The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

I don't get why they don't reject all Ghostbusters (there's another HQ almost at 10K...) and Star Wars, LotR, all that.

Why should they?

Why should they?

Agreed. The fact that they have not approved anything from those licenses does not mean there's no possible case where they would.

Also, I highly doubt any of the large dinosaur models will be approved. I don't think there's any hope for the Indominus Rex.

Edited by x105Black

Agreed. The fact that they have not approved anything from those licenses does not mean there's no possible case where they would.

Also, I highly doubt any of the large dinosaur models will be approved. I don't think there's any hope for the Indominus Rex.

I must agree. They already shot down T-Rex, which was a much more recognized dinosaur. Also, they already made the IR in the last wave of Jurassic World sets, which had a relatively small and limited presence on the shelves.

I must agree. They already shot down T-Rex, which was a much more recognized dinosaur. Also, they already made the IR in the last wave of Jurassic World sets, which had a relatively small and limited presence on the shelves.

Not as a LEGO set though. I'd love to be able to build the Indominus Rex.

But the thing is, I don't even think he actually ever plans to do instructions on such a big set. I suppose he could give out the files though, because, even he didn't build the real thing, and it was just digital.

Edited by hadidi1999

But the thing is, I don't even think he actually ever plans to do instructions on such a big set. I suppose he could give out the files though, because, even he didn't build the real thing, and it was just digital.

He wouldn't even need to do instructions. That's up to whoever would design the set to make it viable for a official LEGO release.

The Particle accelerator reached 10,000, And I was the first one to say "1 left," How interesting.

He wouldn't even need to do instructions. That's up to whoever would design the set to make it viable for a official LEGO release.

I meant if it was not released, or should I say approved.

The Ideas team is working pretty slow in my opinion, we have been waiting for the results to be announced for a long time now ... where is it??? Also what about the Ideas Maze set, I mean come on TLG???

The Ideas team is working pretty slow in my opinion, we have been waiting for the results to be announced for a long time now ... where is it??? Also what about the Ideas Maze set, I mean come on TLG???

I know Emmi, Everyone is waiting, not just you.

@Robert8, Yet somehow it managed to reach 10000 with 9 months left.

@Robert8, Yet somehow it managed to reach 10000 with 9 months left.

He was mocking CM4Sci in that post. Hence the quotation marks followed by a laughing clipart thing.

There is another LEGO Ideas project being heavily promoted on media and is from.................................................................. Star Wars. (Shocking, right?)

http://www.toynews-o...go-ideas/046128

http://www.ibtimes.c...y-rolls-1546342

http://lego.gizmodo....8-us-1761492071

The rolling BB8 was just posted this week and it will achieve the 10k milestone soon for sure!

Edited by Robert8

I saw that and supported it! It looks pretty good, and looks like it works really nice. Surprised they're all LEGO pieces, I do remember having one of those magnets.

In other, shameless self-plugging news, my project was advertised by a game site today and got almost 800 supporters in about an hour. I hit 1,000 late last night, and now I'm at about 1850! :grin:

I can't think of a more appropriate forum for it, so I'll post this beseech here:

JK Brickworks, you have got to put your Orrery on Ideas.

It's incredible and would make an amazing set. I think it would be the best Ideas set ever.

That is all.

A member on BZPower pointed out a possible grounds for rejection for the particle accelerator that hasn't really applied to most other projects—it could be a potential safety hazard. Improper construction or modification of the model could essentially turn it into a railgun that could hit someone in the eye with the ball (and we know how Lego is about that). Decreasing the speed of the ball could potentially eliminate that issue but would also severely inhibit the effectiveness of the function. Ultimately Lego might not consider the risk to be worth it, especially since it is already a somewhat niche project in the grand scheme of things.

A couple of us had already mentioned safety as a possible point of concern for the project, though we may not have made it clear why.

At least we know it would be useful for hitting Donald Trump in the eye.

The Secret Service wil jump in front of it. They'll have to take the ball for President Trump.

The Secret Service wil jump in front of it. They'll have to take the ball for President Trump.

Well, if they want to be spoilsports... :tongue:

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523