The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

Guys, that's never going to happen anyway. Trump wouldn't get this set. He doesn't have the balls for it.

I laughed harder that I should've.

The particle accelerator seems interesting. Looks a bit too big though. Would probably buy it if turned into a set as I supported it some months ago.

Doesn't change the expectation that the accelerator project will fail, but that is a cool video to go with it.

In other, shameless self-plugging news, my project was advertised by a game site today and got almost 800 supporters in about an hour. I hit 1,000 late last night, and now I'm at about 1850! :grin:

Wow Cool which site, You sure are lucky, I would not have expect a roblox project to reach the mark (it didn't yet anyway), there are a lot of roblox haters out there, don't know why; I sure do like roblox, it is a nice idea.

Hey, the 'win a free set' survey is back. Has anyone ever won it?

About that, I took the survey, and it is still on my homepage, thinking it might not have registered, or I wasn't logged in or something.

Oh and YES the Orrery sure is awesome. I loved it.

One more thing, I think if the minifig mech gets more coverage, I can see it being made into a set. It looks very kids friendly.

Wow Cool which site, You sure are lucky, I would not have expect a roblox project to reach the mark (it didn't yet anyway), there are a lot of roblox haters out there, don't know why; I sure do like roblox, it is a nice idea.

ROBLOX themselves! :grin: Also, hit 2k yesterday! :laugh:

I guess the Big BangTheory set hasn't been a very good seller, on sale now for about $12 off regular price.

Edited by BirdOPrey5

Having the worst price per brick count of an Ideas set hasn't been helping it. I know minifigure count helps to offset that, but none of the minifigures are all that inspired. At the current discounted price, the set is now something I might consider.

I guess the Big BangTheory set hasn't been a very good seller, on sale now for about $12 off regular price.

Well, it has also been around for a while. I imagine it's done all right for most of that time.

Well, it has also been around for a while. I imagine it's done all right for most of that time.

Eh, it's been out since August, and I believe it went on sale... last month? That's not very long. :look:

Eh, it's been out since August, and I believe it went on sale... last month? That's not very long. :look:

Compared to the NASA / JPL MARS Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover? Or the Research Institute? it's been out literally dozens of times as long as their entire windows of availability (in the U.S., at least).

But yeah, I'd forgotten that it didn't become available until August. Fair enough. Assuming it wasn't discounted in January, it's been available at full price for a little over six months - the lower end of the scale for licensed Ideas sets, true, but the upper end for non-licensed ones, it seems. It's pretty much right in the middle, actually (and it's been out for a period comparable to what the Exo Suit was).

I have no doubt it hasn't sold as well as the DeLorean time machine, the Ectomobile, the TARDIS, the Minecraft Micro-world, etc., but I imagine it's done okay. I suspect it's done better than Birds, which is a set I think might have been more admired than actually purchased (I'm very sorry to say I haven't gotten it myself yet, and I know it's sold out from LEGO, though I'm hopeful I may be able to pick it up elsewhere).

I'm mulling over The Big Bang Theory now myself. If I liked the show more, the set would be a clear must-have, but my feelings about the show are a bit mixed. I think the set is lovely, though, and I'd like to have it for the parts selection at the very least, if not for itself. As it is, it currently has the distinction of being the only minifigures-including CUUSOO / Ideas set that I haven't gotten, so far.

I bought Big Bang Theory because I love the show and love the parts selection.

I also own Doctor Who, the Exo-Suit, the Ecto-1 and the DeLorean. I wanted the Research Institute but it went from "not yet available" to "totally sold out" on Shop @ Home for Australia when I was out doing stuff and I was unable to get one :(

Ok, now THAT is cool.

Never seen the first movies but that looks like a good LEGO set. I don't think it'll be accepted though, the past few JP projects (funnily enough all submitted by the same guy.) have all been rejected.

It's too big and licensed.... I don't think it'll pass

But yeah, it looks cool

I wanted the Research Institute but it went from "not yet available" to "totally sold out" on Shop @ Home for Australia when I was out doing stuff and I was unable to get one :(

You can still by them on the internet for $50. Bricklink around $34.00 though with shipping you may pay, it may be cheaper from sites like Walmart.

Edit: Google shopping results: http://tinyurl.com/h62b62y

Edited by Tech Artist

I managed to acquire the unique lab coat torso from the Research Institute which was the main thing I wanted from the set (only other thing I would want would be the printed star chart and maybe the dinosaur tail bone piece but I dont want either of those badly enough to spend a chunk of change on buying an RI from overseas)

It's too big and licensed.... I don't think it'll pass

But yeah, it looks cool

You're probably right but I just really want to see a LEGO set based on the original Jurassic Park trilogy.

You're probably right but I just really want to see a LEGO set based on the original Jurassic Park trilogy.

FWIW, there actually were a couple, way back in the early 2000s. They were less sophisticated design-wise than we might expect now, of course, and they were also a subtheme of the LEGO Studios line, meaning they didn't directly depict scenes from the movies, but rather the making of those scenes (with film crewmembers and all). Also, there just aren't many of them. But they do exist, at least.

FWIW, there actually were a couple, way back in the early 2000s. They were less sophisticated design-wise than we might expect now, of course, and they were also a subtheme of the LEGO Studios line, meaning they didn't directly depict scenes from the movies, but rather the making of those scenes (with film crewmembers and all). Also, there just aren't many of them. But they do exist, at least.

I bet they were yellow skinned though as opposed to flesh heads.

The Visitor Center is really cool- I hope it gets approved, They would have to add a jeep or Ford Explorer to make it complete, though.

Edited by mediumsnowman

I bet they were yellow skinned though as opposed to flesh heads.

Oh, indeed. This was one of four licensed franchises featuring human characters that TLG developed sets and themes around using traditional yellow-"skinned" minifigures, before adopting realistic fleshtones in 2003/2004; the other three were Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Spider-Man (based on the first couple movies in the Raimi / Maguire Spidey trilogy), and all three of them continued right from yellow minifigures in 2003 to "fleshies" the following year. Jurassic Park, unlike the other three, was already gone by '03/'04, so until last year's revival with Jurassic World, it was unique among licensed themes with human minifigures in having exclusively yellow people. As of some months ago, of course, that's no longer the case.

Oh, indeed. This was one of four licensed franchises featuring human characters that TLG developed sets and themes around using traditional yellow-"skinned" minifigures, before adopting realistic fleshtones in 2003/2004; the other three were Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Spider-Man (based on the first couple movies in the Raimi / Maguire Spidey trilogy), and all three of them continued right from yellow minifigures in 2003 to "fleshies" the following year. Jurassic Park, unlike the other three, was already gone by '03/'04, so until last year's revival with Jurassic World, it was unique among licensed themes with human minifigures in having exclusively yellow people. As of some months ago, of course, that's no longer the case.

Thank God they introduced flesh tones. Just looked at the yellow-skinned Spider-Man figures and they somehow look worse than the Harry Potter ones. The flesh versions of both are massive improvements IMO.