The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

That's a lovely Sailboat set, I even love the brick-built sails, don't often see those multiple stacked white triangle slopes used in a set outside of a Star Wars shuttle :wink:

Even nicer if it includes those 2 dolphins and seagull.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Even nicer if it includes those 2 dolphins and seagull.

I really hope Lego do or I will feel cheated. It is really no reason why they should not include them, but we never know with Lego and animals:shark:

Man I was positive Sightseeing in Europe was going to win. Super disappointed but hey I guess I save $85. Congrats to Sailing Ship Adventure!

Edited by Modal

I think the leaked Super Mario NES set might have been the reason behind the rejection of the Clockwork Aquarium, as they are both a box and have somewhat similar mechanism.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2c69b4a6-89cb-4a6b-bf4a-88c0ef049901

I have created a Lego Cello model that I think all Lego and music fans would love. I posted it to Lego ideas.com and it is titled Worlds Smallest Cello. You can go to the site and search this or go to the link above to support it for free. I would really appreciate your support, and if it gets 10000 supporters it could become and official Lego Set!

Edited by Presidentpie3

42 minutes ago, Presidentpie3 said:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2c69b4a6-89cb-4a6b-bf4a-88c0ef049901

I have created a Lego Cello model that I think all Lego and music fans would love. I posted it to Lego ideas.com and it is titled Worlds Smallest Cello. You can go to the site and search this or go to the link above to support it for free. I would really appreciate your support, and if it gets 10000 supporters it could become and official Lego Set!

I really like the idea, I will support it if you can support mine?

https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/5f531bac-5133-411b-b046-c2fe6bce34f4

On 7/7/2020 at 6:45 PM, Modal said:

Man I was positive Sightseeing in Europe was going to win. Super disappointed but hey I guess I save $85. Congrats to Sailing Ship Adventure!

Perhaps they still don't like sets that are tied to a real-world region? Europe has global appeal, judging by the masses of tourists from Asia and America that come here every year, so that shouldn't be the problem. A bit disappointed too, though the sailboat is also cool, especially if they include moulded animals. That would also help set it apart from boats in the Creator line.

On 7/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, teljesnegyzet said:

I think the leaked Super Mario NES set might have been the reason behind the rejection of the Clockwork Aquarium, as they are both a box and have somewhat similar mechanism.

That's very much possible. 

@Presidentpie3 @CharlieBoy17 There are rules regarding self-promotion, just saying... 

6 hours ago, Exetrius said:

There are rules regarding self-promotion, just saying...

And also joining EB just for the sole purpose of promoting one's own ideas and nothing else, not participating anywhere else. But there's been so much of it lately.

Perplexing how some can join, ask for everyone to support their stuff and then just walk away. Nobody else's creations matter. This wonderful forum full of like minded people who share the same interest. Amazing inspirational builds and informative discussion abound. None of that matters to them. Every member here is just a potential vote to help them get 1% of sales of an idea. :hmpf_bad:

Yea honestly, self-promotion should be banned. It's not cute and in all seriousness turns me off from supporting. Good Lego Ideas will hopefully support themselves when we see them and discuss how amazing they are :laugh: 

9 hours ago, Modal said:

Good Lego Ideas will hopefully support themselves when we see them and discuss how amazing they are :laugh: 

That is, unless they get buried in the tidal wave of new ideas that get posted to the site daily. It has been known to happen. 

(Ignore the signature, realized just after posting the irony in the discussion on self promotion) 

Edited by Elysiumfountain

21 hours ago, koalayummies said:

And also joining EB just for the sole purpose of promoting one's own ideas and nothing else, not participating anywhere else. But there's been so much of it lately.

Perplexing how some can join, ask for everyone to support their stuff and then just walk away. Nobody else's creations matter. This wonderful forum full of like minded people who share the same interest. Amazing inspirational builds and informative discussion abound. None of that matters to them. Every member here is just a potential vote to help them get 1% of sales of an idea. :hmpf_bad:

Yup. I thought it was against the rules anyway. Like make a post about your MOC, and throwing the link to the Ideas page is ok at the end, but show off the MOC, just don't say "support this!" especially if it's, in my opinion, lackluster.

12 hours ago, Elysiumfountain said:

That is, unless they get buried in the tidal wave of new ideas that get posted to the site daily. It has been known to happen. 

(Ignore the signature, realized just after posting the irony in the discussion on self promotion) 

I think a signature is fine, but I'm not a rulemaker here.

Schitt's Creek - 8k in 17 days... How in the world are they doing this? :) I would guess some of the show's stars posted it on their pages? 

How is the show btw? Never watched it. 

On July 15, 2020 at 12:44 PM, Modal said:

Yea honestly, self-promotion should be banned. It's not cute and in all seriousness turns me off from supporting. Good Lego Ideas will hopefully support themselves when we see them and discuss how amazing they are :laugh: 

"Banned" is probably a bit harsh, but I think there is definitely a right and a wrong way to go about self promotion. I'm always suspicious when someone with under 10 posts starts touting their proposal, and if the pitch is their only post, I usually won't even bother following the link.  I've been on the Internet since the days of DarpaNet and Usenet (before the web existed for any of you so young that you've never heard of those) so I appreciate that "standards of conduct" can be very subjective in cyberspace, but going to a place like Eurobricks just long enough to beg for support and move on never to return (unless you post another entry on Ideas) just strikes me as rude, even by cyberspace standards.

On the other hand, if someone comes in (even if it's a fairly new account) and creates a genuine MOC thread in the appropriate sub-forum and sticks around to respond to comments on his/her MOC then I'm fine with that posting including a line or two like "If you've enjoyed this creation please consider supporting it on Ideas" with a link.  It's still self promotion, but it is respectful of the community.  The designer has taken time to participate in enriching the site with his/her unique contribution and makes reader aware that there is _also_ a posting on Ideas; this is a far cry from cutting and pasting the same pitch on a dozen different sites and expecting strangers to take time out of their day to go visit Ideas when they don't even know what the proposal is about.

I also don't have problem with someone advertising their body of Ideas work in their Sig so long as the signature isn't bigger than the messages they are contributing.  If someone is actively participating in threads on assorted non-Ideas topics then sure, I might do them the courtesy of checking out their various ideas projects (especially if they have interesting thumbnails) when I have the time.   Personally, I don't _browse_ Ideas anymore; I'll look for specific things, follow links to specific projects, maybe checkout entries in a contest now and then; but as far as general Ideas proposals go, I don't have the time to wade through the swamp looking for the gems.  If someone shows me something interesting without my having to go out of my way, _then_ gives me link directly to it on Ideas, they stand a much better chance of getting my support.

Banning self-promotion here entirely is a bit harsh for "real" Eurobrick members/contributors (who, like most of us, could probably use all the help they can get these days) and  detrimential to the underlying workings of Ideas in the first place.  And let's face it, Lego Ideas, like Cuusoo before it, isn't really about the kits that "win" as far as TLG's business model is concerned; it's about generating buzz on social media and getting free brand advertising in non-traditional media  - like articles in Gizmodo, Popular Mechanics, Hollywood Reporter, New York Times and People.  We AFOLs are the ones who really care _which_ sets run the gauntlet successfully, TLG wins just by holding the "contest" and getting non-AFOLs to notice.  If we want to make sure beautiful AFOL-centirc proposals get noticed amid all the easily hyped, pop-culture tie-ins stuff that's out there (that can get 10k votes just by having the right person drop the right buzzword at the end of a TikTok video) then we either _need_ a bit of self promotion within the community or accept the fact that we've surrendered any modest sense of control of the process to the non-AFOL masses.

I guess for me it all comes down to respecting the community rather than carpetbagging.  There's a distinct difference between making one's peers aware of a situation where they could chose to help out versus walking into a stranger's house and expecting them to do as you command solely for your benefit.

1 minute ago, JRBricks said:

Lego has posted a video of the piano coming soon...

So I guess that means 21324 is most likely Sesame Street 

Damn that piano teaser makes it look quite different/bigger than the original! Wonder if it’s still going to be a full on piano? I bet they sacrificed a full model to make it playable

The teaser looks great, I wonder when the full reveal will be!

The blog post on the Ideas website includes the tag 21323 at the bottom so I would assume that's the set number.

7 minutes ago, BrickBuilderX said:

The teaser looks great, I wonder when the full reveal will be!

The blog post on the Ideas website includes the tag 21323 at the bottom so I would assume that's the set number.

Based on other teasers, the full reveal will be tomorrow

Just now, Modal said:

Based on other teasers, the full reveal will be tomorrow

That's exiting news, I was expecting it to be later in the week!

Huh, that's interesting. I thought it was rumoured that the Seasame Street set would be the next to be revealed. Guess that was wrong!

Not that I'm complaining - the Piano is definitely one of the concepts I've been looking forward to, even if it's not exactly the kind of thing I'd want to display. Anything with mechanical arrangement in System is particularly delicious.

6 minutes ago, adwind said:

I hope it won't need a smartphone to sound...

Even better, you need the Mario figure :grin:

In all seriousness, it really all should be mechanical. I think that’s the entire appeal of the set.

Edited by Modal