Sign in to follow this  
Lazarev N.

[MOC] The Hobbit. Barrel Escape!

Bilbo and the dwarves need to escape from the wood elves, but alas, they stopped at the border - the only way to shut bars! But suddenly elf outpost attacked by orcs!

13915436716_b54b39a25b_z.jpg

The Hobbit. Barrel Escape! by FrostNovejkee, on Flickr

13938990334_435b328f27_z.jpg

13915436096_da1befd442_z.jpg

13915422561_9bddc9ea41_z.jpg

13915440582_3349a396be_z.jpg

Awesome job, this is very action packed build! Very accurate too! The dwarves heads in the barrels cracked me up.

An excellent rendition in lego of what looked like a very small polystyrenne set in the movie. (Seriously, what was Peter Jackson thinking? And he replaced the gritty realism of the LOTR orcs with fake looking CGI orcs!!). Great MOC though.

Neat little build

I would checkout this tutorial here: http://sariel.pl/201...ssing-tutorial/ It's about lightning and clearing the background.

Thank you very much - a very useful link!

Great work! I have an LDD moc of this scene waiting to be built..

It will be interesting to see.

An excellent rendition in lego of what looked like a very small polystyrenne set in the movie. (Seriously, what was Peter Jackson thinking? And he replaced the gritty realism of the LOTR orcs with fake looking CGI orcs!!). Great MOC though.

I agree - painted orcs look funny and not scary!(

Awesome job, this is very action packed build! Very accurate too! The dwarves heads in the barrels cracked me up.

Love the big heads coming out of the barrels. :D

Good work.

It looks cute and funny, right?)

I really like the watergate, as it looks very similar to the one from the movie. The dwarf heads sticking out are the best part. :sweet:

Although that is a good build, :thumbup:

it is not the barrel escape from The Hobbit.

It is a version of PJ's twisted film. :thumbdown:

Not this same PJ vs. Tolkien argument again surely?? Change the record! (or playlist in this day and age :grin:). This has been debated ten thousand times. Calling a film "twisted" just sounds over the top. Its getting real tedious hearing this again and again on this forum and others around the net. Count yourself lucky he made film adaptations of The Hobbit! Cause without the movies there would be no Hobbit nor LOTR Lego. FYI the book on its own would never make a decent movie. Lack of character development (other than Bilbo) is not sufficient for a coherent film/s

On a lighter note fantastic moc! :thumbup: Great representation of the movie scene which I personally enjoyed immensely! Then again I am a film student and film fanatic. So it comes with the territory! :thumbup:

This is really good. I might have used larger barrels (just the heads in the smaller ones look a little weird). Just nitpicking though; good job :thumbup:

Just saw the film yesterday, and this made me smile! Seeing the heads in the barrel give it a sort of 'Bobble-Head' look which works! :thumbup: