The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

The Physics is something quite new and fresh, I wouldn't mind seeing those.

That said, Adventure Time does stand a good chance of getting through.

I'd much prefer an Adventure Time theme with minifigures than these brick-built characters, but if this gets the licensing started I'm all for it.

I find the actual Reddit post much less interesting than Mark Stafford's response to a commenter there.

It gives a much fuller picture of the actual timeframe involved in the production of the Ghostbusters Firehouse, thoroughly debunking the idea that it was in any way "ripping off" the Ideas proposal. Apparently development of the headquarters building started before the Ecto 1 was even announced to pass review (likely to help determine just how big they could make the Ecto 1 and still have it fit in a feasibly-scaled firehouse, and to figure out where else they could take the theme from the initial debut as an Ideas set).

Edited by Lyichir

Hmm... you know, thinking about it, what if we get the Adventure Time Dimensions packs (we will) but the Ideas project isn't accepted? Would that kinda cause some drama?

I find the actual Reddit post much less interesting than Mark Stafford's response to a commenter there.

Interesting stuff. What's more interesting is Stafford seemingly asking people if they want to see never-before seen prototypes, which I'm sure would get a yes from everyone here. :grin:

Interesting stuff. What's more interesting is Stafford seemingly asking people if they want to see never-before seen prototypes, which I'm sure would get a yes from everyone here. :grin:

I've actually got a whole file in my computer dedicated to LEGO prelims. Just a fun thing to collect. :tongue:

I would love to see prelims of the Firehouse.

Hmm... you know, thinking about it, what if we get the Adventure Time Dimensions packs (we will) but the Ideas project isn't accepted? Would that kinda cause some drama?

No drama from me. I'd be happy because minifigure scale is what we should get. Also, there have been Adventure Time proposals that got shot down before, so we can assume they have a relationship (especially considering their relationship with Cartoon Network).

I have no idea what "Adventure Time" even is- from the last post, apparently a show on Cartoon Network. Pass.

It's a fairly popular surreal adventure-comedy. I've only seen a couple episodes, but It seems pretty fun. I still manage to keep putting off getting into it, though.

Well, here are the projects for which we're anticipating results next:

F7A Hornet

Brick-built Adventure Time figures

Caterham Super Seven

Modular Library

Lothlorien

LEGO Physics

Ghostbusters: Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Indominus Rex

The Hobbit - Rivendell

The Little Prince

Any of those strike your fancy? Honestly, I like all of them myself, but I think the Adventure Time project is the one I'm most hoping for.

Personal opinions on all of these:

F7A Hornet: I think if this was an original idea and not from a video game, it would pass no doubt. It still has a good chance IMO. I'd buy one, it would look good next to the Exo Suit.

Brickbuilt Adventure Time figures: I don't know anything about the show. I've heard it's pretty popular though. No doubt lots of fans would buy the set, but Lego might want to do traditional sets with minifigs for this one.

Caterham Super Seven: No. It's too big. Plus Lego already has a big car set out right now.

Modular Library: Love it, but too big. Though I could see a library Modular in a couple of years. (After people forget about this project though.)

Lothlorien: I would love this to death, but it's simply too big and it is from an existing (well now you could say past) license. Would be great if this showed Lego that demand is still there for Middle Earth stuff.

Lego Physics: Personally I'm not very interested in this. And they'd have to make a big set to make something cool. After the Marble Maze I guess it's possible.

Stay Puft Marshmallow Man: this will not pass for the same reasons as Lothlorien. Though, I hate to say this since I'm a huge fan of WetWired and what he's done, but...kinda hoping eventually Lego makes their own.

Indominus Rex: Too big, existing license. Enough said.

Rivendell: I feel a sense of deja vu.

Little Prince: maybe. I feel like not enough people know about it to be successful.

I would really love that Little Prince set. I think the fact that it got enough votes should show that there is enough interest to warrant its release.

Edited by x105Black

My thoughts:

F7A Hornet. I suspect LEGO is waiting to see what the game ends up as before making a decision on this (if the game ends up being too violent or ends up with "mature" age ratings, they wont want to make the set). That or they are waiting to see if Star Citizen is popular enough for a LEGO set to be viable. (or possibly they are still trying to secure a license but haven't yet hit the point where they have been rejected totally)

Adventure Time would work much better as minifigs. I cant see brick built figs being acceptable to Warner Bros and Cartoon Network.

Caterham Super 7 is far too big and LEGO already has its own plans going forward for both Speed Champions and their large-scale cars (including the big Technic Porsche set for later in the year)

Modular Library is a bit big (even by modular standards) plus there is probably a fixed upper limit on just how big an Ideas set can get given the accelerated production schedule of Ideas sets (something like the Brick Bank would have had its production planned out for quite a whole before it got announced as a set).

Lothlorian is just far too big (and the last waves of LOTR and Hobbit were flops)

LEGO Physics is too big and too niche as a product (if you think about how much that would cost as a set vs what similar non-LEGO toys cost, it just doesn't make sense for LEGO to produce)

Stay Puft I could see being a viable set with a small downsizing (not enough that its not the original creator's idea anymore but enough to make it a producible set at a price point of $70 or $80 US or so especially given the renewed interest in Ghostbusters (I would certainly buy one). Or it could be that they have their own plans for a Mr Stay Puft set at some point in the future (not connected to the Ideas project) just as was the case for the GBHQ.

Indomius Rex is far too big to make into a set plus there is the license factor (they rejected the T-Rex and it was both smaller and had no license attached)

Rivendel, like Lothlorian is far too big and from a theme that didn't sell.

The Little Price would be awesome but I dont know if its popular enough to be a viable item (there was a 3D animated cartoon based on it done a while back but I cant find any information about it, pitty since I would love to watch the whole thing)

The Little Price would be awesome but I dont know if its popular enough to be a viable item (there was a 3D animated cartoon based on it done a while back but I cant find any information about it, pitty since I would love to watch the whole thing)

An animated theatrical film was released in some countries last year and will be coming out in the United States this March. Not sure if that might make a big difference in its chances.

An animated theatrical film was released in some countries last year and will be coming out in the United States this March. Not sure if that might make a big difference in its chances.

I look forward to it, as I've been a fan of this story since childhood. Loved the book and old animated cartoon.

I look forward to it, as I've been a fan of this story since childhood. Loved the book and old animated cartoon.

I love it too! I think I first read it in middle school and it really resonated with me. I never saw the cartoon, though.

I think the LEGO Ideas project looks pretty cool but before I heard about this movie I wasn't sure what its chances would be like. I hope the movie might help it pass review. :)

I can and will - April release. $70 USD. :classic:

I'm so much looking forward to this set - also great that the retail version does use "normal" bricks for the walls instead of the technic ones used in the submission. It will make it look a lot better.

Can't wait for the reveal, I suppose it's happening by the end of February.

I believe the Maze set will be fully revealed during New York Toy Fair next weekend.

Working on a big project right now, and I can't seem to upload images into the giant paragraph explaining what the project is.

RF5KSlp.png

I upload the image, and click 'Send it to the server' and it gives me an error page. What do I do?

I'm assuming that's what 'Send it to the server' is, but it just makes that little button show the error page.

Can you just upload the image and hit OK? Or do you have to hit the send to server?

Yeah you have to press send to server, if I press OK it tells me to paste a URL, which is a different tab because I don't want a URL I want a photo.

Yeah you have to press send to server, if I press OK it tells me to paste a URL, which is a different tab because I don't want a URL I want a photo.

Ok, I went to do this myself. You have to have one uploaded on the "Basics" tab, right click on the thumbnail and click copy image. Then go to the details tab, right click, and hit paste.