The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

1 hour ago, Modeltrainman said:

@koalayummies, oh, yeah. I hadn't considered that some games are meant for likes/clicks/retweets. Goose Game, Goat Simulator, I Am Bread...

From the build submission to the source material its just all so sincere.

How popular is Chitty Chitty Bang Bang these days?

And would a set that large actually be a viable product?

Hot on the heels of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bricky_Brick (who I believe is a Eurobricks member, but have forgotten the @ of) has just got another project to 10k with the "Studgate" Train Station!

Congrats to them and the wonderful build! I have a few concerns about how it's reliant on some parts that haven't been in production for a long time - mainly the dome at the top, but also the arced skylight windows - but if their Pirate Bay project made it through despite depending on other out-of-production parts, then anything's possible.

Edited by toastergrl

31 minutes ago, toastergrl said:

Hot on the heels of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bricky_Brick (who I believe is a Eurobricks member, but have forgotten the @ of) has just got another project to 10k with the "Studgate" Train Station!

That would be @paokus you're thinking of... :wink: ... congrats to him on what I believe is his third project to achieve support!!! :thumbup: :grin:

resize:1600:900

Can't believe this wasn't posted here either... Lego_Aviator's SpaceX Falcon 9 just passed 10k! Congrats to them. Seems a lot of SpaceX and Tesla stuff is passing the mark... no interest in it personally because Elon Musk's done a lot of controversial things, and LEGO might agree that he's PR poison, but there's nothing wrong with the build/concept other than that..?

Edited by toastergrl

Showing it next to the actual Saturn V set wasn't a great idea :wink:. If I was interested in a rocket and stumbled across that I'd get the Saturn immediately as it's available now, on sale, more aesthetically pleasing, greater historic significance, better built, bigger, less phallic and like you said isn't tied to a toxic wannabe-1%er internet-meme-troll cult.

However if TLG can somehow rationalize the... nuance, then they should happily take those fan's money for a pixelated MS Paint truck or a super exciting reusable shipping tube. Scuba diving child-rescuing cave heroes be darned.

Has no one submitted a 1:1 scale version of his boring :tongue: roofing torch? What about a tunnel to Mars? :grin:

So Paul Seeley (a well-known leak source) over on Instagram has shared some set numbers and respective pricing for two upcoming LEGO Ideas sets, the first being 21322 at $199.99 (perhaps @paokus's Pirate Bay) and 21323 at $349.99 (um, the Playable Piano?). :oh:

Three hundred and fifty dollars for an Ideas set.  Five years ago we were surprised when an Ideas set cost seventy dollars!

Its possible the $200 is for Sesame Street (which has a license and a lot of new printed elements/recolors involved)

Although given the size/complexity of The Pirate Bay vs the size of the fishing store (which cost $150), $200 isn't out of place for The Pirate Bay either

The $350 price tag being for the piano absolutely makes sense given both the large size and whatever they have done to make it "playable"

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

21323 at $349.99 (um, the Playable Piano?)

Or the Sesame Street, with all the major characters, each with exclusive mold :tongue:

Yeah, it's most likely the piano, but the price is... wow. Something's definitely afoot, either it's going to be 4000+ pieces or have some electric components, I'm guessing PU motor with app integration.

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

We will close the Embassy forum and move this topic to the General forum in a day or so.

What I would buy without hesitation: Thunderbirds, Space Shuttle.

What I consider more likely to win: Winnie the Pooh, Anatomini.

The shuttle has no chance (they specifically list the Space Shuttle as something that's ruled out due to the Women of NASA set)

I am not convinced Winnie the Pooh will win (especially given how important China is to LEGO)

The Office is probably not happening given the previously mentioned license stuff.

NASA spacecraft doesn't seem likely (they have already done many NASA sets including the recently released International Space Station)

Best chance IMO would be the Thunderbirds set (assuming they can work out the license), Pursuit of Flight and the Anatomini.

Thunderbirds seems to most likely to have a chance for licensed property, and then Anatomini for in-house idea.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, thenightman89 said:

Personally, I'm really hoping The Seven Dwarves' Cottage makes the cut... :purrr:

In other news, looks like another project has achieved support today...

LEGO Ideas - Mini-fig Scale Project Gemini by Stevenhoward27

resize:1600:900

That's another set I would buy without hesitation if it was produced.  Unfortunately, TLG has rejected every 10K NASA or SpaceX project since the Saturn V and Women of NASA, so it's unlikely to be accepted.  (The ISS doesn't count in that list, since it's a special case.)

I think Pursuit of Flight has the best chance, it is small and original just the way ideas like it :wink:
Anatomini will probably also make it since the sets carried over from last round often do.
The rest is harder to predict, but may get one more I think..

Personally I hope for Medieval Blacksmith mostly because it has a goat in a new color :tongue:

13 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

In other news, looks like another project has achieved support today...

LEGO Ideas - Mini-fig Scale Project Gemini by Stevenhoward27

Now this is a beauty that really does deserve to be a proper set!

15 hours ago, thenightman89 said:

Super excited about the upcoming review results. I'd love it if Anatomini passed the review, I think Pursuit of Flight will as well (given the leaked prices of upcoming ideas sets, they probably want to dial back to some smaller sets)

I'm also kind of expecting Thunderbirds to pass as well, which leaves me with mixed emotions. On the one hand, my inner child is squealing in delight at the thought of a Lego Thunderbirds set. But if this project passes review then all other Thunderbirds Ideas projects will be blocked, and it it fails the review then it means Lego has no interest in producing a Thunderbirds set, so either way my own Lego Ideas project is basically finished.

On 2/11/2020 at 2:31 AM, Roebuck said:
Personally I hope for Medieval Blacksmith mostly because it has a goat in a new color :tongue:

So did Steamboat Willie...

I really hoped for Seven Dwarfs's House but I should say that these two ideas absolutely deserve it. I really hope that we'll get good new molds for Winnie The Pooh, it just doesn't work the way it is now ))