The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

Itd be shocking if the Queen gets approved. I think its... unlikely

On the other hand.... I can see media going crazy about it. Like the Friends set

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

On the other hand.... I can see media going crazy about it. Like the Friends set

One of the hints on their video seems to be directing us to Queen as well... Being honest until today I would never ever even thought that The Break Free version of Queen can actually happen!

11 minutes ago, adwind said:

Interesting points! And why do you think Disney wouldn't approve the Ratatouille? 

I think because Disney would rather have Ratatouille under a "specific" Disney theme. We got Steamboat Willie in Ideas, but everything else has been either Brickheadz, or a kind of quasi-independent theme in the Cinderalla castle or the Disneyland train. Steamboat Willie was a smaller set, but the other two are bigger ones, and I think Diseny would want the kind of prestige of it being in their own "line." Just look at the box art. For Cinderella and Disney Train, "Disney" logo is prominent and big. With Steamboat Willie, it's smaller. Of course "Mickey Mouse" is large, and everyone knows MM is Disney, but the brand recognition is what they want.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

I think because Disney would rather have Ratatouille under a "specific" Disney theme. We got Steamboat Willie in Ideas, but everything else has been either Brickheadz, or a kind of quasi-independent theme in the Cinderalla castle or the Disneyland train. Steamboat Willie was a smaller set, but the other two are bigger ones, and I think Diseny would want the kind of prestige of it being in their own "line." Just look at the box art. For Cinderella and Disney Train, "Disney" logo is prominent and big. With Steamboat Willie, it's smaller. Of course "Mickey Mouse" is large, and everyone knows MM is Disney, but the brand recognition is what they want.

They did release Wall-E under Ideas a few years ago, so Pixar properties aren't out of the question. Also, Ratatouille isn't in the spotlight anymore (can't belive it's been 13 years :wacko:), so I don't think that disney would push for it being in an standalone theme. At least they  didn't for the Steamboat Willie. If anything, I think the Ratatouille project's achiles heel is its size, although that seems to be less of a problem nowadays.

The only ones I kinda like in this review cycle is Ratatouille and Zelda. Horse stables from BOTW aren't the most interesting thing though, so maybe hold off until there's a more iconic set.

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I think it’s a controversial pick since it based on a video in which the band is in drag. I don’t think LEGO is against this but they might want to avoid any backlash. 

My Predictions ——

I think that two projects will be approved since the last few reviews have had two projects go forward. I think that it will be one licensed and one non license project. My pick for the licensed project is Ratatouille, Zelda or Bionicle. As for non license, Clockwork aquarium has the best chance since it’s not a big model and will give us more smaller priced sets since these upcoming ones are expensive.

Edited by Brick19_80

1 hour ago, Kaanere said:

They did release Wall-E under Ideas a few years ago, so Pixar properties aren't out of the question. Also, Ratatouille isn't in the spotlight anymore (can't belive it's been 13 years :wacko:), so I don't think that disney would push for it being in an standalone theme. At least they  didn't for the Steamboat Willie. If anything, I think the Ratatouille project's achiles heel is its size, although that seems to be less of a problem nowadays.

Wall-E came out before the big Disney castle and train stuff, essentially before Disney really began pushing their brand in LEGO more than normal.

3 hours ago, Brick19_80 said:

I think it’s a controversial pick since it based on a video in which the band is in drag. I don’t think LEGO is against this but they might want to avoid any backlash. 

My Predictions ——

I think that two projects will be approved since the last few reviews have had two projects go forward. I think that it will be one licensed and one non license project. My pick for the licensed project is Ratatouille, Zelda or Bionicle. As for non license, Clockwork aquarium has the best chance since it’s not a big model and will give us more smaller priced sets since these upcoming ones are expensive.

Bionicle is not a licensed theme though... 

4 hours ago, Brick19_80 said:

My pick for the licensed project is Ratatouille, Zelda or Bionicle

Bionicle isn't a licensed theme, it's an original IP owned by The LEGO Group.

I thought the movie was more about Remy and Alfredo than about the building. And Remy is seriously lacking, being a small, already existing rat piece that has been used many times before.

It's sad that LEGO won't acknowledge Bionicle even as System... I lost all my hope for it coming back, only hope left would be if LEGO sells the rights which is never gonna happen...I feel empty.. 

Ideas are becoming really hard to predict, but that is more fun I guess.

Firstly I did not think any of these would make it, secondly I thought maybe they would only approve one to save room for the next big wave.
Wrong and wrong :tongue:
Congratulations to the designers :classic:

:sad: I'm pretty devastated. Typewriter could turn out rather good I reckon, a new set of letters and numbers to use in MOCs at worst, but the other two... When I heard "3 projects" I thought that it was bound to have at least one of the (in my book) cool projects (Bionicle, Ratatouille, Zelda), but no. Big shame. 

1 minute ago, Exetrius said:

:sad: I'm pretty devastated. Typewriter could turn out rather good I reckon, a new set of letters and numbers to use in MOCs at worst, but the other two... When I heard "3 projects" I thought that it was bound to have at least one of the (in my book) cool projects (Bionicle, Ratatouille, Zelda), but no. Big shame. 

Zelda might become a theme in the future with the new Nintendo license. I wish Bionicle won, none of these sets that got approved interest me

Who is gonna buy a typewriter anyway? Seinfeld is boring sitcom stuff and Home alone is...I love the movie but no interest in a set. Big pass for me. 

I... what just happened? Home Alone I understand, it's a popular movie though not one I've ever seen or have much interest in. Seinfeld I've never even heard of - why is this so popular? And I would have thought the Typewriter was a little too similar in style to the upcoming piano to stand a chance.

I'd been really hoping for the aquarium, the Winter Chalet, and it would have been awesome to have Bionicle make a final comeback. I can't help but feel deflated with this round of results.

But in any case, congratulations to the winners! 

Super excited for all three submissions but I expect at least one or two projects to be approved. I guess LEGO isn’t saving slots for the next results in the fall. We now have seven approved projects that will become ideas sets. 

Now I have to wonder if a train can even make it...I mean, OK, a subway would be very narrow market, but... Still, @NathanR is very right. Congrats to those who did make it.

Typewriter's my favourite of the ones that got picked, and I totally love the idea of the Home Alone set but probably not enough for the sheer cost of that big house, but I'm totally struck by how much of a miss Seinfeld is. Is it really that popular worldwide? It has zero cultural impact over here, versus something F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and Big Bang Theory being strong examples of the genre. A huge shame about BIONICLE and Ratatouille as well, but what can you do - two solid picks out of three is a pretty solid spread already.

In any case, congrats to everyone that made it, and condolences to the ones that didn't!

Just now, Brick19_80 said:

Are we really shocked that another sitcom project was approved after the last one sold like crazy. 

Who even likes Seinfeld? Friends makes sense but Seinfeld? This is just shame.