xwingyoda

Garbage Truck (7991) Pic Review

Thanks for all your comments. I'm on a roll at the moment, so here is a continuation of My Merry Midsummer Month of Modification MOC Madness! One of the things I love about about being part of the Eurobricks community is that you guys are always full of good ideas!

Asuka, The reason I left off the mirrors is that I didn't want to lose the way those door-rail pieces overhang the windscreen - it's a sun visor I think, and is a feature I've noticed on real trucks of this type. I've now worked out a way to have both, so here is your suggestion in bricks, and an alternative idea of mine. I'm not sure which I like best at the moment.

690933267_711a0c3a8c_o.jpg

Marvinblue, I'd noticed that some of the studs get stuck when tipping them out, but hadn't thought of your neat solution which I've added here. I've also put in some 45 degree slopes on the tailgate, which help the studs slide in too.

690933739_7b5c8e0a49_o.jpg

And finally, the secret revealed: Here's how I attached the front and still left room for the passenger's legs. I thought this mod would be quite weak, but it's surprisingly stable when it's butted up against the windscreen like that.

691800504_211d138c34_o.jpg

That's all for today!

Very neat, and your idea for those mirrors is really sleek. *y*

Unveiled building secrets on! :-)

Very neat, and your idea for those mirrors is really sleek. *y*

Yes I think too, I find it better than the first solution, it's thiner.

I have bought this set and I would like to add that it is a very *sweet* set. I really *wub* the color scheme. I have modified this set though. My modification was redesigning the cab in order to seat two minifigs and extending the back to fit two axles instead of the one. The overall set was a good base to modify from.

Oh wow, nice wheelie bin. Simple, yet effective, and definitely recognisable as to what it is.

Here are my changes...

Dual rear axles, no fenders, added doors.

I'll have to add some of the other changes from this thread..

post-1934-1188698977_thumb.jpg

Garbage Truck (7991) Pic Review

Come on *yoda* , it's a recycling truck! Ya gotta think green! And don't try to come up with the excuse that you ARE literally green. :-P

At my place (and I suppose all over Germany as well) the cans look like this:

Steueramt_Abfallgeb_Muelltonne_schwarz.jpg

Hey, TLC - I said: They look like thi-his!!! (hint, hint) :-D

Here, we have 3 of those ones, but fatter, much fatter. One for trash, one for recycling , and then (wait for it!) one for yard waste! :-| How lame is that? Recycling is great, but yard waste?!!

Here are my changes...

Dual rear axles, no fenders, added doors.

I'll have to add some of the other changes from this thread..

u suck! i was going to add dual rear axles LOL. looks clean, makes me want to do it even more now. i have some more modifications (suttle but worthy).

Oh boy oh boy oh boy... This year has some really really really (really?) great looking sets. That garbage truck is just *wub* (jeez, how sick is that? :-P ) and those road building sets ans so on... Makes me wish I could get in that line, too. Too bad my finance couldn't possibly follow if I did...