The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

Does anyone know why there isn't a blog saying that the results are due today?

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks!
That was a short notice, but for me it is 06:00AM today according to the link and that sounds unlikely since that was several hours ago.. I assume it is 1-2 hours :sceptic:

For me it's in 30 min... looks like something went wrong with scheduling but I'm assuming we're safe to say it's going to happen today anyway? 

3 minutes ago, adwind said:

For me it's in 30 min... looks like something went wrong with scheduling but I'm assuming we're safe to say it's going to happen today anyway? 

So now... it's 24 min for me!!!!!!

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Congrats @Bricked1980!!!

Well deserved!!!

10 hours ago, icm said:

Oh, ok ... In that case, well done to Bricked1980! Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't heard the news yet.

Thanks a lot guys. Really glad my police station project has made it to 10k and thanks a lot to everyone who voted.

So we'll get an Earth Globe and Stratocaster from music to our ears contest!

Also Sonic is still a possibility and they are still reviewing it. 

Only one made it!? Though I'm happy with the one it is :wink:

Best of luck @toastergrl!!!

Edited by JintaiZ

I’m a little disappointed that only one (or possibly two) ideas were approved from such a huge field, but the Earth globe is a fine choice if there’s to be just one. It’s different from what’s been done before, and should make an attractive display item.

The Music to Our Ears contest was great to see, and especially tough since no one submission could really represent the full breadth of human musical expression, but the Stratocaster comes about as close as any. I really liked a couple of the others, though, but the Strat will look great, I’m sure.

Two easy passes for me. I don't see the point of having all these everyday objects built from LEGO that aren't as good as the everyday object and more expensive. Piano, typewriter, now globe and guitar.

16 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I’m a little disappointed that only one (or possibly two) ideas were approved from such a huge field, but the Earth globe is a fine choice if there’s to be just one. It’s different from what’s been done before, and should make an attractive display item.

The Music to Our Ears contest was great to see, and especially tough since no one submission could really represent the full breadth of human musical expression, but the Stratocaster comes about as close as any. I really liked a couple of the others, though, but the Strat will look great, I’m sure.

Right. I hoped to see at least 4 of them getting approved.

Even if we count both the Stratocaster and Sonic Mania, which is a total of 3 projects, doesn't feel like enough to me.

Hey, at least something was approved :tongue: Some people act like this is the worst announcement of all times, when we once had a review period where not a single set was chosen :laugh_hard: Now THAT was disappointing!

My favourites didn‘t make it, but what they did choose isn‘t half bad and we still have some cool ones releasing rather soon 

Definitely thrown me for a loop, but there being no news regarding my set is good news - means they're giving the decision their full attention. Thanks for the well wishes @JintaiZ!

It's a bit of a shock to see only one confirmed project from this review, but that's how the cookie crumbles with a crowdsourcing (or is it crowdbuilding?) platform - with a lot of choice for the Ideas team, it is a mathematical inevitability that some people will lose out, even if the quantity is staggering right now. I'm also sure the Music contest's timing may have taken up some production capacity as well. In any case, I am quite excited for that Globe!

Congratulations to Disneybrick and the winner of the contest (dunno if he's on Eurobricks), and my condolences to everyone else in this session. Hope things work out for more people in the next one!

I know where everyone is coming from. I understand that they all want more than one (or two) projects to make it.

However, that's life and we don't have other things to do. Many sets are well made but I think license may be a major issue.

Just cause this review had lots of projects reach 10,000 doesn’t mean that majority had a decent chance. 

Half of that list had projects that were probably rejected as soon as review period started.

Tesla car/Goose game - unfortunate fads that aren’t popular as they were

Any space submissions- unlikely since ISS is still being sold

Zelda - we been known 

futurama, Iron giant - been rejected before so it was possible that it would have happened again

Modular - We been known

mary poplins, coralline, train station - license, size or feasibility 

chitty car and KIT - creative Expert seems to do big cars and LEGO 

That’s already half the list of projects in the submission

I’m  glad that we at least got one approved ( maybe two ) especially since it’s design works well for LEGO ideas. 

Edited by 7982Brick2

1 minute ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Just cause this review had lots of projects reach 10,000 doesn’t mean that majority had a decent chance. 

Half of that list had projects that were probably rejected as soon as review period started.

Tesla car/Goose game - unfortunate fads that aren’t popular as they were

Any space submissions- unlikely since ISS is still being sold

Zelda - we been known 

futurama, Iron giant - been rejected before so it was possible that it would have happened again

Modular - We been known

mary poplins, coralline, train station - license, size or feasibility 

chitty car and KIT - creative Expert seems to do big cars and LEGO 

That’s already half the list of projects in the submission

I’m  glad that we at least got one approved ( maybe two ) especially since it’s design world well for LEGO ideas. 

21321 has almost no relation to rockets and capsules. Despite that, the Saturn V being re-released should have a huge impact on that.

Just now, JintaiZ said:

21321 has almost no relation to rockets and capsules. Despite that, the Saturn V being re-released should have a huge impact on that.

I was implying that LEGO ideas will want to have one space set out at a time especially since many dislike the numerous space sets that ideas does 

1 minute ago, 7982Brick2 said:

I was implying that LEGO ideas will want to have one space set out at a time especially since many dislike the numerous space sets that ideas does 

But then 21309, 21312, AND 10266 (not ideas) have been out at the same time...

12 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

But then 21309, 21312, AND 10266 (not ideas) have been out at the same time...

And people criticized LEGO ideas for being very space heavy. 

People still have a perception that ideas is basically just all space projects. I think the ideas team would want to space out approved space sets to showcase that ideas is much more than space. 

2 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

And people criticized LEGO ideas for being very space heavy. 

People still have a perception that ideas is basically just all space projects. I think the ideas team would want to space out approved space sets to showcase that ideas is much more than space. 

And space geeks praised them

11 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

And space geeks praised them

Yup unfortunately space seems to be taking a backseat for LEGO ideas. We haven’t had a space set approved in a normal review period since woman of NASA. I definitely think that once ISS is close to retirement we will see a new approved space set. I could be wrong and I hope so since I love LEGO ideas space  

14 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Yup unfortunately space seems to be taking a backseat for LEGO ideas.

But Saturn V is re-releasing, so IDEAS Space isn't exactly dead either.