The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

Thank you @Bricked1980! Saw your comment on Ideas too, we joined the 10k club together :D You might need to update your signature now, though - methinks Bricks and Blooms doesn't need the help :P

Edited by toastergrl

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Any ideas what month we’ll be getting the results of the next Lego Ideas set? 

June 

Just now, 7982Brick2 said:

June 

Still a little wait away then.  Is it just one set or are we getting two out of it? 

8 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Still a little wait away then.  Is it just one set or are we getting two out of it? 

We don’t know how many sets are approved. 

4 hours ago, 7982Brick2 said:

We don’t know how many sets are approved. 

It best be the Futurama set.

Congrats to the creator of the fishing boat! I do like that design quite a bit, and it has some good techniques, but there's a bit of danger in overlap with the Hidden Side boat (which uses the same palette). This one is way more of a display piece, though.

The review session begins every four months - so since the start of January had the last one, it would make sense that the next one is at the beginning of May. Okay, I misread the question. I think the Winnie the Pooh/Blacksmith reveal was in February, so four months on from then is likely June, yeah.

Edited by toastergrl

On 3/17/2020 at 9:11 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah, it feels like half the sets are fish or ocean related, and the other half are space.

Lightbulb! Ye Olde Future Science Fishing Spaceshipboatstation. Instant approval! :tongue:

5 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

Lightbulb! Ye Olde Future Science Fishing Spaceshipboatstation. Instant approval! :tongue:

Excuse me while I go buy fishing shop and space station ideas sets and proceed to violently jam them together, then put it on the website!

14 minutes ago, koalayummies said:

And it should be based on new nostalgic Disney cartoon :) That's the formula for instant approval! Oh, shoot I guess I'm in that club with my ocean themed idea ha-ha :)

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

This is an anime. I kid you not*.

4c69f0cf7b886e8d2e6ca67e8b9b64e231e04b2a

*Okay, the 'spaceship' and 'fishing' parts are underrepresented in the series, but still there... A trailer if you're curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kTtfbOUeLQ :tongue:

In all seriousness, these recurring themes prove there is ample market potential for certain topics that TLG has (mostly) neglected to produce in recent years.

On 3/18/2020 at 12:30 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Excuse me while I go buy fishing shop and space station ideas sets and proceed to violently jam them together, then put it on the website!

Picturing this is very comical. :snicker:

On 3/18/2020 at 12:41 PM, adwind said:

And it should be based on new nostalgic Disney cartoon :) That's the formula for instant approval! Oh, shoot I guess I'm in that club with my ocean themed idea ha-ha :)

How could I forget the licensed content aspect, this just doubled the sales!

On 3/18/2020 at 3:33 PM, Exetrius said:

This is an anime. I kid you not*.

There's no way I would have believed you had you not provided that link to video :head_back:. Mind, blown.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:11 PM, adwind said:

I must say that I'm impressed with how Pirate Bay turned out! The move with a ship is genius and somehow they managed to save that classic Pirates vibe while overall you can clearly say it's a modern design!

Here is the link:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/3ebc06ae-24f3-4e04-887c-a84d5a24f074

*oh2*

Although they state that this is no April Fools Joke, I still can't believe what I see on that website. If this is true, this is a must have for me...... :jollyroger::cannon:

And I don't care about the missing ape, I have lot's of them on stock :pir_laugh2:

Congrats to the creators of KITT *and* the Snow-groomer PRINOTH LEITWOLF, of which the latter project just reached 10k!

This review session is fourteen strong already, with a few more projects not far behind at all. This is at odds with the around-ten average we've had over the last few years. Some real tough competition!