Sign in to follow this  
AmperZand

SNOT minifigs only please

I recently bought set 76014 Spider-Trike vs Electro mostly for the Electro minifig. But I'm really not keen on exposed head studs on minifigs and have already ordered a hair piece from BrickLink for the minifig even though the character in the movie is bald.

I've got hundreds of minifigs in my display collection but only three (Spider-Man and two microfigures) have studs on top. The rest have hat or hair pieces or pre-shaped head pieces (like the goblinoid in this pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/AmperZand/Fantasy/psyche_and_sidekick.jpg ) and are therefore SNOT.

Even TLG seems to be moving away from exposed head studs if the grandpa minifig from CMF series 10 is anything to go by: http://minifigures.lego.com/en-GB/Bios/Grandpa.aspx

What are your thoughts? Do you have a SNOT policy for your minifigs? Or are you happy to have exposed studs for your baldies?

I really don't mind exposed studs on minifigs.

I think the minifigures in the collectible series lack studs because they are intended to depict subjects as accurate as LEGO can, so studs wouldn't fit the image.

I prefer minifigs without the stud showing, but I do have a couple of figures in my display with their studs showing, so it isn't a 100% deal breaker for me.

As a kid I hated the studs showing, I thought they looked like weird mongoloids or something, now though, I really appreciate the bald head, I wish ironman had a stud head instead of a huge helmet.

I prefer minifigs without the stud showing, but I do have a couple of figures in my display with their studs showing, so it isn't a 100% deal breaker for me.

Years ago I thought Lego had made a mistake by not having the top of the minifig head as a hole instead of a stud.

This way there could have been a small stud to fill it in, for a bald figure.

I also think this would have adapted well to making hair that hats fit on top of.

Back before I went "purist", I used to drill holes in the top of hair pieces, and then use a double/stud like piece (some made from flower pieces and some made from technic pins) to put hats on.

Back before I went "purist", I often made my own pieces by slicing and drilling existing pieces, and then using Kragle to create the shape I wanted.

I also used evil clone brands to get colors like pink and purple.

Edited by eileenkeeney