The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

Another set where its obviously not suitable for an Ideas set just by looking at it...

I dont get why LEGO doesn't just ban Star Wars sets from Ideas. Its clear they would probably never make one...

Another set where its obviously not suitable for an Ideas set just by looking at it...

I dont get why LEGO doesn't just ban Star Wars sets from Ideas. Its clear they would probably never make one...

That would kill the dream! If LEGO were to specifically state that Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Etc. sets had little to no chance, or weren't even allowed, the amount of consistent supporters on Ideas would drop significantly.

Being clear they would probably not make one isn't the same as it being flat-out impossible. It's within the realm of possibility they might approve one someday.

If LEGO already has an overlap concept, the 10K votes could be used an indicator it might worthwhile to proceed with their own concept. Then you get the they stole my Idea complaints.

There could still be that slim odd chance your Idea hasn't been thought up by one of their 200 or so designers. Where there is New Hope, there is Star Wars. :classic:

Projects based on current LEGO licenses have an even higher potential for overlap.

We welcome projects based on current licenses like Star Wars, Superheroes, Disney, etc., However, these active licenses are likely to have similar concepts already in the pipeline. Please keep in mind that a project based on an existing LEGO license has a smaller chance of passing the LEGO Review than other projects.

IMO, the biggest problem with LEGO Ideas is that people don't know the difference between a set and a MOC

IMO, the biggest problem with LEGO Ideas is that people don't know the difference between a set and a MOC

That's one of the 2 biggest problems. The other is that people don't know the difference between a set and an incoherent random mess of bricks and minifigures.

In other words, some projects are way too good for Ideas, and others are way too bad.

But yet, they are all ideas. Interesting how that works.

A single red brick would be an idea, but that doesn't mean it would be suitable for Ideas.

:tongue:

I actually just put up a project that I designed as a set based off of a game-making site with a giant community. :grin: It's doing pretty well! Front page for a few days.

I wish more people submitted realistic "set-like" projects, like I do, that's like my main thing when making a MOC, is it make it feel like an official LEGO product. I know some guy did that with Home Alone, ET, and something else, I think his name was TJSpencer?? Too bad his projects never took off except the giant museum that hit 10k.

Edited by CM4Sci

I actually just put up a project that I designed as a set based off of a game-making site with a giant community. :grin:

I wish more people submitted realistic "set-like" projects, like I do, that's like my main thing when making a MOC, is it make it feel like an official LEGO product. I know some guy did that with Home Alone, ET, and something else, I think his name was TJSpencer?? Too bad his projects never took off except the giant museum that hit 10k.

Definitely agree with this. Playlets are just more ascetically pleasing to look at for me, and I don't like those ridiculous, oversized "Ultra" sets that cost $250 plus.

Alas, the trend on Ideas is "Go big or go home", and the people there still don't realize that their massive creation will never make it, no matter how good it looks.

A single red brick would be an idea, but that doesn't mean it would be suitable for Ideas.

:tongue:

I think someone here on Eurobricks actually did that. It was pretty good, actually.

I'm still waiting for someone to submit a project including Mr. Gold

74e80707f9662359f0c94345b8b73617.jpg

That way, they would have to re-release him :tongue:

The life-sized Artoo is a nice start, but I think it doesn't go far enough. I think I should submit a project for all the Rebel heroes as they appear in the victory celebration at Yavin, all life-sized - life-sized Artoo, life-sized Threepio, life-sized Luke, life-sized Leia, life-sized Han, life-sized Chewie, life-sized Dodonna, etc., plus the steps for them to stand on. That's a set we all really need, and I'm sure TLG can pull it off in under five million pieces. And hey, no new prints needed, even! It's a shoo-in!

I actually just put up a project that I designed as a set based off of a game-making site with a giant community. :grin: It's doing pretty well! Front page for a few days.

Yeah, and it made it on the blog of that website, too. Congrats. :laugh:

But how would I know? :wink:

It's in the "Popular this week" section!

Congratulations!

It's in the "Popular this week" section!

Congratulations!

Thanks! :blush:

Debating whether or not a thread about it would be looked down upon... I need to keep advertising it somehow.

I was actually rewatching the last review announcement, the one where nothing passed. This company was extremely willing to promote this, they put it on their blog, a lot of the developers retweeted it/posted about it, they even had a LEGO Ideas contest in 2014 which I entered and was a finalist, but they never chose a winner and submitted a project so that's why I'm doing this. :tongue:

Thanks! :blush:

Debating whether or not a thread about it would be looked down upon... I need to keep advertising it somehow.

I was actually rewatching the last review announcement, the one where nothing passed. This company was extremely willing to promote this, they put it on their blog, a lot of the developers retweeted it/posted about it, they even had a LEGO Ideas contest in 2014 which I entered and was a finalist, but they never chose a winner and submitted a project so that's why I'm doing this. :tongue:

I hope you make it, these two subjects go together really well

I think someone here on Eurobricks actually did that. It was pretty good, actually.

Thats me!

Anyway, I haven't sent a serious prodject to Ideas yet. I'm fine tunning a few, making them both resonable size/ proboble price, and have apealling features.

Aha! So you're the culprit who submitted a brick!

That was a good one. I enjoyed it.

I think you should try it again. Maybe the 2x4 was too large to be an Ideas set. Maybe try a 2x2 this time instead.

Aha! So you're the culprit who submitted a brick!

That was a good one. I enjoyed it.

I think you should try it again. Maybe the 2x4 was too large to be an Ideas set. Maybe try a 2x2 this time instead.

Yes! :laugh:

The Maze set is getting a bit too much grief back on Brickset. For shame, I don't think they actually see past the piece count and price.

I just saw that the project reached 10k in September 2014, was announced as a set in May 2015, and is going to be released just about a year later. Why does this process take so long? Seriously. It shouldn't. It really shouldn't.

Wasn't Ghostbusters announced and then revealed super quick? Why can't it be like that?