xwingyoda

Garbage Truck (7991) Pic Review

index2.jpg

My townie fans, here is another little review of a fantastic little set: the amazing (NO, who said Spiderman ? :-D ) garbage truck !! Its yet another must buy set !!

Here are the usual booklet and puny DSS pics.

img_4285.jpg

img_4286.jpg

1/ Mfs and extras

I can rant abit on the lack of a second MF in that set: garbage trucks need to be operated by at least 2 persons (and in Paris, its 3): 1 driver & 1 garbage man. In that set, the same city employee needs to operate the truck, run and take the red cart on the roof, put the trash can on it, put grbage in the truck and put back the trash can & cart + reoperate the truck to the next stop !! G we really need a Caf�or that poor employee.

Apart from that, its a pretty classic MF (the green legs do make a slight changes from the orange). There is also a red cart, one trash can with lid + round 1x1 parts to simulate trash hehe !!

img_4287.jpg

img_4289.jpg

2/Truck

That truck is so well designed IMO and have a great colour scheme orange/white (too bad its not green like the one from Paris hehe). It also features a lot of playability. The truck is built in two parts: the truck & the trash container rear. Lets start with general pics.

img_4290.jpg

img_4291.jpg

img_4292.jpg

The front is pretty sweet with its two horns and 2 exhaust chimneys.

img_4293.jpg

img_4295.jpg

The rear trash area is greatly conceived !! Here is a general pic:

img_4297.jpg

You can notice that the red cart attaches on the roof of the Dumpster :-P

img_4298.jpg

There is a robot arm that takes the trash can to empty its content in the truck. Actually there is an extra robot arm and with an additional trash can from my collection, you see that 2 cans can be emptied in one single operation !!

img_4300.jpg

img_4301.jpg

img_4302.jpg

img_4303.jpg

Now, once the truck is full, it can get rid of its load (in designated areas off course hehe). The rear opens in two ways: first it lifts, then it opens. After that our faithfull employee can start all over again hehe !!

img_4304.jpg

img_4307.jpg

Untill my next review, cheers guys !!

Trash ON OFF !!

*yoda*

Set - *Drool* Just *drool*

Yoda - I hate you! You get this stuff so early! Ha at least I got the Fire 4x4 before you! (Got that in january!)

Ps - I dont want to sound mean, its just that it takes 3 monts for teh stuff to arrive here and they dont get SW sets here. Damn Malta...

A very nice set. And our garbage trucks are orange. :-P

Yep. A second MF should be included (and you

nice review *yoda*

it seems you can add classic white doors to the side of the cabin. just loose the panel and the 1x1 white brick underneath the slope and voil

"Play tape saying nice review *yoda*" yet again X-D! LEGO should run all their stuff thru you before it

Next issue of "Yodas review month". X-D

Thanks for reviewing. As you already pointed out: This one is a definite MUST BUY.

So I ordered mine at Amazon

Yet another stunning review, *yoda* . Lots of nice parts and a great MOC potential. :-)

I've noticed something with this years City sets.

Usually I buy sets for the parts, I might build them first and them disassemble them to make MOCs, but the 2007 line is different.

I think these models will stay original.. *wub*

Trash ON! (Man, I'm getting obsessed with those "Something ON!" phrases!) X-D

Thanks again for the review!

This garbage truck is really good! And a green one would have been better for me too! But we will not complain with this high level of quality design.

Can't wait for seeing those new sets on shelves

np *sweet* i'd also apply the sticker to the doors and not the panel. imo, that would be a perfect mod :-$

I just realized that if you put doors in the cabin, how/to what is the rear view mirror fixed then? 8-|

Yet another great review *yoda* . This is a definite buy on my list for 2007 *wub* . I think this color scheme looks pretty good too. I have two questions about this set: Do all the garbage trucks in Europe have a hand cart? Are they located on the roof, or was that Lego's idea? Model On.

I have two questions about this set: Do all the garbage trucks in Europe have a hand cart? Are they located on the roof, or was that Lego's idea? Model On.

In Norway, the trash cans have wheels.. 8-| No need for hand carts..

Wheeled garbage ON! X-D

Do all the garbage trucks in Europe have a hand cart?

At my place (and I suppose all over Germany as well) the cans look like this:

Steueramt_Abfallgeb_Muelltonne_schwarz.jpg

Hey, TLC - I said: They look like thi-his!!! (hint, hint) :-D

the set looks great!

a lovely truck design with good features

a must buy!

Thank you Holodoc & UniqueBuilder for the answer. The reason I asked was trash cans in the US look the same as yours. I have not seen a hand cart on our trucks either. Thanks again.

Soo completely ordered. This is a fantastic little set. I can't wait until it comes! Thank you for the review yoda!

Nice review Yoda *y*

Nice much orange *sweet*

I just realized that if you put doors in the cabin, how/to what is the rear view mirror fixed then? 8-|

nono you put the door after that brick. the rotating point of the door is at the back underneath the orange slope, so the doors swing open backwards, not forward, as in the classic cars

nono you put the door after that brick. the rotating point of the door is at the back underneath the orange slope, so the doors swing open backwards, not forward, as in the classic cars

It then has to be an english truck: Riding on the wrong side of the street, having doors alsoopening to the wrong side. :-/ *wacko* :-X

;-) :-P X-D

It then has to be an english truck: Riding on the wrong side of the street, having doors alsoopening to the wrong side. :-/ *wacko* :-X

;-) :-P X-D

:-P really? we don't have trucks with doors opening that way? hm... i may have to check... |-/

Not only does that brick upfront hold the rearview mirror but also the SNOT frontpiece. Removing the brick that holds it all together will require another brick like this (two of those are used now) to hold the front with the headlights.

I came across the same problem when making my european firetruck (the vehicle from the new firestation I based it on had the same problem), and solved it by putting one instead of two of those special bricks inside the cabin, in the middle next to the steering wheel. The design becomes less sturdy, but the car looks great with doors. The garbagetruck (13 euros right now here in Amsterdam!) has the same front.

p3164158.jpg_thumb.jpg

Click to enlarge.

I never thought I'd be excited about a garbage truck, amazing...

Great review as always *yoda*