building and nice minifigs too. 

Well, it's a bit different from the original submission but I like that it's more colorful now and looks like an actual Lego set rather than a MOC. I'm pretty happy. 

I like it. The minifigures clinched the deal for me. Light brick sounds interesting, never had one of those.

But basically I'm just starved for Castle sets.

So now with a clear look; I am once again very disappointed. While it isn't terrible, it doesn't look nearly as interesting as the original submission. The roof also looks pretty bad.

But worst of all:

THERE IS NO GOAT!

Edited by Alegrispa

I really like it and might actually prefer it to the original submission. IMO, sets like that shouldn’t have too many fiddly details that don’t really add to the overall picture. There’s a balance to be struck and I think the Lego designers have gotten the balance right. I will definitely pick it up. Might be the only 2021 Ideas set I buy, honestly.

Do you guys know how to prevent high-res renders from turning blurry when uploaded to IDEAS? My images are 3000x2250 (ratio 4:3), png files. I tried reducing to about half the size, and to jpeg, but that didn't help. :sceptic:

Another technical question: how do you embed an image into the project description?

Btw, I could find neither of these things in the FAQ.

17 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Another technical question: how do you embed an image into the project description?

Actually I was looking for a way to do that too, since posting through flickr (same method as for posting on this forum) as someone here advised not so long ago didn't work for me...

13 projects have already reached the 10k.  This is getting seriously out of hand!  

Noticed a couple which have been rising pretty fast are the Polar Express and a new one from KevinTreeHouse.....

The castle that is around 5000 now is seriously amazing. Probably the best of all the castle entries of recent

Given that they have just done a Castle themed set (in the form of the Blacksmith Shop) I bet they will reject all the other Castle stuff for a while (just like Barracuda Bay probably means no Pirates stuff)

44 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Given that they have just done a Castle themed set (in the form of the Blacksmith Shop) I bet they will reject all the other Castle stuff for a while (just like Barracuda Bay probably means no Pirates stuff)

I hate that everyone is considering the blacksmith a substitute for Castle stuff. Like besides the fact that they are both buildings, there’s nothing remotely similar between a blacksmith house and a castle. I think it’s quite a slap in the face if LEGO thought one blacksmith set satiates the clamoring for a castle.

Edited by Modal

https://www.stonewars.net/lego-news/interim-results-of-the-lego-ideas-90th-anniversary-survey/

Looks like oddly Bioncle is in the lead with Classic Space and Pirates behind. Still never got the appeal of Bioncle myself so I hope that doesn’t end up winning. As for Pirates, we already got Barracuda Bay so I’m satisfied and with a Castle set coming, I’m already not all too interested in that either. Classic Space is meh for me as well. Fingers crossed for Adventurers to pull through, would love to see some Egyptian sets.

Edited by RODDY

On 1/18/2021 at 5:25 PM, Merlo said:

Lone Ranger ? 

Btw when is the Seinfeld set due for release???

In semi-related news, its seem we'll be getting another Friends sets which is kinda strange. 

39 minutes ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Btw when is the Seinfeld set due for release???

In semi-related news, its seem we'll be getting another Friends sets which is kinda strange. 

Seinfeld is a while away yet. Blacksmith shop is comming out soon then Winnie the Pooh after that.

Where did you hear the news about another Friends-the-TV-show set?

1 hour ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

A classic brick built set or? I can't imagine what they would make since Central Perk is the only recognizable part of the show. It would have to be something like brickheadz or a collage or smth.

1 hour ago, Merlo said:

A classic brick built set or? I can't imagine what they would make since Central Perk is the only recognizable part of the show. It would have to be something like brickheadz or a collage or smth.

Nice joke.

Regarding the topic, if that's true, it could be caused by great sales of the original set. Frankly I would be quite happy if they are going to release another set based on Friends.

Another Friends set would be great.  It has to be Monica's apartment.  There is two sets on Rebrickable.  A lego set would probably just include the main living area and kitchen, not the bedrooms.  The outside balcony would be a great addition as well.  And in the same TV stage style.   It could include so many easter eggs from the show as well.

Would like to see more mini-figures.  Jack and Judy Geller, Ben and Emma, Janice, Richard, and a Marcel figure.

If an Ideas set sells well, why don't Lego make more sets based on it?  The market is there for such sets.  Turn the Idea from one set into a new theme.  I think that a Friends Fan would love to more sets, maybe even sets of other apartments, Chalders,  Ross, and other scenes.

Edited by MartyMcFly

If the Seinfeld set (when it eventually comes out) is anywhere near as good as the Big Bang Theory set was, count me in, I LOVE Seinfeld :)

Another Friends-the-TV-show set on the other hand is good for my wallet since I can't stand that show :)