The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

14 hours ago, Puresh said:

Really loving all these new projects you're pumping out at the moment! I'm really hoping X-Files will reach 10k too, but I still have my doubts it'll be accepted due to that one episode that was rated TV-MA :sad:

Thanks, I'm not convinced it will even reach 10k to be honest. I was so excited that they were accepting the X-files that I rushed it onto there, I don't think I did a good job of presenting it well, needs more minifigs, better presentation

12 hours ago, MAB said:

Has that ever happened though? If a license has a chance of partnering with LEGO, I'd imagine they'd wait for the review. If a clone company approached a brand I'd imagine they would look into why the approach has been made and soon find out about LEGO ideas, even if they didn't know about the project beforehand.

If you follow the discussion from the previous page (end of page 153), I am suggesting that precisely this happened.

It is too much of a coincidence that a TV show that has been in hiatus for six years grants a construction set license to a clone company in the same month as it has a LEGO IDEAS project under review. The resulting set even has many similarities with the IDEAS project.

Edited by Another Brick In The Wall

5 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

If you follow the discussion from the previous page (end of page 153), I am suggesting that precisely this happened.

It is too much of a coincidence that a TV show that has been in hiatus for six years grants a construction set license to a clone company in the same month as it has a LEGO IDEAS project under review. The resulting set even has many similarities with the IDEAS project.

Which one? The Office?

Who knows how long they had been negotiating with NBC and designing the set.

The Fat Mojo one looks much more similar to a previous failed one on IDEAS:

resize:800:450

pmdundermifflincs__32410.1568172045.jpg?

Isn't there any way to contact the Ideas team? My Stargate Atlantis project was rejected twice more, and I don't know how I can get them to tell me why. First it was rejected a few months ago because they deemed the brand/license inappropriate. Now that Stargate Atlantis is officially on the list of permitted licenses I submitted it again, yet it was rejected due to including "third-party images or artwork, e. g. fonts". I removed some details that may have looked too similar to an official logo and resubmitted the project, but it was rejected again stating I hadn't made the required changes. Since it's now literally just my Lego model plus a few words (written in some common pre-installed font), I have no idea what else I'm supposed to remove. But as usual there has been no reaction to my email inquiry yet.

I can't see Stargate Atlantis being approved anyway, its got just as much violent content and modern military stuff as SG-1.

Both shows feature main characters using high-power military guns like the FN P90 and other weapons all the way up to rocket launchers and machine guns.

Its not like, say, Star Wars where the guns are all sci-fi and fictional or like Western or Pirates or Batman where the guns look older and less like the guns being shown on the news all the time when there is a shooting or something.

Soldiers in both shows are seen wearing military uniforms as well (again unlike Star Wars where the uniforms look a lot more fictional)

If by some miracle LEGO does approve a Stargate project (and its not something boring like a micro-scale model of some big ship but something actually containing minifigs) I would probably buy it but I can't see it happening unless LEGO changes its stance on "military stuff" in its sets.

SGA seems much less realistic in its depiction of the military to me. Just compare the uniforms to those from SG1... But as Bra'tac said: We will cross that bridge when we come to it! SGA is on the list of allowed licenses now, so I'd just like to get my project approved and see if there's any interest. But I really don't know what kind of third-party content there is to remove.

isBd87O.png

Edited by Graupensuppe

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

But as Bra'tac said: We will cross that bridge when we come to it!

No!  The bridge is too well guarded... :laugh:

Seriously though, great model. I would love a Lego Stargate, no matter which galaxy it's from. 

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

But I really don't know what kind of third-party content there is to remove.

At a guess, the problem is the word "Atlantis" on each side of the picture.  You have used a generic font, but it is still quite similar to the font of the official SGA logo. The only major difference is the lack of the stylised A marking Earth's seventh symbol, which could be easily missed if a moderator is only doing a quick glance and is not a fan of the show.

Stargate_Atlantis_2004_logo.svg

It doesn't have the special A with the circle, it's a different font, and it doesn't even say "Stargate"... There are so many projects that closely imitate official logos in some way. I think this font works well, I really don't want to change it to Comic Sans just to make it look completely different...

Edited by Graupensuppe

On 9/13/2019 at 2:33 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

There have been a few attempts already, including this one that's still active currently...

Thomas the Tank Engine by patsamu4941

Hmmm, makes me wonder if @ScotNick now oughta try giving his own rendition a shot on Ideas... :shrug_oh_well:

Flickr - LBSCR E2: Thomas the Tank Engine

LBSCR E2

I could do that, the picture shown isn't very up-to-date though - my current version uses 3D-printed drivers and I'm not sure if that is allowed on Lego ideas. Does anyone know more about that or can check that out?

I don't actually have a pic with the details I added recently, but here's how it looks with 3D-printed drivers:

41164979542_3b5b715878_c.jpgLBSCR E2 - finally done by ScotNick1, on Flickr

Edited by ScotNick

3D printed anything (or 3rd party anything) is out of the question for a LEGO Ideas project.

If LEGO doesn't make the correct wheels for your train, you can't submit it.

I SHOULD have used Earth Blue drivers, on my train, but since LEGO doesn't make them, black was closest. @ScotNick, you should try black. I bet people would understand! Also, very beautiful rendition!

Edited by Modeltrainman

Have a weird issue where I can't access my profile, or other profiles, but I can submit, update, like, and comment.  Anybody else having issues?

Edited by Modeltrainman

@Modeltrainman Same for me! I tried to follow someone after supporting their project and it gave me the Error 404 message. Wasn't a fluke, either, it happened with the next five profiles I tried to access. Maybe they're updating? I can still access my profile. 

@Modeltrainman and @Elysiumfountain I am having the same problem with not being able to access my profile page. I've checked and this doesn't seem to be the case with everyone though. You can still access the profile page of some members but not other. How strange, hope it gets fixed soon.

55 minutes ago, Elysiumfountain said:

@Bricked1980 I hope it gets fixed too! Four hours ago I couldn't access other people's profiles but I could access mine. Now I can't access mine either! 

I've just sent Lego Ideas an email about it. Hoping they can fix it before the weekend.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Ideas The Legend of Zelda: BotW Stables Achieves 10,000 Supporters

Whoohoo! I voted for this and I really hope that, despite the track record of previous LoZ ideas that made it into review, this will make it through! 

On 9/12/2019 at 3:12 PM, NathanR said:

Lego Ideas has just had a few updates! You can now track statistics of your own projects and see the total number of votes accumulated over time, and also number of votes per day.

More interestingly, the first step of submitting a project gives you a searchable list of various IPs and tells you if they will or will not be allowed. The list is not exhaustive, and if you have an IP not on the list then you can submit it anyway and a moderator will review it.  

(Checking the list for projects now in review, The Office, Winnie the Pooh, Thunderbirds, are all acceptable licenses.  I did notice that Disney World is banned, so I guess that means no hope for the Haunted Mansion set.  Licenses like Star Trek, Minions, are banned for fairly obvious reasons. They have quite an extensive list of movie titles in the database, too.  Though I was quite surprised that The Magnificent Seven was banned... ok, it's a bit violent, but a lego figure of Yul Brynner would have been fun.)

Edit: And browsing the list of IPs, it seems Stargate is banned but Stargate Atlantis is allowed?? Seriously??

Looks like @just2good decided to toy around with this new IP search feature for the fun of it...

Nice video, quite some insights. :thumbup:

Lots of Nintendo stuff seems to be allowed. As is "Kingdom Hearts" - which would have some great potential in Lego form in my opinion!

Edited by Darnok