Sign in to follow this  
TWP

[SoNE EP. IV] Sector A: Under the radar

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Derp. forget to mention the sector. Sector A. Can any MOD please edit that for me? :blush: Thanks Lobot!

We never came here for the prisoners themselves. The only real reason was the secret weapon. While most of the rebel troops were instructed to rescue prisoners who know something about the secret weapon, most of the really important informers had already been killed. The information they knew was stored in a special container, which was stored in a safe in the base, at least, that was what I assumed.

The alliance first learned of it through me. I used to be head of security in this facility, so I know every corner of the base. First I thought I only was permitted to help planning the operation, but later I heard I had to assist a commando team there.

Prologue:

TWP: Almost there!

Stormtrooper: In the name of the Emp...

Nendo: Sector secured! Moving in on the safe-deposit!

Rann: Hacking the safe... Waiting...

Entire team: ... What?!

<pause>

Nendo: To command: It's gone, I repeat: It's gone!

Aièl: What now? TWP?

TWP: It should have been here - it should have been. Important containers like this always have been here, look at the marks and the security...

Bonder: Any other places it could be?

TWP: No. They most probalbly want to escape with it. There's one back entrance, on the entire other end of the base, the imperials often use it as a personal hangar of bigwigs and of the facilities commanders, they could be bringing it there - if they not already did.

Nendo: We'll move there then! Team, move out!

<while moving>

Aièl: Which direction is it located?

TWP: In the part still controlled by imperials.

Rann: That will take too long! We have to act fast! Any other entrance? Maybe we can fly to it?

TWP: Our shuttle will not work. We will have to get past turbo laser batteries. The only possible other option is with repulsorlift platforms located in the east corner of the base, we can then move under the radar. We'll have to look out they will not look themselves though, but they are probalbly too busy.

Nendo: That's seems like a much better plan to me!

At the east corner of the base

13897216546_e7567c5804.jpg

Rann: Hostiles taken out!

Aièl: Scanning the area. All clear!

Nendo: So, TWP, those speeders? they are small!

TWP: It should fit. I had expected more though.

Rann: Where are those shields fore?

TWP: Lava outbursts on the surface. They'll also protect for blaster fire, take them with you if you feel inclined, I will at least take one.

Bonder: We'll take those then. I'll make the speeders ready.

13920328155_88b1f10942.jpg

Nendo: To command: moving out to sector: hostile back entrance.

Meanwhile, at the by-the-Empire-controlled back entrance.

13920393973_27837ca167.jpg

Field Commander: Be careful troops! We need not to damage the container with the intel! <shouting> Is our shuttle ready?

Pilot: Everything ready sir! Ready for takeoff!

13897225662_c8b0fdd4ea.jpg

Field Commander: Everything quiet over there?

Officer: Nothing on the radar sir!

Field Commander: Move along, do not dawdle.

CT33458D: Sir, I see something in the distance with my binoculars. They are no friendly forces! They're moving in fast!

13897213381_58cb58574b.jpg

Sweeesh. 1 trooper died. Sweesh. 1 trooper died.

Rann: Nice shot!

Field Commander: Send reinforcements, quick!

Officer: Reinforcements on route, they'll be here any moment now!

Main story:

13897216636_ea42013eb1.jpg

Nendo: Commando's, attack!

Phew! Phew! Phew!

Nendo: Imperials, Surrender!

Field Commander: We'll think about that. TWP? You traitor!

TWP: Just fighting for the good cause now!

Aièl: Imperial reinforement forces! Take cover!

13920331155_5646988119.jpg

Stormtrooper commander: Surrender! In the name of the Empire! You're outnumbered!

Nendo: Rebels! Hold you're positions! Attack & Defend!

Whole time: Yes sir!

Bonder: This is where the fun begins!

Out of character part:

The MOC itself:

The whole MOC is a cutout of a platform, as you can see when you look at the exposed electronics on the side. on the right there is an imaginary Imperial Shuttle :wink:

On the left is the main back entrance of the facility. There's a guard tower above.

The doors in the entrance are able to be closed and opened.

The dark grey platform with the turret can move up and down, with reinforcements.

The turret can be operated by a minifig. It has stud blasters on it's side, so they can really shoot! :wink:

13920331155_5646988119.jpg

13920783744_d8d9574d6c.jpg

13897223372_83fb5dcc5d.jpg

13897217726_43989efb46.jpg

The whole MOC is a cutout of a platform, as you can see when you look at the exposed electronics on the side.

13920347965_57b19b0798.jpg

For the lava technique I used my own blocky interpretation of this awesome MOC.

13920781074_f4048bcf2e.jpg

My the team.

From left to right: Bonder, Nendo (leader), TWP (me!), Aièl, Rann.

More pictures on my Flickr.

I'm sorry for the bad picture quality, in real my MOC looks even better! :wink:

C&C welcome! :sweet:

BONUS:

13897222952_fb891c9e27.jpg

The mysterie of Harry:

The prison is a really good secured one. No-one ever escaped. Except one little fellow.

His name was Harry. One day, he wanted a pickaxe to mine for ores in the rocks of Sullust. I agreed. But then, one day, he just disappeared. Rumor held he dug a tunnel to escape. But nobody ever knew what really happened to him, neither if he really did escape.

Great entry TWP, and some really nice little details, you've clearly put a lot of effort into it!

I'm not totally sure about the Gungan shields though :wink: I've updated the title for you :classic:

Great entry TWP, and some really nice little details, you've clearly put a lot of effort into it!

I'm not totally sure about the Gungan shields though :wink: I've updated the title for you :classic:

Thanks Lobot!

By the way, I've now finished the text.

Great to see you finally build something in SoNE. But it doesn't have to be that good :grin:

Apart from admiring the beautiful build, I spent some time looking at how you succeeded in making two scenes. Great that you can take the main platform out and change it for a dynamic model. I've rarely seen that, and that gives you extra credit from me. Not that the build itself doesn't warrant it. I mean, just look at the rocks and the lava. They are as they should be, with the different colors and the nice relief. All the gaps in the rocks make it more volcanic, and the fact you added in some details there is pretty cool. That base is nice as well, with those genious Malevolence tiles!

The real star is the technical part though. Those speeder platforms are exceptionally, and you even added some variety between them! Most impressive. And the main platform is great as well. It comes complete with railing and - because you just couldn't resist, could you? - lovely greebles. You used that space really well. The base of the platfrom is nice to have as well. So is the cute little turret. And the posing of the minifigs is great. I especially like how the hover platforms are tilted.

The tower is good. The scattered windows, the gate that can really open... so much things to set it apart. Still, I have the feeling this is the weekest link in your build. The platforms are nice and all, but maybe it's the sheer blockyness that sets me off. Maybe rounding off more, or creating some angles would do it good. Besides, that is a really small gate for being the main back entrance!

Though I like this build very much, I still hope I will get more points than you, my competitor! :wink: Although I could live with a draw as well...

Oh no, another Rebel entry... Us Imps don't stand a chance! The lava really completes a brilliant build!

Thanks!

Remember Lord Tyrus, it's more about quality then quantity, and I also think you imperials have a good amount of builds already! It's going to be exciting!

Great to see you finally build something in SoNE. But it doesn't have to be that good :grin:

Apart from admiring the beautiful build, I spent some time looking at how you succeeded in making two scenes. Great that you can take the main platform out and change it for a dynamic model. I've rarely seen that, and that gives you extra credit from me. Not that the build itself doesn't warrant it. I mean, just look at the rocks and the lava. They are as they should be, with the different colors and the nice relief. All the gaps in the rocks make it more volcanic, and the fact you added in some details there is pretty cool. That base is nice as well, with those genious Malevolence tiles!

The real star is the technical part though. Those speeder platforms are exceptionally, and you even added some variety between them! Most impressive. And the main platform is great as well. It comes complete with railing and - because you just couldn't resist, could you? - lovely greebles. You used that space really well. The base of the platfrom is nice to have as well. So is the cute little turret. And the posing of the minifigs is great. I especially like how the hover platforms are tilted.

The tower is good. The scattered windows, the gate that can really open... so much things to set it apart. Still, I have the feeling this is the weekest link in your build. The platforms are nice and all, but maybe it's the sheer blockyness that sets me off. Maybe rounding off more, or creating some angles would do it good. Besides, that is a really small gate for being the main back entrance!

Though I like this build very much, I still hope I will get more points than you, my competitor! :wink: Although I could live with a draw as well...

Thanks for the praising words and your feedback BEAVeR! I really appreaciate it!

Variety in speeders? Really? I thought I build them exacly the same :laugh:

What do you exactly mean with angles? I mean, I think I have already created some angles in that platform, right? (those were hard BTW)

About the back entrance, I agree it's small, but it's supposed to be secret I guess... Main reason is I made this build to be possible to fit in both sector A and sector D (docking bay), but it was more stratigic to place it here :wink:

the last sentence, do I recognice that? :tongue:

Edited by TWP

Thanks for the praising words and your feedback BEAVeR! I really appreaciate it!

Variety in speeders? Really? I thought I build them exacly the same :laugh:

What do you exactly mean with angles? I mean, I think I have already created some angles in that platform, right? (those were hard BTW)

About the back entrance, I agree it's small, but it's supposed to be secret I guess... Main reason is I made this build to be possible to fit in both sector A and sector D (docking bay), but it was more stratigic to place it here :wink:

the last sentence, do I recognice that? :tongue:

1) You're welcome! You see I like typing a lot :blush:

2) With the variety in speeders, I was actually referring to all the different speeder design you tried out, as that picture on your Flickr shows. What you've got now is definetly the best...

3) Well, you get a huge amount of words, and still asking questions? With the angles, I especially had windows and doors in mind. Those are very rectangular. Making it more trapezoid, or tilting the windows a little downward, as to ovelook the platform would be nice. The door could be trapzoid as well. The door of the endor bunker is a nice example.

4) O you cheater! Should have chosen the docking bay, then we wouldn't need to battle each other :laugh: .

5) Hey, I guess we follow the same flow of thought then, or maybe I accidentally copied your sentence and added a capital letter in :tongue:

1) You're welcome! You see I like typing a lot :blush:

2) With the variety in speeders, I was actually referring to all the different speeder design you tried out, as that picture on your Flickr shows. What you've got now is definetly the best...

3) Well, you get a huge amount of words, and still asking questions? With the angles, I especially had windows and doors in mind. Those are very rectangular. Making it more trapezoid, or tilting the windows a little downward, as to ovelook the platform would be nice. The door could be trapzoid as well. The door of the endor bunker is a nice example.

4) O you cheater! Should have chosen the docking bay, then we wouldn't need to battle each other :laugh: .

5) Hey, I guess we follow the same flow of thought then, or maybe I accidentally copied your sentence and added a capital letter in :tongue:

2) Aha, thanks for making that clear. Yep, I agree of course. At first I opted to go for TLG's version, so it would be clear what kind of speeder it was. But because the rocks were brown and I needed a contrast between the speeders, I made it dark bley. Then, when I looked at the MOC as a whole it looked off, so I made my own, and I'm proud of it. :wink: What I not like about my design is that it relies heavily on a illegal technique, and that is not really sturdy.

3) I'm terribly sorry :laugh: Now I get what you meant, thanks! I'll experiment with that, it would have been a good idea with overhanging windows!

4) Well, I wouldn't want to "fight" Bob, this is better for the team I think. You could still change your sector to E: weapons storage :grin:

5) Shame on you :grin:

Well done TWP, and......

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks for blogging! First time! :cry_happy: Harry would have loved it too!

Wow this is fantastic. I like everything here, nice work. Great sound effects too :wink:

Haha! thanks!

Wow, I love everything about this build! The base with the inclusion of the sticker elements, the rock and lava work which is absolutely gorgeous, all the platforms, and last but not least the bonus. Superb job! My favorite entry for the whole contest.

TWP, our secret Dark Horse!

This is a wonderful first SoNE build! :thumbup::wub:

The platform with shaping & details, the repulsorlift platforms, the base & lava... most excellent! Are those tiles on the base from the Malevolence? Looks useful, maybe I'll have to grab that set after all (or alternatively the sticker sheet!).

Only suggestions I have would be to increase the height of the door and the control room to give the figs a little more room, but I know how it goes with limited time and parts.

Thanks Dapper!

Sorry for being so late with my comments... :blush:

No problem, better late then never! And as a revenge I will reply even later! :grin:

TWP, our secret Dark Horse!

This is a wonderful first SoNE build! :thumbup::wub:

The platform with shaping & details, the repulsorlift platforms, the base & lava... most excellent! Are those tiles on the base from the Malevolence? Looks useful, maybe I'll have to grab that set after all (or alternatively the sticker sheet!).

Only suggestions I have would be to increase the height of the door and the control room to give the figs a little more room, but I know how it goes with limited time and parts.

Thanks! It means a lot hearing that from you.

Those tiles are indeed from the Malevolence. I noticed I had not many black tiles and when I saw that ship that cost me €100 and I had not really used ever I thought I might as well grab those! It's actually a nice set for dark blue too.

About that last paragraph, that was mainly the reason. As I said in the secret rebel PM conversation I did try something but it did not make it very better. In fact there is actually one small change between this and the one I posted there. Hard to see though...

What I seemed while building this MOC I really got JUST enough of every piece I needed! Very lucky I got with that. So I did not have to make my first scary BL order after all! :grin:

Edited by TWP