The Real Indiana Jones

LEGO Ideas Discussion

I see a downside to all the attention this will end up receiving when it's officially launched. If you thought the current ratio of 'junk' projects to 'proper' projects was bad, what happens when every kid who visits the Lego home page sees LEGO IDEAS plastered over every available white space? Cuusoo/Ideas needs a way to filter out those projects as fast as they can and to get it implemented ASAP.

As for the one year time limit, this is a good thing IMO. It keeps things moving along and will help with the clutter issue as I mentioned above. Perhaps the archived projects could be viewable on the author's profile?

It won't be much worse than it is now. Projects still pass through a basic screening that does eliminate the worst of the "non projects". That should not change.

I'm not seeing anything at that link that even closely ties to Lego or CuuSoo? Some sort of Gerbil in a cage? Am I missing something? :wacko:

Look above. The orange part. :wink:

It's the current notice on CUUSOO's website. Apparently it will go offline for eight hours in the next day or so, to prepare for the launch of Ideas.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Look above. The orange part. :wink:

It's the current notice on CUUSOO's website. Apparently it will go offline for eight hours in the next day or so, to prepare for the launch of Ideas.

For future reference, in the future you should use an image hosting service that makes the image the prominent part of the page such as imgur, or just deep link the image.

It took me a moment to see the new orange bar too... It says:

"Approximately 21:00 UTC, LEGO CUUSOO will go offline for an estimated seven or eight hours and be replaced with LEGO Ideas. Links to LEGO CUUSOO will automatically redirect to LEGO Ideas."

So I will take a look at midnight USA Time... Should be good!

Edited by The Real Indiana Jones

And we wait...

lego.cuusoo.com

I also see that their Twitter account was updated with a new design. I cannot wait for launch!

I wonder if the Ecto-1 and Exosuit will come out with CuuSoo or Ideas labeling on the boxes?

I wonder if the Ecto-1 and Exosuit will come out with CuuSoo or Ideas labeling on the boxes?

They'd probably let Brent/WetWired (Ecto-1 designer) know about that if communication is still ongoing, so maybe he can shed some light at some point.

Edited by Fritzy

I was talking to Tim Courtney yesterday. He said that the new Ideas labeling will be put on all sets moving forward. I assume that includes Ghostbusters and Exo Suit, as well.

I was talking to Tim Courtney yesterday. He said that the new Ideas labeling will be put on all sets moving forward. I assume that includes Ghostbusters and Exo Suit, as well.

That will be quite impressive on the LEGO Group's part. I've known a lot of sets' packaging to include out-of-date ads. Just think about the ads on 2009 Space Police boxes for "LEGO Space: The Video Game" (which I'm guessing ended up expanding in scope and becoming LEGO Battles, since the LEGO Battles site used the same "Space" logo as those ads) and the ads on 2012 Ninjago boxes for LEGO Universe, which was shut down permanently the same month those sets were officially released.

Of course, both of those are examples of "the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing". Video games are handled by a completely different branch of the LEGO Group than development for either of those themes. Whereas LEGO Cuusoo/LEGO Ideas is the starting point for sets like the Exo-Suit and Ghostbusters sets, and that branch probably remains intimately involved throughout the development process. So the packaging for those sets very well might break from tradition and be accurate to a recent change that, until recently, was not known to the general public.

Yay! If the boxes say "Lego Ideas" on them, then it will nudge more fans toward the site... The box art and "Ideas" logo should show up in the print catalog too, I suppose...!

I'm excited! :laugh:

I'm having trouble finding the verification email to import my CUUSOO account. It's not in my Spam folder...

The new site looks great, though!

-Sci

I guess we all are going to have fun earning our 'Clutch Power' points eh ? :laugh:

Pity the points can't be back dated into the Cuusoo era.....bummer. :cry_sad:

Edit - did you know you can support your own projects ! :laugh:

Edited by lightningtiger

I'm having trouble finding the verification email to import my CUUSOO account. It's not in my Spam folder...

-Sci

Same. I tried like, four times and the email wouldn't resend.

Otherwise, the design of the site is slick!

Liking the cleaner design and the focus on time left with listings. It's also easier to access projects that are presently in review and those that have achieved 10,000 supporters for the next period (through the 'Most Supported' filter), and I know that's a complaint that was had (and shared by me) with the previous setup.

Mine came instantly.

The new site looks great. A lot of things have been improved on since I tested it early on. Here's to a new era of LEGO crowdsourcing! :laugh:

-Sci

Mine came instantly. You sure you're checking the right email account?

Just realized that the process for indicating support has also been revamped, and for the better. Now it's in the form of a survey that really simplifies things, as it takes the thought out of questions like estimating a good price point. The comment box has also been removed — if you want to leave a comment, you can do so on the physical page for all (especially the creator) to see. Good move on their part.

These new house rules are great. The project guidelines have answered many of my questions on what is presentable and acceptable as a Lego Idea.

I encounter errors when trying to follow someone using Firefox, but I found that it does work with Chrome. Oh and also the Discover page is not loading for my on Firefox, but does in Chrome. Maybe it is my system though.

Edited by dvsntt

I had no problem moving over and setting up my account on Ideas, and I'm using Safari on an iPhone. I'm looking forward to seeing the site on a full-blown PC screen, as soon as I get home from work.