Sign in to follow this  
droomangroup

Ford Bronco MOC

i've been creating a series of 4x4 MOCs and modded stock sets and while building a stock truck i noticed it was almost like a Bronco, so i decided to go for it and make one that was definitely a Bronco.

tniwneR.jpg

the hardest part of the build was the grill, so many lego trucks look the same around the grill and i really wanted this to look like a Bronco's grill. the hard part was that the Bronco's turn signals are in front and given the LEGO scale limitation i was limited to a 1x1 round plate for the turn signals. which then made for a really small grill, which the Bronco doesn't have. it's hard to see in this pic, but i put the orange singles under the grill so they kind of poke thru and look smaller. the other trick was getting the big tall front face of the Bronco grill. two stud height was too much so used a plate and tile top and bottom to make it look taller than just a single brick height.

IB4LUhb.jpg

i thought about doing white fenders, but it was a bit too cluttered that way

UJ54r8P.jpg

unlike my other 4x4's that are more set up for the expedition look, i tried to keep the Bronco simple and classic. All this dude packed was a cooler and some firewood. he's ready to hit the trails and sleep under he stars.

Qx0Zjro.jpg

It looks like a Bronco. The front end is spot on and that white stripe is a the perfect finishing touch.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

thanks all, i'm pretty happy with it.

Nice Moc. I wish it was accompanied by an LDD file!

as for the LDD file, here you go Sean. i should have included it before.

i played around with grill ideas in plastic first but since i had to order some orange bricks this was my first model i built completely in LDD first.

enjoy and please share any builds you guys do, i would love to see them.

oh and i think the bumper in the LDD is different, i ran out of 1x1 white tiles so used jumpers instead, but i'm happy with the change.

bronco.lxf

Edited by droomangroup