The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

So, when are the results for this review stage coming? Weren't they supposed to have come out by now already? Or were they delayed or something?

On 6/4/2020 at 10:25 PM, Exetrius said:

Well yes, "Bionicle" was implied in "the fanbase", but maybe that wasn't clear enough. Anyway, I was trying to stress that the Bionicle fanbase as a whole really deserves some love in the form of a set. It would mean a lot to them.

TLC does seem to have the habit of reviving old themes, lately... We do get Barracuda Bay, even a 3-in-1 Pirate Ship. So maybe something's in it for Bionicle fans too, who knows.

I am really curious what they will do for future reviews, if the amount of greenlighted projects happens to stay that high... it's a bit awkward at the moment.

10 hours ago, Capparezza said:

TLC does seem to have the habit of reviving old themes, lately... We do get Barracuda Bay, even a 3-in-1 Pirate Ship. So maybe something's in it for Bionicle fans too, who knows.

I am really curious what they will do for future reviews, if the amount of greenlighted projects happens to stay that high... it's a bit awkward at the moment.

It feels awkward to me as well. Maybe raising 10k milestone only for IP projects could help? Also I feel like projects started to gain more votes once the "top" section was made as default when you open product ideas section - it gives more visibility to already popular ideas. Well and the fact that Ideas line became more popular than before makes some projects grow faster as well I think 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:50 PM, Friscorays said:

I saw this the other day! I kind of hope it makes it—while I don't have any special connection to the movie, this is one of the best Ideas projects I've seen, managing to capture so many of the key elements of the movie in a format that's exceptionally detailed, playable, and well-organized.

When will we here about the review? It’s now the 11th June (nearly the 12th) and still nothing? 

I can't wait to purchase the piano for my brother and the blacksmith for myself!

Personally, the the sets I would love to see get made are Castle in the Forest, Ratatouille, and Train Station: Studgate. 

I love Zelda but don't personally think the horse stable nor the BOTW Castle are that particularly interesting.

When can we expect the winners announcement? I really want to know if Bionicle won(I hope it did). 

I hope they reveal whatever set #31 (the next one after the pirate bay) is soon, I am more interested in seeing that than I am in seeing what sets (if any) get approved from the latest batch of reviews...

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

I hope they reveal whatever set #31 (the next one after the pirate bay) is soon, I am more interested in seeing that than I am in seeing what sets (if any) get approved from the latest batch of reviews...

It’s more likely Playable Piano judging by the leaked price point of 21323.

12 hours ago, Brick19_80 said:

It’s more likely Playable Piano judging by the leaked price point of 21323.

Awesome! Can't wait to buy this set. What was the leaked price?

Edit: Just saw - $350. Wouldn't that more likely be Sesame Street? I can't imagine the piano being that much.

Edited by Modal

4 hours ago, Modal said:

Edit: Just saw - $350. Wouldn't that more likely be Sesame Street? I can't imagine the piano being that much.

The original piano project demonstrates the piano moving by using power functions. I would hope that LEGO would incorporate power functions to make the piano playable. Sesame Street seems to be 21324 since the rumored price point is $120.

29 minutes ago, Brick19_80 said:

The original piano project demonstrates the piano moving by using power functions. I would hope that LEGO would incorporate power functions to make the piano playable. Sesame Street seems to be 21324 since the rumored price point is $120.

Ah ok. Damn $350 seems like a lot still for the piano, yea? I guess we'll see

5 hours ago, Modal said:

Ah ok. Damn $350 seems like a lot still for the piano, yea? I guess we'll see

350$ is a lot but with that price tag I guess we're going to get something extraordinary, so we'll see :) 

Avatar: The Last Airbender by Minibrick Productions is the lastest project to achieve 10,000 Supporters

resize:800:450

Hmmm I dont think this will pass.... it overlaps with Ninjago/Monkey Kid a little bit

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Avatar: The Last Airbender by Minibrick Productions is the lastest project to achieve 10,000 Supporters

Great news! I really loved that show, and was in my dark ages when the 2006 sets were available. I hope those old sets could help this Idea to go forth despite the overlap you mention! :excited:

On 6/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, Harkonen said:

When can we expect the winners announcement?

The results were supposed to come out either in late May or early June, but we are already passed that point. Maybe the results have been delayed due to COVID-19 or something like that?

So, on Friday they'll reveal finalists of the vacation contest and will open a voting, based on this I assume review results are going to happen either tomorrow or next week... I doubt they will announce it on Friday with contest's finalists. 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

resize:800:450

Hmmm I dont think this will pass.... it overlaps with Ninjago/Monkey Kid a little bit

Overlapping or similar subject matter might prevent an entire theme, but for a single set I don’t think it’d be much of an issue.

27 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Overlapping or similar subject matter might prevent an entire theme, but for a single set I don’t think it’d be much of an issue.

I can see LEGO approving it (although I think very unlikely) due to them already having made Avatar sets back in the day (and only two, we needed more. How did Spongebob get so many but Avatar only two?) and with Netflix remaking the series in live-action would surely help boost sales.

Personally, I wish they would choose less licensed stuff. The best sets are the super creative ones like the tree house and the piano.

On 6/17/2020 at 12:55 AM, Brick19_80 said:

Sesame Street for $120, doubt that's gonna happen. I suspect 21324 is the Piano, sounds like a better match price wise.

Edited by BrickJohn

24 minutes ago, BrickJohn said:

Sesame Street for $120, doubt that's gonna happen. I suspect 21324 is the Piano, sounds like a better match price wise.

I was thinking that at first , but then watching the Piano, being actually playable, and having 2800 pieces (in the original) + electronics, $350 is very likely.

Downscaling Sesame Street is a lot easier as it's not strictly tied to a mechanical construction like the piano, also no Electronics.

Edited by TeriXeri