The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

We don't have any information on the release order of the sets. Its entirely possible that the ISS will come out later and the 21321 set is the piano or something (it seems to cheap to be the Pirate Bay or Sesame Street sets)

Went to the LEGO store today and took a look at there deals of the day for Black Friday weekend and for ideas the Saturn V will be the special deal on Friday (11/29), Pop-Up Book on Saturday (11/30), Ship in a Bottle on Sunday (12/1), and Voltron on Monday (12/2). No idea how good the deal will be however. 

Guys, are you able to see "support" ("supporting") button on your own project page? It was visible, and now it's gone.

I'm not able to see it either.  Might not be a big deal, but I've also have some people tell me they're having difficulty signing up for Ideas to support one of my projects.

On 10/1/2019 at 1:53 PM, NathanR said:
On 10/1/2019 at 7:06 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's a rather nicely-executed Ideas project submitted yesterday by MiniBrick Productions... :classic:

LEGO Ideas - Hergé's The Adventures of Tintin

Sweet,  and supported :classic: Though I can't help but feel a Tintin set should be focused on something a little more iconic, like the moon rocket or the shark submarine.

Well then, looks like MiniBrick Productions has followed-up on his initial Tintin project... :wink:

LEGO Ideas - LEGO Hergé's The Adventures of Tintin: Explorers on the Moon

resize:1600:900

6 hours ago, MinibrickProductions said:

Thanks for the support on my project! Glad there's LEGO fans out there that also like Tintin!

You're most welcome! Welcome to Eurobricks by the way!!! :sweet:

On 11/3/2019 at 4:26 PM, Cut the Kragle said:

I never picked up the Fishing Store so didn't realise that. I did get the Big Bang Theory set but completely forgot it had two stickers in there! Still, traditionally, Ideas sets I've always seen as more of a premium product, with printed pieces as much a guarantee as they are in Juniors / 4+ sets. The Friends set had some printed pieces but a pretty hefty sticker sheet and now the Dinosaurs set has no new printed pieces and just stickers. Makes me sad... 

The very first two sets (Shinkai 6500 and Hayabusa, from the CUUSOO days) also had stickers. They typically eschew stickers in Ideas sets, but as far as I can tell they’ve never really had a hard, fast rule against them. Notably, Voltron also has stickers, though it uses them specifically to give the builder the option of having the five lions numbered or non-numbered (to represent either the Americanized version of the show, or the original Japanese version).

The Old Fishing Store has eleven stickers, but it also has a slew of printed parts - I think more than any other Ideas set, even ones with tons of prints and no stickers (I think Doctor Who was the previous record holder, with around fifty printed elements, none of them stickers).

THANKS Eurobicker's for great support and all the help :) Now... just need one more Christmas Miracle somewhere in April :)  

49156409371_c715e289af_o_d.gif

Edited by adwind

4 hours ago, Lego David said:

How much is left until this review season ends?

I'm pretty sure the third review stage of each year closes off during the first week of December, with usually a staff blog post to announce the upcoming deadline, yet there hasn't been anything posted about such as of this post... :def_shrug:

4 hours ago, adwind said:

It actually ends on the first week of January )

There's still time then :laugh: :wink:

Congrats again adwind. I really do think your set has a good chance of getting through. It's such an iconic family film and would really fit in well with the modulars. 

Just now, Hickernator said:

There's still time then :laugh: :wink:

Congrats again adwind. I really do think your set has a good chance of getting through. It's such an iconic family film and would really fit in well with the modulars. 

Thank you :) I guess, it's a bit bigger than modulars though, but I think it might fit for residential area )

Just received a notification on LEGO Ideas to say my project, Bricks & Blooms has been "featured". 

I've never had this with any of my projects before so sorry if it sounds a daft question but does anyone know what this means exactly? It isn't showing up under the "staff picks" tab on LEGO Ideas. Also there are no new official comments on my project page to say it's been staff picked or anything like that. I've checked the LEGO IDEAS twitter and facebook pages too and my project isn't featured on there.

Edited by Bricked1980

35 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Just received a notification on LEGO Ideas to say my project, Bricks & Blooms has been "featured". 

I've never had this with any of my projects before so sorry if it sounds a daft question but does anyone know what this means exactly? It isn't showing up under the "staff picks" tab on LEGO Ideas. Also there are no new official comments on my project page to say it's been staff picked or anything like that. I've checked the LEGO IDEAS twitter and facebook pages too and my project isn't featured on there.

Hi Bricked! My Lifeguard Shack was featured yesterday too. You don't see it in Staff Pick because they sorted entries by "top" for some reason... And no worries you'll be featured on Twitter today a bit later )) Congrats! )

1 hour ago, adwind said:

Hi Bricked! My Lifeguard Shack was featured yesterday too. You don't see it in Staff Pick because they sorted entries by "top" for some reason... And no worries you'll be featured on Twitter today a bit later )) Congrats! )

Ok thanks. That's great, first time any of my projects have been staff picked. :sweet:

By the way congrats for reaching 10,000 with your Home Alone set. 

1 minute ago, Bricked1980 said:

Ok thanks. That's great, first time any of my projects have been staff picked. :sweet:

By the way congrats for reaching 10,000 with your Home Alone set. 

Thank you! Waiting you there! )

Looking at the projects that have hit 10k and will be in the next review:

Bionicle is definitely a possibility (it doesn't seem to be too big or to contain parts LEGO can't or wouldn't use)

Ratatouille would depend on whether they think it would sell enough product and whether Disney is willing to do a deal or not (and whether they can come up with a hat/hair combo for the main character that doesn't need a new mold but still satisfies both LEGO and Disney)

I don't see the Planet Express Ship being made, it needs minifigs to really work and that would be difficult (plus it has a main character who literally has to drink alcohol to stay alive, how would that work with LEGO's "no alcohol" policy?)

I think the navy ship is too close in style to modern boats to be greenlit.

Seinfeld definitely has possibilities if they can work out the license with whoever owns the show (not sure who that is these days) Its still widely replayed on TV unlike some of the rejected TV show ideas from the past, its small enough to work as a set (BBT/Friends sized) and the show is popular enough with the kind of people that might buy such a set (I want one, I love Seinfeld, much better than some of the crap they try to pass off as "funny" these days)

Zelda is unlikely to make it (licensing issues regarding Nintendo IP has been discussed on here before)

Home Alone seems a bit big (even considering some of the larger Ideas sets we have had as of late) and is it still popular enough with the right audience to make it viable?

LEGO typewriter just doesn't seem popular enough (people who like typewriters would probably be more interested in owning actual working vintage typewriters than a non-functional LEGO model of one, especially at the price that one looks like it would be based on its size)

The Toronto train just doesn't seem well-known enough to overcome the huge hurdles any train set has to pass. I could see a very famous train possibly passing but not this one.

Winter Chalet looks too close to their Winter Village line (and that City Ski Resort) IMO.

And I can't see a set based on video that was banned by MTV necessarily being something LEGO would be interested in ("drag" is seen totally differently in the UK compared to some other parts of the world including the US)

Most likely to make it IMO are the Bionicle project, Seinfeld and maybe the Winter Chalet (and maybe Ratatouille if Disney green lights it and it passes the "will it actually sell" test)

Edited by jonwil

Clockwork Aquarium! will soon make it to 10000 and save the day for Lego :tongue:
It is small, original and just the ideas set Lego likes to see so it will most likely be approved..
A couple of years ago it wound probably be the only one to make it, but since 3 big sets made it last round we may get more than next round also :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

Looking at the projects that have hit 10k and will be in the next review:...

I don't see the Planet Express Ship being made, it needs minifigs to really work and that would be difficult (plus it has a main character who literally has to drink alcohol to stay alive, how would that work with LEGO's "no alcohol" policy?)….

I believe you are referring to Bender, who could simply not be included if Lego finds the antisocial characteristics of a fictional animated robot to be problematic for impressionable children (who clearly aren't the targeted customer base for this set).  I will consider it a crime against humanity if the set doesn't make it to production and as such willl accept a crew limited to Fry and Leela if need be.

6 hours ago, Friscorays said:

I believe you are referring to Bender, who could simply not be included if Lego finds the antisocial characteristics of a fictional animated robot to be problematic for impressionable children (who clearly aren't the targeted customer base for this set).  I will consider it a crime against humanity if the set doesn't make it to production and as such willl accept a crew limited to Fry and Leela if need be.

It is probably easier to not give him any alcohol references. After all, Homer drinks beer, thinks about beer, makes beer and advertises beer, yet they still made him.

Given the other projects out there (both currently in review like the Thunderbirds or pursuit of flight and entering the next review like Bionicle or Seinfeld) that have a lot less problems being done in a kid-friendly way it would be easier for LEGO to just not approve a set that might contain controversial elements (and might even need new molds to pull off the characters to the satisfaction of the IP owner) rather than try and find a way around the controversial bits (or maybe they will make just the ship with no figures and avoid all the problems that way)

There is also the question of whether the set would sell as well as the other sets they could green light instead. (I love Futurama but even as a fairly strong fan of the show I have no interest in owning the set with or without minifigs)