RoxYourBlox

The Lawyer Laundromat

“The Lawyer Laundromat"

~ We clean away any trace of your money ~

flickr

This project started as an attempt to make the building across from St. Stephan's Cathedral in Austria (no particular reason other than it is aesthetically pleasing and colorful), but as with nearly all my projects it took its own direction after not too long. So without further ado, here are the pics:

Side:

13971209863_5db2f1a3f8_c.jpg

Top:

13948102112_82d591bf73_z.jpg

Interior:

13948095652_592df55a43_z.jpg

1st floor:

13971241623_0841c2ddb2_z.jpg

2nd floor:

13971247843_6bd524443c_z.jpg

3rd floor:

13971243183_1b7a264293_z.jpg

Roof:

13948100192_334a0be833_z.jpg

In my haste to photograph both this and our Pentagon, I forgot the obligatory shot with my family's minifigs standing in front (not to mention random minifigs in suits and maybe the CMF Judge)! Oops!

See you at Brickworld Chicago 2014!

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Cool. The only thing it needs, is a portalvator. Or are the lawyers too busy suing over the lack of it, for that to happen?

Portalvator n. A vertical transport device used in multi-storey buildings, using quantum transportation technology. A portmanteau of portal and elevator.

The minifig head/dollar sign billboard is my favourite part! Well done. :classic:

A nice building. The skylight also caught my attention immediately. But the dollar sign minifig head is a funny feature. - I also like the book shelves and the sofas.

Wow, this is such a great build. I can't stop looking at all the wonderfull details, the vibrant colours and the texture of it all. Superb!

Very,very, very nice! I am struck by the symetry, there are places where one cannot tell front from back from sides. So well thought out and executed.

Andy D

Great work! Interesting that you chose not to use studs between floors to secure the different levels...

Very,very, very nice! I am struck by the symetry, there are places where one cannot tell front from back from sides. So well thought out and executed.

Andy D

Ah, yes, as I was gathering input during the design process, L@go preferred the corner while Kristel wanted the side version. During another mock-up I copied 4 corners together and liked the effect enough that I downsized it to one 48x48. The floors are for the most part radially symmetrical, and I built everything in fours as I went along.

Great work! Interesting that you chose not to use studs between floors to secure the different levels...

Hidden beneath each floor are 4x4 corner plates to stack them in place.

Again: A lovely build. And even with that many different colours, it doesn't look cluttered. You've got some serious skills :)

All the early official modulars used this technique. Only the last few sets have studs between floors. The early ones were held in place, sideways, by plates underneath the floors.

Wow! And WOW again! Lovely colors, textures, furniture, tile floors, windows, and so many other outstanding features. This is outstanding!

Awesome work. I especially like beautiful wall texture and brilliant skylight. Colour palette and photos are amazing too.

Also I should mention cool details, like smiling $, use of judge's hummers as arm rests of armchair, and nicely done laundromats.

Amazeballs!, I'd love to see a modular version of the laundromat, for some reason I keep thinking it'd make a great bank, with the dollar sign on the billboard and the high ceiling on the ground floor.

This is gorgeous! :wub: My favourite part is the ground floor, both the facade and the interior details.

The tag line had me in stitches!