The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

I think the difference is that the Caterham is a somewhat unique vehicle offered by a very niche manufacturer and LEGO had not produced anything similar (nor would they have been likely to do so in the absence of the ideas project) whereas the Scania is just another truck that's not all that different to things they have already done like the Mercedes Benz or Mack.

Well, I feel quite impossible to reach 10k supporters so maybe this discussion is useless.

Thanks anyway for sharing your point of view.

On 11/4/2019 at 1:14 PM, Exetrius said:

Same!! :ugh:

Though it makes sense, for me the guaranteed printed decorations is one the theme's strongest assets and one of the main reasons why I like the theme. I don't apply stickers, so if the set relies on stickers to make it work, I'm not buying. On second thought, I'm not buying a lot of sets anyway, but I usually do order many printed pieces from B&P. 

100 per cent! Knowing any designs would be guaranteed to be prints rather than stickers was one of my favourite aspects of the Ideas theme. Seems that's most certainly a thing of the past now.

On 11/5/2019 at 1:08 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

That is a nice MOC, but I wonder what the market for a fairly large model of a Peruvian / Chilean battleship is? It obviously sneaked past the "no modern warfare" rule on submission. But would LEGO make a (relatively modern) warship but not WW1 or WW2 tanks and so on? They did the Sopwith Camel, with guns, so would they also do this with guns...? It is also a war memorial, which again is against their rules.

Edited by MAB

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:40 PM, astral brick said:

Naruto admitted

I'm glad to see that Naruto is allowed on LEGO Ideas! In fact, I'm currently working on a product idea based on Ramen Ichiraku from the first Naruto anime series!

Man... It seems like The Legend of Bionicle is up for some pretty hard competition.... With so many projects to choose from...

1 hour ago, Lego David said:

Man... It seems like The Legend of Bionicle is up for some pretty hard competition.... With so many projects to choose from...

It isn't a head-to-head competition though, as LEGO can accept any number they like.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:40 AM, Lego David said:

On 11/14/2019 at 8:55 AM, MAB said:

It isn't a head-to-head competition though, as LEGO can accept any number they like.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure The Legend of the Bionicle has a very good chance of passing the review.

I can't see that subway train being approved. We haven't seen an AFOL targeted train since the Horizon Express (and no the Disney train doesn't count since its got the license of the most famous theme park in the world attached to it) and an Ideas train would likely have an even higher barrier to pass than a regular old AFOL targeted train (especially something with that many pieces).

Maybe if it was a replica of a more well known or famous train (one that people from all over the world know and recognize) it might have more of a chance but I dont think the Toronto subway is famous enough.

I'm familiar with neither the Toronto subway, nor the Dumbo train. I'm not well-educated when it comes to trains, not at all. I think I know four famous trains: the TGV from Thalys, the Shinkansen, the Eurostar and the Orient Express. For me, the Dutch NS trains are also iconic, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Anyway, remember that pirate head that was leaked, and we thought it might be from the Ideas Pirate Bay? It turned up in a city set (which doesn't mean it can't be in the Pirate Bay, of course):
lego-city-2020-60243-007.jpg

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Anyway, remember that pirate head that was leaked, and we thought it might be from the Ideas Pirate Bay? It turned up in a city set (which doesn't mean it can't be in the Pirate Bay, of course):

Nice find! Then I guess the chance of getting the pirate bay this year is really slim :shrug_oh_well: Anyway it is better they take the time to make a best possible set instead of rushing to get it released in the year of the 30 year anniversary :shark:

Slightly worried. I've just been on the Lego Ideas site and all my projects have vanished from the site. In fact it looks like everybody's projects have gone. Only contest entries are showing up. *oh2*

Has anyone else noticed this?

11 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

@Bricked1980 WOAH! It's like that for me, too! In fact, I don't see a SINGLE product idea!

Well I noticed the site was offline a couple of hours ago for "routine maintenance" so it looks as if they've made a major glitch in the process. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Same issue here!

Don't worry though, the projects are all still there.  It seems this issue only happens when you're logged in, I logged out and everything looked normal.  Just log out and you should be able to see your projects.  It's probably just a simple filter that got messed up during the maintenance, I'm sure it will be fixed here soon.

I just got an error message "403 Sorry, Eve and the Turtle won’t let you view this page." With pictures of Eve and the little robot mech from the old Ideas ExoSuit. :laugh_hard::laugh_hard:

31 minutes ago, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Same issue here!

Don't worry though, the projects are all still there.  It seems this issue only happens when you're logged in, I logged out and everything looked normal.  Just log out and you should be able to see your projects.  It's probably just a simple filter that got messed up during the maintenance, I'm sure it will be fixed here soon.

Ah yes, you're right. At least the projects are all still there. For a moment I was worried mine had all been deleted. :cry_sad:

Only problem is it means nobody can currently vote for any projects because as soon as you try to log in to cast your vote it stops the page from being viewable.

"We are currently investigating a bug related to users not being able to see their Product Ideas. Our developers are looking into a fix for this as soon as possible."

Nice, I hope that this bug will add me some votes...

10 hours ago, 7982Brick said:

LEGO ideas 2020

21321 - $69.99

21322 - $199.99

If that is right, I assume 21321 is the International Space Station? I hope the pirate bay is not that cheep at least :wacko:
21322 could be any of Playable LEGO Piano, 123 Sesame Street or The Pirate Bay..
Those are the 4 sets we are waiting for right?