Sign in to follow this  
ellerb

Brickworld Chicago 2014 - Pirate Collaboration

Hi everyone,

I will be the Pirates coordinator again this year at Brickworld.

Please check out the 2014 Brickworld Chicago information:

• Date: Wednesday, June 11 - Sunday, June 15

• Registration cost: $50 (all access) $70 (full registration – ability to display creations, free goody bag, eligible for prizes, raffles, and awards)

• Hotel room costs: $129 per night (Please be aware that you have to
through Brickworld to get the special discounted rate. These rooms will sell out well in advance of the convention dates)

The Pirate layout will again include underwater scenes in addition to islands and a volcano. Please feel free to bring any type of pirate mocs including ships, islands, forts, sea creatures, boats.

Do not forget to register your mocs on the Brickworld website. Click the “Pirate Collaboration” checkbox when registering. Thanks!

Questions, concerns, comments, or suggestions about the display can be posted in this thread or sent to me via pm or email. Thank you.

Ben Ellermann

Brickworld Pirates Coordinator

Thank you sharing! thumbup.gif

We can blog this on Classic-Pirates.com for additional exposure - is there a logo, photo or graphic we can use in the blog post?

Ooo! Seems fun!

It's my first time attenting Brickworld this year, and this seems like it would be a fun way to contribute--even if I'd likely only be able to muster a small ship or something. I remember seeing pictures of the underwater scene from last year I think; would it be of a similar height? (Ergo, what would the height limit be for something "underwater"?)

And don't forget to take plenty of pictures during the event for those people who can't make it there but would love to see it anyway pirate_laugh2.gif .

We can blog this on Classic-Pirates.com for additional exposure - is there a logo, photo or graphic we can use in the blog post?

I suggest using the Brickworld logo for a blog post. You can find one example here: http://brickworldbts.blogspot.com/

Thank you for blogging about the event.

It's my first time attenting Brickworld this year, and this seems like it would be a fun way to contribute--even if I'd likely only be able to muster a small ship or something. I remember seeing pictures of the underwater scene from last year I think; would it be of a similar height? (Ergo, what would the height limit be for something "underwater"?)

Small ships would definitely be welcome. The underwater sea would have a similar height of approximately 6 bricks. I will double check this measurement.

And don't forget to take plenty of pictures during the event for those people who can't make it there but would love to see it anyway

We will certainly take numerous pictures of the display to share.

Thanks!

Ben

I'm confused - is this collaboration the same as the one in this thread: http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=95868 ?

Never mind, I figured it out. I'm bailing on the Pirate collaboration for this year. I had registered a MOC thinking I'd figure out how to make an existing MOC bigger and fit into Pirates later, but I am running out of time and still not even up on how to build water for the module I wanted to build.