The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

And to think they almost went with yellow for Spider-Man 2! :wacko:

SMan3.jpg

God, that's ugly.

I like the yellow for LEGO's minifigures not based on anything but with licensed properties apart from Simpsons it really doesn't work.

People is going crazy with the Rolling BB8 set

It's already at 6000

At this rate, it will get the 10000 supporters before this week ends

Edited by Robert8

The Rolling BB8 set is fascinating. I'm no Star Wars fan at all but nonetheless this set left me amazed, especially after seeing the short demonstration video.

It will hit 10000 supporters by the end of the week ... I'm usually not making assumptions but this has a very very very good chance of passing the review stage and become an official Ideas set.

I'd buy it day one!

this has a very very very good chance of passing the review stage and become an official Ideas set.

Agree.

Except if LEGO has something like this already on the works.

Agree.

Except if LEGO has something like this already on the works.

When I first saw this project I didn't believe this was made 100% out of LEGO pieces - never seen the big rounded pieces plus the magnets before.

If those speciality pieces aren't in production then it might not have a chance of passing no matter how good people believe it to be. I personally yawn at all Star Wars sets.

If those speciality pieces aren't in production then it might not have a chance of passing no matter how good people believe it to be.

That's true of any piece, of course.

Those parts are likely still available, as they were introduced only in 2012, I believe, and still produced into the following year. I know they got rid of a lot of old specialized molds in the early/mid-2000s, but I don't know about any big mold purge in the last three years.

But nevertheless that BB-8 is on a roll.

image.jpg1_5.jpg

BB-8 is cool. I would love to have one but looking at the photos...I see old fashioned magnets.

LEGO has done away with that style of magnet used in the BB-8 since 2009(?). They can be a safety and liability concern. There have been cases other toy companies being sued over children swallowing small magnets. Swallowing more than one can cause pinching of the bowel walls. That could cause a blockage or tearing of the walls which can potentially be deadly. Surgery is needed to remove.

BB-8 is cool. I would love to have one but looking at the photos...I see old fashioned magnets.

LEGO has done away with that style of magnet used in the BB-8 since 2009(?). They can be a safety and liability concern. There have been cases other toy companies being sued over children swallowing small magnets. Swallowing more than one can cause pinching of the bowel walls. That could cause a blockage or tearing of the walls which can potentially be deadly. Surgery is needed to remove.

Yup. That represents a far more critical risk for this project than any other new molds. The only magnetic parts used in modern sets are train couplings, and those are now designed with the magnet fully encased in plastic and attached to a much larger preassembled part. And this project literally can not be made without magnets—they're integral to the functionality of the project, and this project is only succeeding to the extent it is on the back of that functionality. If not for those magnets, this project might have a greater chance of success than any other Star Wars project ever posted to Ideas, thanks to the wellspring of support. But because of them, it has a snowball's chance in hell of passing review.

They no longer make the planet dome pieces either, but if the idea works well enough, it's not completely impossible they make a specialty magnet piece for that, it's just mostly impossible.

I'm sure they could bring back the dome if they wanted to, but I do think the magnet issue is a likely obstacle.

I knew the Caterham was going to pass the review

But Adventure Time?

Hmmm..... well...

2363277-o_1adiu8fr1vkdpug1p4u1kn0ocjp.jpg

Edited by Robert8

Adventure Time?

Hmmm..... well...

I have only watched a few Adventure Time episodes, but i am happy to see a LEGO Adventure Time set on the way.

Edited by Ordinareo

Oh and the Little Prince set got rejected

That guy is going to kill himself :sceptic:

Oh and the Little Prince set got rejected

That guy is going to kill himself :sceptic:

That has to suck. I read the book and hate that it didn't get approved.

Edited by Ordinareo

The car looks cool but Adventure Time? Not really impressed with that set. Also, why reject a modular library? Do they already have one or is it too complicated for the Ideas price point? Last question, wasn't Stay Puft on there for a long time and they just now rejected it?

Edited by Tech Artist

Hooray, AT! I stopped caring about the show a while back but it's cool to see it finally happening. That and the Dimensions packs.

Oh, and a car, cool.

Can't wait to see the next set be announced ;)

I never thought that the Caterham project would pass the review stage and become the next Ideas set ... AMAZING!!!