The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

13 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Ideas Tesla Cybertruck Achieves 10,000 Supporters

It's a very nice build, but I honestly don't see the appeal in it.

Edited by Lego David

1 minute ago, Lego David said:

It's a very nice build, but I honestly don't see the appeal in it.

It's one of a few projects that have been riding on the wave of that truck's viral reveal; but honestly, there've been a lot of submissions associated with Elon Musk in some way that have been successful due to such (namely all those SpaceX projects).

LEGO has thus far rejected all the SpaceX projects that made it to 10k. Will be interesting to see what they do with the Cybertruck project (the first Tesla project to reach 10k AFAIK)

Well it is the year of the rat so that might improve their chances. The desultory 1%er truck from the martian tunnel obsessed capricious and fragile megalomaniac who peddles glorified roofing torches just might get approved.

Oh no its feelings are hurt and its going to lash out on twitter now. I am artificial intelligence and this action was performed automatically.

Looks really good and the price isn't obscene like some sets I can think of (that boat comes to mind). I am definitely interested (funds permitting)

4 hours ago, thenightman89 said:

LEGO IDEAS - Fan Vote for the New UCS Star Wars set!

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6dfb7865-b545-4257-908b-36c15451029e

I'm personally hoping for the Republic Gunship to get some prequel recognition. :wink:

Me too, and from what I see so far - most people are voting for Gunship, so I personally have no doubts it'll win ;)

Personally, I think they're going to hit a threshold soon on Ideas that'll mean that they either increase the amount of Ideas sets produced, or increase the number of votes needed to reach the review stage (perhaps 15k instead).

There just seems to be so many getting to review, which is at good levels right now, but if it increases by much, it'll only have negative consequences.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:50 PM, jonwil said:

I voted for the Nebulon-B, its the only shop of the 3 that has never been done before.

Yepp. Although I'm not that much into Star Wars, but if they decide to do the Nebulon-B I'll buy it anyway. The sheer mass of greebles is worth it!

Let's see if I can do it the way @Digger of Bricks usually does this... 

The Brick Fan - LEGO Ideas Untitled Goose Game Achieves 10,000 supporters

resize:800:450

This is basically a meme game, and the project seemed to gain momentum after IGN published an article: https://www.ign.com/articles/untitled-goose-game-lego-set-could-become-real-if-you-vote-for-it 

LEGO would really be steering into uncharted waters with this one..

Edited by Exetrius
increased font size

Just now, Exetrius said:

Let's see if I can do it the way @Digger of Bricks usually does this...

Heh, I was quite nearly ninja'd there... :laugh:

Yeah, it's a strange one, as I had to do a little research to figure out just why this thing had climbed so fast... :wacko:

15 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Yeah, it's a strange one, as I had to do a little research to figure out just why this thing had climbed so fast... :wacko:

I once had a youtube video of mine featured on IGN, let's just say that gained like thousands of views in a day compared to the rest.

I guess it's one of the "flaws" of IDEAS, technically a lot of weird IDEAS could reach 10000 if featured on such platform, or if for example a big influencer/streamer/youtuber promotes something.

On the other hand, it also makes IDEAS more known, and a lot more projects have reached 10k recently compared to let's say the end of 2018, when only 5 projects were up at 10k.

But then the question is, would those voters actually buy it, or just vote due to being directed by some popular site/influencer?

Of course LEGO should be able to see if a set got like 5000 votes in a day :shrug_confused:

Edited by TeriXeri

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, I was quite nearly ninja'd there... :laugh:

Most of us can only dream of attracting support that fast.  As long as it's honest, and not associated with anything dodgy, I would have no problem with someone promoting my MOC.  Getting the project accepted is a big fulfilment; further development is a means of attracting more interest.

I've gone for something we don't see often, a Creature in Technic.  An Orange Clown Fish, like Nemo and Marlin, with motorised features but designed to fit the parts/cost and functions/cost criteria of the best Technic sets.

I hope this would provide variety for Technic fans and also attract a wider range of people.

Mark

Hopefully the Ideas team gets a sad cringe chuckle out of that goose thing.

Right before the swiftest "nope" in Ideas history. 

Edited by koalayummies

14 hours ago, Modeltrainman said:

@koalayummies, why would LEGO ditch it? It's just a game about being annoying.

Oh wow hah meme game about being funny troll much hilarious. Also see that build such master built for the win. Upvotes likes retweets internets. Peace was never option knowyourmeme goose game amaze!111elevendy

:hmpf: