The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Really?! :oh: 

The very same set that was rejected 4 years ago for mature themes now has been approved?

Hmmmm weird things are happening in Billund

Who knows, maybe we'll get a Playboy Mansion D2C set in a few years :wacko:

Some things changed in Billind really. But Wetwired Project isn’t even the only X-files project on Ideas right now. But I am sure want it to become a set.

Yeah after I submitted mine I searched and another one that was posted about week before mine.

I did a little video to help promote mine :D

44 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is a great idea and I sure want it. But also hope Lego designers can improve the model a little bit (like OFS) to break the monotony of its external walls (not coming from the design but from the source material itself).

On 5/27/2019 at 8:10 AM, Chiaroscuro said:

This is a great idea and I sure want it. But also hope Lego designers can improve the model a little bit (like OFS) to break the monotony of its external walls (not coming from the design but from the source material itself).

Monotony? Looks quite nice to me, what with the variation between plates, tiles and jumpers. I do see areas where it could be improved/simplified (particularly the base) but all in all it looks like a great likeness and an interesting and engaging build!

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Monotony? Looks quite nice to me, what with the variation between plates, tiles and jumpers. I do see areas where it could be improved/simplified (particularly the base) but all in all it looks like a great likeness and an interesting and engaging build!

Sorry I wasn’t clear: mainly I see it having a color monotony in the walls. Sure it isn’t a designers fault, it is based on a cartoon, so its palette mimics the show. While the builds seems to be interesting/engaging but it always have room for improvement. It is my opinion anyway, not a fact. But I am glad it made it to 10.000 supports, I really want to see it as s set.

I was thinking about these projects that were rejected back in their review and now are being brought back... 

I assume that whatever project wins the poll automatically goes into production right? I mean, whats the point of bringing back a project for the poll if it is going to be rejected in the review phase? 

Logically that has to mean all these projects *now* reunite all the conditions needed to be approved. But thay didnt back in their original reviews. 

So, what has changed? Maybe new molds introduced recently? 

I cant think on a single reason why the Yellow Guy project was rejected back then and now has chances of being produced?

Back in the day I thought it was rejected because it has like 0 playability value. But thats still true. 

So, what changed?

14 hours ago, Friscorays said:

As to first question, you don't have to assume as Lego expressly said winning set would go into production.  

Lego seems to generally address the remainder of your questions in the "Why the special review?" portion of their announcement.

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/5fa4eb3f-1e98-47d7-abbc-fdc2a29b79c3?query=&sort=top

They just clarified this on their facebook page.

The winner is indeed guarenteed to become an official LEGO set

On 5/27/2019 at 1:20 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Thank You so much! The day it hit the magic mark felt like it was my birthday. Still can't believe it. Especially since the show's creator Alex Hirsch also gave it a shout out afterwards: https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/1133922676618039296

I'm a little confused right now. A while ago I noticed that there's a fairly popular Stargate Atlantis project. I then submitted a model based on Stargate SG-1, but it was rejected. So I assumed Stargate SG-1 is off-limits but Stargate Atlantis is okay - after all it's less realistic and doesn't have as many references to real-life military stuff as SG-1. So I submitted an Atlantis-themed model instead (here's a picture - no realistic weapons or camouflage uniforms or anything). But it was rejected as well, asserting that there's not really anything in it that's against the rules but that the entire license or brand is inappropriate. At about the same time a second Stargate Atlantis project was approved though! I asked them about this via email, hoping I could still get my project approved (although I was worried it might just lead to the other two projects getting removed). But nothing happened at all. I asked for clarification before, when another one of my projects was rejected, and I quickly got a response back then. This time however I did not get any reply. So, what should I do?

5 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

I'm a little confused right now. A while ago I noticed that there's a fairly popular Stargate Atlantis project. I then submitted a model based on Stargate SG-1, but it was rejected. So I assumed Stargate SG-1 is off-limits but Stargate Atlantis is okay - after all it's less realistic and doesn't have as many references to real-life military stuff as SG-1. So I submitted an Atlantis-themed model instead (here's a picture - no realistic weapons or camouflage uniforms or anything). But it was rejected as well, asserting that there's not really anything in it that's against the rules but that the entire license or brand is inappropriate. At about the same time a second Stargate Atlantis project was approved though! I asked them about this via email, hoping I could still get my project approved (although I was worried it might just lead to the other two projects getting removed). But nothing happened at all. I asked for clarification before, when another one of my projects was rejected, and I quickly got a response back then. This time however I did not get any reply. So, what should I do?

Maybe the Goa'uld have infiltrated Lego Ideas.

Seriously, though, that stinks that they aren't responding. All I can suggest is to keep reaching out to the Ideas team until they give you some feedback. I hope your project gets approved!

I suspect ultimately the Stargate stuff is not suitable for Ideas across the board (regardless of what it is or where in the universe it fits) and that the Stargate projects currently up there are an anomaly (and would never pass review even if they hit 10k)

They just revealed who won the Special Review, spoilers ahead ofcourse:

Spoiler

Its the space station, definetely not at all happy with this. I'm sick of space themed Ideas sets

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They just revealed who won the Special Review, spoilers ahead ofcourse:

Reveal hidden contents

Its the space station, definetely not at all happy with this. I'm sick of space themed Ideas sets

I hope this is true it got my vote both times around :classic:

It got over 10 000 votes almost twice the number as the next set got so it was well deserved!
Personally I have no interest in any of them so I did not vote either :tongue:

My god another space set.... meh....

But it seems even NASA promoted the set on social media, so there is that

I was hoping for Stitch, but ah well :) Of course I was never very good at predicting popularity, most of the stuff that people go for I find counterintuitive on occasion! 

Quite a year for Space sets, Ideas, Creator - Lunar Lander, City and previously TLM2.

By the time this comes out, they can put some "20th year anniversary of the ISS" on it I bet  (permanently manned since November 2000)

I'm happy they went with the ISS. Stitch would've been interesting because we don't see many sets based of the 2D Disney Films. The arcades would've also been a really neat set. 

I was going to vote, but didn’t; I couldn’t decide which to vote for (I think I supported all four projects their first times around). I’ll be happy to see the ISS, though.

On 6/4/2019 at 6:10 AM, Graupensuppe said:

Was there any reasoning for why it was rejected?

I heard from someone I know that just a week or so before I submitted my x-files project that someone had theirs rejected as well, they couldn't say why it was though

5 hours ago, WetWired said:

Was there any reasoning for why it was rejected?

"We reviewed your project submission and unfortunately it refers to a brand or licensed property that doesn’t fit the LEGO Group’s standards for appropriate content or themes. While there might not be anything in your project itself that is against our policy, the brand or licensed property your project refers to contains content or themes that we find inappropriate for a potential LEGO product.  We’re afraid that LEGO Ideas cannot accept a project submission based on this brand or licensed property."