The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

By the way, what preexisting part do you guys suppose will be repurposed for the Lion pilots' helmets? :shrug_confused:

27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, what preexisting part do you guys suppose will be repurposed for the Lion pilots' helmets? :shrug_confused:

The Bad Cop helmet (with “transparent” visors printed on the minifigure heads, à la some Rebel Alliance fighter pilots) might be the best way to go...

... unless the Ideas designers already have access to new helmet molds created principally for The LEGO Movie 2 or something, in which case we could see the first Ideas set to introduce a new mold.

(I am assuming, as we all surely are, that the set will in fact have minifigures, but is there a possibility it won’t?)

2 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

... unless the Ideas designers already have access to new helmet molds created principally for The LEGO Movie 2 or something, in which case we could see the first Ideas set to introduce a new mold.

Perhaps, designers have made a new mold to be first introduced within some other theme like you suggested, but it was particularly designed in mind for the Voltron pilots instead. That way, the Ideas set wouldn't have been the one to premiere the mold. Isn't that how it went with the Twelfth Doctor's hairpiece? Didn't it first premier in the Dimensions pack, only to later be utilized for the Ideas set?

On 6/6/2018 at 11:28 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Perhaps, designers have made a new mold to be first introduced within some other theme like you suggested, but it was particularly designed in mind for the Voltron pilots instead. That way, the Ideas set wouldn't have been the one to premiere the mold. Isn't that how it went with the Twelfth Doctor's hairpiece? Didn't it first premier in the Dimensions pack, only to later be utilized for the Ideas set?

Indeed it did - and the Sonic Screwdriver as well, which (unlike the hair element) was (is) quite specifically tied to Doctor Who.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

38 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Do you think we will get mini figures as well in the Voltron set?

Possibly. I don’t know if they have parts existing in the inventory that would work for the character’s helmets to the satisfaction of the show’s fans and rightsholders, and minifigures weren't actually part of the original project submission. If they include minifigures here, it would be the first time they’ve included minifigures in a CUUSOO or Ideas set whose original submission didn’t call for them (I thought Hayabusa might have been the first, way back in the early days, but looking at the original CUUSOO submission just now, I see even it had one).

But they are surely aware minifigures would increase the set’s appeal. Many of the comments on the original project call for them, and there are also probably people awaiting this set (perhaps even including some of the project supporters) to whom it hasn’t even occurred that not having minifigures is even a possibility.

Perhaps nanofigures, à la the NASA Apollo Saturn V?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

3 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Perhaps nanofigures, à la the NASA Apollo Saturn V?

Ugh.  Better than nothing, I guess...

On 6/15/2018 at 6:52 AM, x105Black said:

Voltron's new season drops today, I'm hoping for a LEGO announcement.

Alas, too much to hope for.

At this point I'm expecting an SDCC announcement. A set like this would definitely make a splash among the adult nerd demographic of SDCC. They could even potentially do an early release for con attendees—that could definitely lure fans to Lego's booth, especially if either the project creator or designer were on hand to sign the sets.

The International Space Station by XCLD just achieved support.  Since this is the second XCLD ISS to achieve support, I hope they produce it this time.  (TLG rejected the first one.)  However, they probably don't want to make another NASA-related Ideas set, and they have rejected multiple items from the same creator before.  (See: multiple RobenAnne buildings, multiple Bricksauria and Jurassic Park builds.)  We'll see what happens.

On 6/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, Lyichir said:

Alas, too much to hope for.

At this point I'm expecting an SDCC announcement. A set like this would definitely make a splash among the adult nerd demographic of SDCC. They could even potentially do an early release for con attendees—that could definitely lure fans to Lego's booth, especially if either the project creator or designer were on hand to sign the sets.

Yeah, a little wishful thinking on my part.  Hoping to hear something soon!

2 hours ago, icm said:

The International Space Station by XCLD just achieved support.  Since this is the second XCLD ISS to achieve support, I hope they produce it this time.  (TLG rejected the first one.)  However, they probably don't want to make another NASA-related Ideas set, and they have rejected multiple items from the same creator before.  (See: multiple RobenAnne buildings, multiple Bricksauria and Jurassic Park builds.)  We'll see what happens.

Here's the project in question for those wondering:

LEGO Ideas - International Space Station 

4856888-o_1bt2h7ehm2o61l3g1lia1uqr1bbho-

Yep. It’s quite beautiful. I hope it gets approved (it’s possible the previous one was declined simply for not being a sturdy build at the size it was; this smaller-scale version might fare better).

Of course, I’d also like to see the Falcon Heavy approved as well, and it might be a bit much to hope for multiple projects dealing just just with scientific exploration and research, but specifically with real-world space exploration to get through a single shared review, especially when they’ve done several already (not one but two of which are still recent enough to be in store shelves even now). But you never know.

Hey, guys. Just to let everyone know, LEGO Ideas is going offline for an update on June 26 at 6AM PST/9AM EST for an approximately 12-hour period. I wonder what the update will be?

It says 'scheduled maintenance' they don't normally shut it down to make an announcement, do they?

1 hour ago, LucyCol said:

It says 'scheduled maintenance' they don't normally shut it down to make an announcement, do they?

Let's just wait and see what's new for LEGO Ideas.

They’ve shut it down for maintenance before, like any other website. I think some of the times it came back it was with new tweaks and enhancements, though I don’t recall if every planned temporary outage had one.

There are lots of little site tweaks they could do to improve usability. One I’ve wanted for a while is the ability, when looking at lists of projects via the Discover page, to be able to exclude ones that one has already supported. For those of us who have already supported lots of projects, it would make looking for new ones a lot easier.

On 6/15/2018 at 4:52 AM, x105Black said:

Voltron's new season drops today, I'm hoping for a LEGO announcement.

Dude I'm starting to think this Voltron set was a hoax :laugh:

It's been almost a year since it got approved

At this point most of fans already forgot it was coming

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Dude I'm starting to think this Voltron set was a hoax :laugh:

It's been almost a year since it got approved

At this point most of fans already forgot it was coming

It's coming pretty darn soon. :classic:

It was suggested that the reveal could be at a comic con. If so, there had better not be an exclusive Voltron minifig to accompany such an announcement...

Or I will be fuming!:damn:

Oh good god thanks for the info!

Plot twistthey made the set but as a poly of 60 pieces :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

Lego Ideas is now back up and running. It has been completely overhauled and re-designed. I think I prefer the new style actually. 

It looks great but I found something odd

Now you can't sort the results by "most supported"

Edited by Robert8

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

It looks great but I found something odd

Now you can't sort the results by "most supported"

Well I'm liking it at the minute as my project is showing up close to the top of the homepage. :sweet:

Another weird thing I've noticed is that the number of people following me seems to have dropped down slightly. When I do a search for the missing people it seems as if they've disappeared from Lego Ideas completely and are no longer on it.

And another thing... it seems as if you can't check how many page views each project has had anymore.