Sign in to follow this  
pihlbrick

[Sone ep 4] - Sector B- Detention Black break in

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

We came in on the first wave on an old Yf-1300 freighter surprising the unsuspecting imperial forces, posing as a simple delivery vessel. We landed as close to the detention blocks as possible.Once inside we shot our way to the prisoners and Quickly dealt With the guards.

13902049034_a2eed651de_c.jpg

More pictures added

13902041244_0e6db2f17e_c.jpg

13901605725_efe2da7bc5_c.jpg

With flash

13901591885_4f54646f34_c.jpg

This is a good build! Why have you not updated the picture?

I love those doorshapes and that hallway! the angle technique between them is good too!

I've embedded a pic here for you, so points will count and others can see it! :sweet:

13902049034_a2eed651de.jpg

You've got some great techniques here-I would love to see more pictures, especially of the corridor. The angled walls and the doorways are very well done.

Finally I came near a PC again. I have upated the original post to include the picture instead of the iframe. I have also added a few more pictures from my flickrstream of the build.

My thougts for this build was originally to do something with lava (as most orther builds who were inspired by the awesome INFERNO build)

12729071923_2900ece1cb_b.jpg

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93051

But when I researched detention blocks and imperial garrisons I learned that the empire used the same mobile garrrisons all over the system, so it made sense to do it generic on the insides, instead of including a lot of rock work and lava.

Oh - and thank you for the comments - I'll try to add a few more pictures, of the back and underside.

You could have selected another sector that could feature such landscape, making something like the "Inferno" would almost have granted you victory on that sector.

You could have selected another sector that could feature such landscape, making something like the "Inferno" would almost have granted you victory on that sector.

I just meant that everyone's lava seems to be inspired by the INFERNO build. :sweet:

Edited by pihlbrick

I really like this one! Those angles are near perfect...

It's really nice to some other shapes emerge than all the rectangular stuff. And in this MOC, there aren't even parallel walls. Still, it looks very familiar and harmonic, so you did a very good job on that balancing act. Also, when using such angles, things tend to get gappy. But no such thing in this build, since you choose the right elements. The shape of those doors is quite special (almost dwarvish?), but I really fancy it. It could be a bit too artistic for a detention block, but that's okay. Those grills are a nice addition by the way, making it look very Star Warsy. Also, those angled stripes within the doors are a very nice touch, although they don't come out really good in the pictures.

That corridor is well executed, and it's nice to see one of the doors opened, so that the little bit of assymetry makes the scene more interesting. In the first picture, it's a bit disturbing however to see a long hallway behind one of the doors, and nothing at all behind the others. Maybe adding some kind of ceiling would be better. It would have been nice to have more controls around as well. Those consoles are pretty empty, and now don't seem to have any function except supporting stromtrooper bodies (I think that posing could've been a bit better). And that Rebel on the left is just touching a wall... a panel there would make sense. But it's still a great build, with those nice half-hidden pillars, differences in rosters etc. Yes, there are a lot of visible studs, but that actually only evokes the stony feel more.

So yes, that's one very nice build. Congratulations on all the angles!